Status: Completed .... just uploading slowly

Your Touch

Chapter 14 (Hannah's P.O.V.)

Chapter 14 (Hannah’s P.O.V.)

“Another perfect performance from you girls.” Mrs. Loral practically sang as she followed Sabrina and me to our dressing room. “It’s too bad that the show only lasts for a week.”

“Yeah,” Sabrina pouted a little. I felt the same way. We all worked so hard and had so much fun doing every show. There were always those memories that lingered with each play that we knew we would never forget.

“Well, good job tonight girls. Get home safely.” Mrs. Loral patted us on the back as we reached our dressing room.

“Thanks. Good night.” we almost chimed in unison. We looked at each other and laughed a little before we got changed. We made small talk about the play and all the things that almost went wrong. It was never a true performance unless something went wrong and we had to roll with the punches. That was what made the shows so much fun.

“Well, good night.” Sabrina waved to me as she walked to the door.

“Night.” I called before she closed the door.

I was only a few minutes later that I was ready to leave. I grabbed my purse and double-checked that I had everything before shutting the light off and heading for my car. In less than ten minutes, I was parking my car and beginning the short half a block walk to my house. That was when I started to feel uneasy.

‘What if I was attacked again?’ I began to panic as I began to relive images of that night in my head. I reached into my pocket, pulling out my phone and dialing the first person that came to mind.

“Hello?”

“Hey…” I replied shakily.

“Hannah,” I heard Liam say, “What’s the matter?”

“I’m a little scared.” I admitted to him bluntly.

“Why? Where are you?” he asked me, in a small panic himself.

I answered, “I’m walking home by myself.”

“Do you want me to come walk with you?” I knew he meant. He would run down from wherever he was and walk me home.

“No. Just stay on the phone with me.” I said softly as I walked quickly down the street.

“Okay,” his answer not completely sounding as if he was. There was silence for a moment before he spoke again, “This may not be my place to ask this, but where were you that you’re just now heading home?”

“Sabrina and I had a show tonight and we just got done.” I replied.

“Oh,” he said a little surprised, “You guys sing?”

“Well Bri does,” I chuckled, “I mostly just act.”

“That is so cool.” Liam sound like a kid for a minute. It made me smile.

“Yeah, it can be.” I said. I was cursing LA for the freakishly huge size of their blocks, until my apartment came into view.

“I’m almost home.” I said as I looked around. I didn’t want some freak following me home either.

“That’s good.” Liam said, “I will feel a lot better when I know that you are safe.”

I felt my face redden. I mentally slapped myself. There was no reason for me to get flustered over that. Liam was just a friend who was worried about my well-being.

“Yeah…” I mumbled.

It was silent for a moment, “So what show did you guys do?”

“Once Upon A Mattress.” I said with a smile on my face. I knew that Liam would have no idea what the play was really about and think the obvious.

“Wait,” Liam asked, “What did you have to do in this play?”

He seemed genuinely rattled and I couldn’t help but laugh. I was just too funny. I could actually imagine him wigging out if he were here with me.

“What’s so funny?”

“The play is about the fairy tale of the Princess and the Pea.” I managed to say between laughs. I reached up and opened the major door to my apartment complex.

“Oh,” was his only reply. I knew he was kind of embarrassed about the whole thing.

“Well, I thought…”

“I know,” I said, “We all thought the same thing when we heard the title. Don’t worry about it.”

“Well at least I’m not the only one who had that thought.” He sighed.

“Yeah.” I was putting my key in my doo now. I had managed to make it home safely. “Hey, I’m home now.”

“Oh,” his response seemed torn for some reason. “No creepers around.”

I took a quick check of the hall before opening my door. “All clear.”

I flipped my light on, being momentarily blinded by the brightness of it. I debating turning it off, but knew if I did I would end up falling over something and hurting myself.

“That’s good,” I heard him say, “Well, I guess I’ll let you go.” I could tell that he really didn’t want to go, but I wasn’t sure what to talk about.

“Oh, okay.” I responded. “I guess I’ll talk to you later.”

“Yeah,” he said half-heartedly, “I’ll talk to you later. Good night.”

“Good night.” I said before I heard the line go empty.

I sighed as I returned my phone to my pocket. I locked my door and headed for my kitchen. I tossed my purse on the table as I went for a fridge. I grabbed a soda before crashing on my couch. I really wasn’t ready to go to bed, but maybe some TV would change that. I flipped through the channels, seeing nothing really interesting on.

“Why do I pay for this shit when there is never anything on?” I complained as I press the off button on the remote.

I pulled my phone back out and decided to check my Twitter. I noticed I had a new mention.

@HannyChick @BriBri14 @TraceBook Cant wait for our GNO. Love you girls <3

I smiled at the tweet. I missed Alice a lot. I hated how she had to stay back in Ohio, but she had things bad there that couldn’t be put off. After her mom got sick, it was up to her as the oldest to take care of her younger sisters. I knew that she would decide to do that before she even told us her decision. I think we all knew.

@AliCat @BriBri14 @TraceBook Lookin forward to it :)

I really needed to start planning a trip out to see her for her birthday, or maybe even fly her out here. It would depend on how things were going at home. I would have to get a hold of one of her sisters to set up the whole thing.

I spent a few more minutes flipping through Twitter, before I decided that I was done with it. I sighed as I put my phone up again. I really needed something to do or someone to talk to.

‘Liam.’ I thought. I regretted it immediately. I sighed as I stood and headed for my room. I could feel the absence of his voice in the air. I missed his voice already, even though we had been on the phone only ten minutes ago.

“Get ahold of yourself, Hannah.” I grumbled to myself as I pitched myself onto my bed. I didn’t even bother to change into my pajamas. I just curled up in a ball and waited for sleep to take me over.