Status: rewriting this because I've got a better idea

The Devil Within.

And I'll face the fear

“What the hell did I just watch?” Stiles asks me during a small break between episodes. We didn’t do much talking besides the few questions he asked me during the episodes.

“You just watched the first season of Doctor Who; well the first season of the newer Doctor Who.” I laugh, “how do you like it so far?” I ask as we walk into the kitchen to get more snacks.

“It’s cheesy,” he replies with a laugh, “but actually pretty cool. Some of the episodes and monsters a pretty scary in the mental sort of way.”

“Are you my mummy?” I ask, imitating the little boy from the show. Stiles just laughs before sitting at the island in the kitchen, “hey I’m pretty sure that would have been more terrifying if I had a gas mask or a better British accent.”

“I’m pretty sure it wouldn’t be terrifying even then,” he states, “you’re just too cute to me scary.” I can feel my cheeks heat up and I quickly turn my head and walk towards the kitchen,

“What kind of snacks to do want for season two?”

“Doesn’t matter.” He replies, “hey when are your parents getting home? It’s already pretty late.”

“They’re probably just around town,” I shrug, lying to him. “Who knows when they’re get back.”

“Are they always like this?” He asks, “leaving you home with Tessa?”

I nod my head, “I think yesterday was the first day, on a weekend, that I didn’t have to spend time with my sister.” I admit to him. “Sad huh?”

“Well at least you have a cool baby sister,” he smiles, “that’s got to make things better.”

“You know, she actually likes you,” I inform him, “Tess usually doesn’t like my friends. So you’re pretty special.”

“Well tell her tomorrow when she wakes up, the feeling is mutual.” He says.

“How about I just get some hummus and crackers and we get back to watching a few more Doctor Who episodes before you have to get home?” I suggest.

“What’s hummus?” He asks, looking terrified.

“You’ll like it, trust me.” I smile before pulling the container out of the fridge…

**

“How was your day in?” My dad asks the next morning as I walk downstairs after getting ready for school.

“She had a friend over and he was pretty cool!” Tessa answers for me, “we watched Doctor Who most of the day and he made us laugh and was actually interested in the show, not just Arian!”

“You had someone over?” My mother asks, “I thought we said no friends?”

“You expect me not to make friends here?” I hiss, “maybe if I get friends here you can solve whatever mystery you’re trying to solve. Plus it’s one person, it’s not going to hurt anyone.”

“She’s right Mary,” Uncle Judas steps in, defending me. “She’s 17, let her have friends. It’s not going to kill you to allow your daughter to be happy.”

“Stay out of this Judas,” my mother hisses, “she’s not your daughter.”

“Arian, why don’t you take Tessa to school today,” my dad says, tossing me the keys to his truck. “I’ll take Alpha for a walk.”

“I don’t start school for another hour and a half.” Tessa points out.

“Then how about you two go out for a quick breakfast, my treat.” He adds on, handing me his credit card.

“Ok Pinky, let’s head out then.” I say, grabbing my bag as we walk out of the house; getting ready for the first day of school.

“Why do Mommy and Uncle Judas fight all the time?” Tessa asks me as I help her up into the truck and buckle her in properly.

“Because they butt heads a lot, don’t worry about it kid.” I reply, smiling, “their fighting has nothing to do with you.” She just sighs as I close the door and walk over to the driver’s side. I hope up into the truck; slamming the door behind me before buckling up. “So what do you want for breakfast? Dad’s treat..”

“Donuts!” She exclaims, happily, knowing if mom was here she wouldn’t have gotten it.

“Your wish is my command…”

**

I pull up to the school and park next to Stiles’ jeep just as he gets out. I turn off the truck, stopping the Butcher Babies song I was listening to mid song. I grab my bag and a donut before jumping down and closing the door behind me. Stiles notices me and walks over, looking at me weirdly as I shove the donut in my mouth so I can put on my book bag.

“What?” I ask taking the Boston Creme out of my mouth, “Tessa wanted donuts and made me purchase a dozen then tried to steal the dozen as she gets out of the truck for school. You’re more than welcome to have any of the donuts. There are like ten left.”

“I’m good, thanks though. “Stiles laughs, “ready for your first day of school?”

“Not really,” I sigh, “but let’s go anyway…” He just smiles and we walk towards the school. For some reason, I’ve got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. The same kind of feeling that tells me something bad is going to happen in the future and it all starts with this school...
♠ ♠ ♠
Arian; at the house
Arian; school

comment&subscribe?