Status: I hope you will like my story. :)

Within Two Minutes

Quarterfinal

Back home
Match for breaking through to the quarterfinal.

“…so get up and kick some ass!” The coach encouraged us. “You’re NOT losers! So let’s win motherfuckers!” As one after another ran out to the court coach patted us on shoulder. In the middle of curt we made a circle and wrapped arms around shoulders as always. “So guys, be strong in body, clean in mind! We’ll win because we play together as a team. Disappointment hurts worse than pain in this game. So let’s GO, Wildcats!!” I screamed and looked around everyone in that circle. “YEAH!!!” Each of us was ready at his position. Then I looked over the crowd and was looking for David. Then I glimpsed him. He was shinning like the sun. Not to mention his smile.

The hall was filled by a sound of the whistle, which started the game.

**********

The match ended unexpectedly with a ten-point difference. We were really incredibly happy. The adversaries were strong sure enough. The game was terrific and full of great turnovers. I can say: It wasn’t easy. We finally made it to the victorious end. But we were out of breath.

“Great, guys!” Coach said as we got back to the changing room. The room was full of joy. “So now, guys, we’re in the semi-final! Whoah!” We were still whooping. “You’d better hurry up, because David’s in front of the hall.” Jack said merrily. I looked at him whole-heartedly and said: “Oh really? Hey, Maurice, he was there! He saw me playing! Do you think he liked it? And what if-“ “Hey, stop! Don’t let him wait, moron!” Jack said derisively and threw a wet towel at me. I only responded: “Hey, lemur, shut up! I’m going!” I threw the towel back at him, strictly speaking at his hair. He is extremely squeamish about his hair. “Earthworm!” We laughed. I know, our abusive language is strange but we don’t really care.

In front of the hall
“Oh, Davie, hi!” I said aloud because I saw only his back. He turned around quickly. “Oh, you scared me!” “I’m sorry, sweetheart,” I answered and pulled him close. “Did you like the game?” “You were amazing. I enjoyed it!” Then he pressed his lips against mine. The soft kiss made me shiver but it was not the first time. I grabbed his hands. “Oh, honey, you’re so cold.” I said and whereupon held him in a tight embrace. He only smiled sweetly. “Davie?” “Yeah?” “Do you have a time tomorrow in the evening?” “Oh, yes, I guess. Why?” “Well, I invite you for dinner. Of course, only if you want.” I was nervous because I really didn’t know his answer. He could do whatever. “Oh, ducky, sure that I want.” I was totally happy, honestly.

“Okay, I’m glad you’re gonna go with me on a … can I say ‘date’?” He gave me as an answer one sweet kiss. “Sure, you can.” “It will be our first official date.” I smiled at him and continued. “Fine, what about at six in Mangiafoco? How does it grab you?” “Okay, I’ll be there.” He replied and smiled again. I love the way he makes me crazy by his smile. “You made me incredibly happy, Davie. I love you.” These words came out of my mouth very lightly. I had no problem with that. His eyes filled with tears. “What’s going on? Did I say something wrong? Don’t cry, please … I didn’t mean to hur-…” He put his finger on my lips. “Shh! You know, it's emotional. Nobody ever told me this way. I love you too, Pierre.” We smiled again and snuggled up to each other.