Status: I hope you will like my story. :)

Within Two Minutes

Big Day

In front of the hall
“…only an hour, only an hour … I’m going crazy! What can I do? I don’t want to think about it … I’m fucking nervous! Only an hour!!!” I began rub my hands nervously. “Calm down and pluck up your courage! I’m gonna keep my fingers crossed.” David patted me on my shoulder. “Will you be there? If not I … I’ll fuck it up!” He got closer, wrapped his arms around my waist. “Baby, I’m sure you’re gonna win but you HAVE TO concentrate!” We smiled at each other.

“Bouvier!!! Hurry up!!!” Jack screamed from about 30 metres away. “Wait a minute!” I shouted before I continued. “I have to go, honey. I hope I’m gonna see you there in the crowd. Love you.” “OK. Love you too. Go for it!” Then I gave him one last kiss and walked away to Jack. Together we went to our changing room.

In the changing room ruled nervousness, voltage and silence. I could hear the beating of hearts of each of us. Our coach encouraged us, of course. All the time I was leaning against my legs with my head down to the ground.

I thought about all the guys who won over us the entire year and now we’re standing against each other again – in the most important part of our basketball dream. The hall was full of excited people including David and my daddy. I don’t wanna disappoint them. Sincerely.

We made a circle (as traditionally) and wrapped arms around shoulders. As a good skipper I started encourage. “So, guys. I must say you something. Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. So never say never, because limits, like fears are often just an illusion. Just play! Have fun!! Enjoy the game!!!” “WHOA!!!” Everybody screamed. I looked in the crowd last and saw my two heroes – beloved Davie and Daddy who sat next to him. Then I only focused on the ball.

************

“It’s 4th quarter and Montreal’s Wildcats are entering in with ten-point interval. If they wanna win they have to play differently, because the tactic does NOT indicate them clearly. During eight minutes they have to catch up the loss.”
“There are only three minutes to the end of the match and Wildcats are losing only two points. Game is full of remarkable actions. The fans aren't nor moving.”

I sat on the bench and glanced at a timekeeping. The final seconds of the match were ticking away – 0:40, 0:39, 0:38 … Then our coach patted me on the shoulder, signalizing me to go to the game. As soon as I stood in the middle of the court I got the ball. I started dribbling. The whole crowd was looking at me. They got up from their seats. There was a deathly hush. All of my rivals ran against me. They were really close and then I risked. I stopped in front of the three-point line and stopped dribbling. I grabbed the ball. It was the final three seconds to the end. I took aim. I threw. I closed my eyes. I was only praying. It was like a slow motion.

Suddenly I heard jubilation. I opened my eyes. Every player got off the ground. We jumped to every one of us and screamed and hugged each other. We were totally crazy. Oh my goodness! I talked to myself. I looked to the crowd and saw touched daddy which stood and whole-heartedly applauded. Next to him David was smiling at me. I couldn’t stand it. I had to run to the crowd. First my father approached. I hugged him really tight. “Oh, son! That was so great match! I’m proud of you! Really!” “Daddy, I’m so happy! Oh, dad!” “I love you, son! Luckily, I recorded the match on camera!” My daddy was truly touched. He almost cried – but – they were tears of happiness. He was patting me on my back all the time. Well, I admit it, I cried, too. “And now celebrate it properly!” Dad said before I went closer to David and hugged him as well. “Pierre, you’re amazing! That was stupendous, seriously! I love you, honey!” “Davie, I managed to do it because of you! Thank you, baby that you were here!” He just smiled. I didn’t want to let him go but the embrace probably was not very nice for him because my jersey was soaked with sweat. “Sweetie, I have to go! But I'll see you tomorrow, okay? I’ll come to you and we can go for a walk if you want or just-“ “Pierre, shut your mouth! Go celebrate the victory, yeah? I love you!” He said before kissing me. “Okay, I’ll call you tomorrow! I love you, sugar. Bye!” “Take care!” We smiled sweetly at each other and then I went back on the court. We took over the Cup and disappeared into the changing room.

We celebrated all night and I can say – I was really happy! Although I had a big hangover in the morning, it was worth it! It was fun! Guys from the team mocked me because of my cheeks which got so red after I had only one beer! But that’s OK, we won the championship so my dream came true.