‹ Prequel: That's Hockey, Baby

I Won't Give Up

Mine

"Mrs. Kane, breakfast is ready."

I giggled as I got out of bed and tossed on one of Pats oversized sweaters.

"I don't think I'll ever get tired of hearing that." I sat down at the kitchen table as he slid me a plate of eggs and toast towards me.

"I'll never get tired of saying it." He smirked as he took a seat next to me with his own plate of food.

"Whats your plans for today?" He asked as he played with the ring on my finger.

I looked at him with wide eyes, "we're going to the Palmer house and Gallery 1028 and the Odyssey to see where we want to have the wedding."

"Chill bambi." he chuckled, "I remembered."

I rolled my eyes and laughed lightly before clearing the table. I did the dishes and got dressed into This.

"Mr Kane, and Ms. Watson, it's a pleasure to meet you both, I'm Kate and I will be your guide today." An older brunette woman greeted as me and Patrick got to our third stop, the Hilton. So far, I couldn't tell which venue Patrick preferred, he seemed bored at all of them.

"Nice to meet you." I smiled politely as I followed her into the banquet room.

Kate showed us around the room, which was set up to look like a wedding was going to happen at any second.

"What colors do you like Mr. Kane?" Katie asked Patrick.

I was busy studying the flowers on one of the tables, but when I heard Kate clear her throat, I realized Patrick was probably spacing out….again.

Exasperated, I spun on my heel to face him and scowled when I found him studying his iPod.

“Will you at least pretend to be interested?” I said, snatching the device from his hands.

“Seriously, the guests aren't going to care whether we go with a brown and pink color scheme or beige and pink. Let’s just pick one and be done.”

Dejected I rolled my eyes, “Look, if you don’t want to be here, just go. I’ll speak to you later.”

Knowing he’d done wrong his shoulders slumped in defeat and he dully followed me across the store as I followed Kate, apologizing for his behavior.

"I'm sorry." I felt his hot breath near my ear.

"Can you just pretend to care?" I whispered, not wanting Kate to think we weren't paying attention again.

“I do care, it’s just that we’ve spent the better part of the afternoon looking for something for people who won't give two shits about what color we go with."

“But I care, I want this to be perfect. Humor me okay. Don't you want our wedding to be perfect?"

"I'm marrying a perfect girl, that's all I care about, we can elope and go to Vegas for all I care, as long as you're with me, I'm happy." He shrugged.

"Don't get any ideas. I'm pretty sure you'd get disowned by your family if we eloped." I smiled.

"Aw come on, there's a romantic side in eloping." He smirked as he leaned in for a kiss.

"For other people maybe, not for us." I smiled before turning my attention back to Kate, who was explaining the types of flower arrangements that were available to us.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sort of a slow start, but I promised I'd upload the first chapter by tonight, so here it is:)