‹ Prequel: That's Hockey, Baby

I Won't Give Up

I love you

_________

"And now, their first post engagement interview, please welcome back Patrick Kane and his fiancé, Ella Watson!"

I smiled and waved to the audience with my free hand as we walked on stage. The tv personality gave us quick hugs hello and motioned for us to sit down.

"Ella, everyone is talking, is your ring really as gorgeous as all the rumors say?"

I smiled and reached my hand to the interviewer, "See for yourself."

The camera man did a close up on my hand so the audience and people watching at home could also see the ring.

"Well folks, there you have it." the reporter smiled, dropping my hand, "Ella, how did you father feel about you and one of his teammates dating?"

Patrick squeezed my hand for support, "He always loved Patrick and before he passed, he told me he gave Patrick his permission to marry me if the day ever came."

"Rest in Peace to Roger, he was a great man. Warmest regards." The reporter smiled.

"He was, thank you."

"Uh huh, so have you two set a date or location yet?"

Patrick glanced at me before laughing, "She's been dragging me to all these crazy places to find somewhere to have it, so we're still deciding. As for a date, sometime in June, that way season will be done and we'll have time for our honey moon."

"What about kids?"

Now it was my turn to laugh, "I don't think either one of us is ready right now to be a mom or dad. Pat's career is in full swing as is mine, kids are definitely in the future, just not for a while."

"Did you pick out your wedding party yet? June is coming faster then you'd expect, it's already almost October."

"It's definitely coming fast, we can't wait. My bridesmaids are Patricks sisters, and some of his teammates wifes or girlfriends who I've gotten extremely close to. Abby Sharp is my maid of honor."

"And your groomsmen?"

"Sharpy is my best man, even though that gave him an even bigger ego. Jon is one of my guys same with a couple other guys on the team."

The interviewer fired a few more questions at us before the show was over. She thanked us and we were free to go.

"So when did you realize you liked me?" Patrick smirked at me as our waiter placed our food on the table.

"You're so cocky" I smiled, "hmmmm but if you must know I realized I loved you on New Years eve, when I kissed Jon."

"Was he that bad of a kisser?"

I laughed, "No, he was a fine kisser, it's just that it took kissing him to make me realize that I should be kissing someone else."

"Interesting." Patrick nodded as he stuffed a spoonful of noodles in his mouth.

I rolled my eyes, "What about you, when'd you know?"

"You know I always thought you were hot."

"And I thought you were attractive too, that doesn't answer my question." I said as I played with my food.

"How could you not?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me. I laughed and nudged his shoulder from across the table.

"I told you." I fake pouted.

"Don't hate me, but I honestly don't remember when."

I frowned at him from across the table.

"But" He said, noticing my frown and reaching my hands, "Remember when we were out to lunch, and I was asking you if you were ever in love?"

I nodded.

"And how I told you how it would feel to be in love?"

I nodded again.

"I knew how it felt to be in love because that's how I felt about you."

I smiled, satisfied with his answer, "I said I didn't know the feeling. That must've been a shitty feeling for you."

"Ripped my heart out right then and there." He admitted dramatically

I laughed and squeezed his hands, "I only did it so I didn't boost your already enormous ego, I knew the feeling, and I knew you were talking about me."

"Okay, now who has the big ego?"

"Still you." I smirked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Almost 130 subscribers within the first day of posting, you guys seriously are the greatest, can't thank ya enough for reading this! :)