Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Fifteen

~Landon's POV~
"Hey Landon, you got a phone call," Daniel said. I was checking the customer's food and looked up.
"Who is it?" I asked.
"Brian," Daniel frowned a little. I quickly grabbed the phone and ran away from the kitchen, to the back of the restaurant.
"Brian? What's wrong?" I asked. I heard Buster barking so loudly on the other end, and Anthony was cussing.
"Landon! Kaiser's gone! He's not home! I don't know where he's at! I tried going over to his little girlfriend's house, but she's gone too! I don't know what to do!" Brian was crying, which rarely happened. I felt my entire body go numb, and nothing else in the world mattered other than finding Kaiser, and making sure he was okay.
"I'm gonna call the cops!" Anthony shouted.
"I'll be right there!" I said, before hanging up. I grabbed my jacket and ran out of the kitchen. Daniel grabbed my arm right before I got out.
"What's wrong?" He asked.
"Kaiser's gone," I said. Daniel didn't say anything else, and neither did I. The both of us got in my car and drove home. I was lucky a cop didn't pull me over. I practically jumped out of my car when I got home, and Brian and Anthony were out on the front yard.
"Where are the cops?!" I asked.
"On their way," Brian and I hugged each other tightly, "I'm so sorry, Landon," he cried.
"It's not your fault," I said. I couldn't feel any emotions other than worry. Buster kept barking in the window.
"What's wrong with Buster?" Daniel asked.
"He hasn't stopped barking since we called you. He tried busting down the door when we came out, so we kept him inside," Anthony said.
"You fucking pieces of shit!" All of us turned around and saw a man stumble into my yard. It must have been Haley's father.
"Excuse me?!" Brian said, his tears of sadness were obviously gone. The man got two inches from my face and started shouting:
"Your troubled son ran off with my daughter! You damn stoner punks! If he hurt my daughter, you better believe I will kill you!"
"Dude, calm down," Anthony said.
"You better watch yourself," Brian said. Suddenly, I felt his big fist slam into the side of my face, knocking me on the ground. Daniel grabbed him by his arms and kept him down while Brian and Anthony got me up.
"Are you alright?!" Anthony asked. I nodded and rubbed my cheek. Buster kept barking louder.
"Brian, let Buster out," I said.
"Are you sure?" He asked.
"Yes. He knows where they are. I'll follow him and you can just tell the police where we went," I explained. Brian nodded slowly and the door practically flew open as Buster ran out. Buster started running down the street, and I followed after him. Brian, Anthony and Daniel stayed at the house, waiting for the police, while I chased my dog.

~Kaiser's POV~
Haley and I were lost. I had no idea where we were, and I was so scared. After we left the street, we left another street, and eventually we were on another street. I was scared. Haley wasn't, but I was. We were at some park, but it was only us there. It was so cold. Haley and I were sitting on the swings, but I wasn't swinging. I just kept shivering. I missed Landon. I missed Brian, and Anthony, and Shaun and Nick and Buster and Daniel. I missed everyone. I missed my house. I didn't want to be here.
"Kaiser? What's wrong?" Haley asked as she stopped swinging.
"I just... wanna go home..." I said.
"But we ran away," She said.
"No YOU ran away," I stood up and frowned, "I just came with you."
"But... we're friends..." She said.
"I know, but I don't like this..." I said. We both looked up when we heard a lot of police car noises. Then I started to hear a dog barking. It sounded just like Buster.

~Landon's POV~
Buster and I had ran for about a mile, and he slowed down and started sniffing at the entrance to the old park. I caught my breath for a second, then I saw Kaiser running over to us. Buster and I ran over to him, and he jumped in my arms and I squeezed him tightly in mine.
"Kaiser..." I felt tears stream down my face as I kissed his head numerous times.
"Landon! I'm so sorry!" He was crying, too. I looked at him in the eyes.
"Kaiser, why did you leave? Why didn't you tell Brian or Anthony you were leaving? They would have took you guys to the park if you wanted to go there. Why Kaiser?" I asked. Kaiser pointed over to Haley, who was sitting on a swing, then looked back at me.
"She wanted to run away," He said, "I didn't want her going alone." I was so proud of Kaiser for being loyal to his girl, but I was still upset.
"Don't you ever run away again. Do you hear me?" I asked. To my surprise, Kaiser started crying and nodded.
"I don't wanna run away! I wanted to stay home...," Kaiser hugged me tightly and cried in my chest, "Pwease let me come back, broder..."
"Of course you can, you little turd," I smiled, wiped tears from my eyes and hugged him tightly. While I held Kaiser, I walked over to Haley. Buster was sitting beside her as she pet him. I bent down on one knee and rubbed Haley's shoulder.
"Haley. Tell me why you ran away today," I said.
"No. I'll get in trouble," she said.
"No you won't. I promise. You can tell me, and I promise you won't get hurt," I said. Haley looked over at Kaiser, and he nodded slowly, then she looked back at me.
"My Daddy hurts me. And he takes pictures. And I don't wanna go back!" She said. I felt my body get numb again, and the amount of hatred I had for scumbag fathers just increased.
"Alright. C'mon," I said.
"I'm not going home!" She said.
"You're not going back home. You're going to be safe, I promise," I said. I picked Haley up in my other arm, and she eventually fell asleep. I was on the way back home, walking with my dog and two sleeping toddlers in my arms, and when the police finally caught up with me, I told them everything Haley told me.
"I won't let her back in that house," I told them.