Status: CHAPTER NINE UP - READ, COMMENT AND REC! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!

You Me & the Dead

Chapter Nineteen

Everyone was questioning Glenn on why he was back alone - with no supplies. I could feel it. Just feel it; time ticking. I said nothing to Glenn. I just laid back on the saddlebag and tried to absorb my surroundings and pretend Daryl was there with me.

"Come on! Get Lexi into the car, there isn't much time." Hershel was the one saying this and then with very little effort on my part; I was lifted carefully into the air and then into the back of one of the cars by Michonne, Maggie, Glenn and Carol.

"I swore I passed on that seconded squirrel at dinner," I attempted to joke but no one was laughing. I saw a stern grimace pass all of their faces.

"Where's Daryl?" I finally asked as I was situated in the truck of the Hyundai after they had thrown the backseats down making it flat. Glenn looked at me with worry and guilt filling his face. "If he's dead, I won't hate you Glenn. I promise."

He just nodded which didn't relieve the pain in my chest, it only constricted it more. They loaded up the front seats. Glenn, Hershel, and Maggie and we were off. I couldn't see a single thing from my vantage point and everyone was dead quite up front. I wanted to know what was going on; where we were headed at least.

"Ah!" I cried out as my body began to shake. Everyone turned around to look at my and Maggie jumped back and attempted to hold my head.

"No, just let it ride out. Her body is attempting to combat the pain on its own." The 'seizure' if that's what you wanted to call it last maybe two minutes and when it was all over I simply lied in Maggie lap and stared up at the ceiling.

"I'm going to die and that's okay."

"Shush, now. Don't say things like that," Maggie brushed my hair out of my eyes. It had gone everywhere during my seizure.

"I told Daryl I love him. So it doesn't really matter does it?"

Maggie just smiled at me, "No, sweetheart, it doesn't."

The car stopped. We were here, wherever here was.