Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Fourteen

I've been thinking about Haley for a long time. I couldn't really think about anything else. When Landon dropped me off at school the next day, I walked into the classroom. Haley was the only one in there, along with Mr. Jason. Landon said I would be getting to school super early because he had to work, but I didn't mind. I walked over to Haley and sat down in my desk in front of her.
"A-Are you okay?" I whispered. Haley nodded slowly as she looked up at me. Her eye was covered up with make-up. My Dad use to do the same thing to my bruises. I slid my chair beside her and whispered.
"No... you're not okay..." I said. I gently touched her eye and she flinched.
"I wanna run away, Kaiser..." She said. I got really scared. I didn't like Haley when she talked like this.
"You can't run away... You're only five... You need someone to take care of you..."
"I take care of me..."
"What happened?" I asked, holding her hands tight.
"My Dad.. he..," Haley looked down and started to cry, "He hits me..." I felt my body get cold. I closed my eyes and saw a picture of my Dad.
"Run away with me, Kaiser..." Haley said. I opened my eyes slowly and just looked at her.
"Wh-What?" I asked.
"Run away... with me..." She said.
"I... I can't..." I said. Haley started crying again, and she wouldn't talk to me for the rest of the day. I think I made her mad or something, and I didn't like it. I wanted to help her.

~*~*~*~
"Haley!" I said. She was sitting on her front porch alone, and after I looked both ways I ran over to her house. The weather was cloudy and getting very cold.
"What?" She said.
"I'll... I'll help you run away. Okay? Just please be my friend again..." I frowned, shivered and kept my head down.
"Let's go now," she stood up and hugged me tightly.
"I just gotta be back... before dark... So Landon doesn't think I ran away too..." I said.
"Okay," Haley smiled, "I'm only running away for a little while..." I smiled and nodded. As Haley started walking down the street, I looked back at my new house. Brian and Anthony were inside, but they were asleep. They told me to wake them up if I wanted to play outside, but I didn't. I felt so bad already.
"Only for a little while... Right?" I asked, catching up to Haley. She nodded and smiled. I didn't smile back, but I nodded, and we started to run. I felt like a bad child.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda short, but the next one will be longer c: