Status: I hope you will like my story. :)

Within Two Minutes

*** it!

“So, be careful, baby,” my mum said after she decided to go shopping with dad. David wasn’t in the city, so he couldn’t come to ‘watch me over’. So this was the first time I had to stay home alone. “Sure, mommy,” I answered. “We’ll be home in an hour, okay? Don't do any stupidities, yes?” Mum gave a command and kissed me on my forehead. “Of course, mum, don’t worry.” I smiled at her. “If anything happened, call us!” Daddy said on his way to the garage. “Yeah.” That was the last word I said before they disappeared behind closing door.

It was about 8 in the morning and I didn't have breakfast yet so I decided to take some cookies and to make hot chocolate. I was lucky that the packet of crackers was on the counter so it was easy to reach it out. With cocoa it was bigger problem because it was in chiffonier high above me. I’ll try it! I'll get there! I said to myself. Firstly I tried to stretch my hand … but to no purpose. So get up! Do it! I was rising slowly from a sitting position … and again unsuccessfully. I tried it a several times … I almost held a glass with cocoa … suddenly the glass fell from my hand straight onto the ground. Oh, NO! Shit! You IDIOT! You are useless! I screamed to myself. I was so mad at my person.

I gave up my breakfast, left our kitchen and drove to the window. I was looking out at children jumping over skipping-rope. They played with the ball and ran all the way round. They are really, really happy. I whispered then my tear ran down my face. I already couldn’t stand it. The other people go for a walk, they run, they ride a bike, they can whatever and me? I have to be chained to this stupid wheelchair. Last time I looked from the window at the playground full of happy children full of life. I couldn’t stand it and started to cry a lot before I threw a vase down from the table. I was terrified of what I did. A few seconds I only looked at the shards. After a while I covered my face with my shaking hands. I was on the verge of collapse. “Shit!” I said aloud and looked at my hands. “What's wrong with me?! FUCK!” I sobbed. “Keep, calm, Pierre, keep calm. You're not such a loser! Get a grip!” I told to myself while crying. After my hands stopped shaking slightly I drove to my room and slammed the door behind me. I stopped in front of my bed. “Calm down, Bouvier. It’s okay. You just need to rest.” I was calming myself down. “It's just a bed, a STUPID bed! You can do it!” I encouraged myself, still crying. Then I resolved to lean on the armrests. “Do it!” I really wanted to make it but in my attempt I again proved my incompetence. My wheelchair went out from under me and I fell down on the ground. Fortunately, I grasped the bedding. This time I was honestly mad at myself. “Shit! Fuck! I'm nothing! I can't do anything! I’m such a loser! Goddamn! I always fuck everything up!” One vulgar word after another came out of my mouth. While cursing I slammed my fist to the bed. “Shit!” I sobbed a lot. After my failure I just sat there with my head resting on the bed maybe for a half an hour. I was looking into space with eyes filled with tears.

After a moment I overheard a sound of key in the lock and two different voices. I was sure my parents were coming. “Pierre, we are home!” I heard my mommy’s voice calling my name and I paid attention to it. “Where are you, baby?” Her voice grew anxious. “Louise, something happened. The vase is smashed the pieces.” Daddy frightened as he saw that. “And the cacao on the ground. Louise, where is he?” Mum didn’t answer and went straight to my room. She was terrified of what she was looking at. I lay there like a loser. “Honey, Pierre, what happened? Sonny!” She approached to me and started fondling my cheeks. “Sonny, Pierrot. Are you okay? What- wha-at …” I opened my eyes slowly and looked at her. “Mommy, I just … tried to make breakfast and … I can’t do any-ny-thing.” I stuttered. “Don’t say a single word, hon. Come, I’ll help you to lie on the bed.” I nodded while sobbing. “Mommy, I’m sorry for that vase I broke. I just saw the children from the window playing, jumping, running and I just… I couldn’t sta-nd it.” Stop talking, baby.” Mum interrupted me by giving a finger against my lips. “There’s no need to apologize, okay? Lie down.” She sat and helped me to lie on the bed. “Have a rest and don’t cry anymore.” She smiled at me and went away.

I thought about it all the time until mommy called me for lunch. So this wasn’t the best start of the day.