Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Eighteen

~Landon's POV~

"Yeah, do you think you can?" I asked, on the phone with Edgar, another great friend from work.
"Sure! I love little kids! But I have to be at work at 4 today. Will there be someone there to watch him when I leave?" He asked.
"Yeah. I'll be home by 3:30, at the latest. I'll let Daniel know," I said.
"Cool! Alright, I'll watch Kaiser. I'll be there soon, just let me get dressed."
"Thank you dude. Finding a babysitter has been a little hard because Nick is on vacation with his girlfriend, and Brian is back at home with Jason."
"No problem! I'll see you later!"
"Alright. See ya," and with that, I hung up the phone. I made my way up to Kaiser's bedroom and quietly opened the door. He was sleeping under all of his blankets, and Buster was right beside him. Buster looked up as I wrapped Kaiser up in my hands and held him tightly.
"C'mon downstairs, boy," I whispered. Buster stretched, yawned and trotted downstairs. I grabbed the rest of Kaiser's blankets and his pillows and walked downstairs myself. Since no one was sleeping on my couches, he could lay on those.
"B-Broder..?" Kaiser slowly opened his eyes.
"I'm just taking you to sleep on the couch, little bro," I whispered.
"Why?"
"Because Edgar will be watching you today, since you're not going to school," I smiled.
"No school?," Kaiser smiled tiredly, and snuggled in my chest, "Okie dokie." I smiled softly as my brother dozed back off into sleep. I made Kaiser's bed on the big couch and laid him down. When I was done, Buster jumped up and snuggled beside him. I wasn't sending Kaiser to school today because I felt he needed a day off. And I was going to talk to them before I went into work. I walked back into the kitchen and started making breakfast. After about an hour, I had finished breakfast, which consisted of cinnamon rolls, biscuits and gravy, and some eggs.

~Kaiser's POV~

I woke up to Buster jumping off of me. I snuggled back into the blankets and covered my face with my blanket. I was in the living room because Landon moved me here while I was still sleeping. I forgot why. I pulled the blankets off and heard Landon in the kitchen talking to someone. I smelled food. I got off the couch slowly and walked into the kitchen, and Landon looked down at me.
"Goodmorning, messy hair," he smiled. I stuck my tongue out and looked at the new guy. He smiled down at me and waved his hand.
"Heya Kaiser, I'm Edgar," he held his hand out, "Gimmie five?" I smiled and giggled and slapped his hand. Edgar had short black hair, but it wasn't messy looking like Landon's. The two of them were eating food, and Buster was eating from his bowl.
"You hungry?" Landon asked as he picked me up. I nodded. He smiled and sat me down in the chair next to him. He gave me some chocolate milk, then a plate full of cinnamon rolls and biscuits and gravy. I ate quietly as Landon and Edgar talked.
"So why isn't he going to school today?" Edgar asked.
"Because I'm going to talk to the people today," Landon ruffled my hair, "And he deserves a little break because he's awesome." Edgar smiled, and I smiled too before I finished my first cinnamon roll.
"I gotta get going," Landon said as he stood up. He put his jacket on and grabbed his car keys, "You behave for Edgar, okay? He's a real good friend of mine."
"I promise!," I smiled and sipped my chocolate milk. Edgar chuckled and smiled.
"Good. I'll be back later, alright? See you guys later," Landon waved and then he left, locking the front door. I looked over at Edgar, and he did the same to me.
"I heard you like Digimon and Pokemon?" He smiled.
"I love it!" I said.
"I know a place on tv where you can watch any episode you want of either one!" Edgar said. My eyes got huge, and my mouth smiled.
"Where?!" I asked.
"C'mon, I'll show you!" he said. I nodded, hurried and finished my food, and followed Edgar into the living room. I sat beside him on the couch as he got on Landon's game system. He went to something called "Netflix" and he showed me all the Digimon and Pokemon episodes on there.
"Which one you wanna watch?" He asked. Buster jumped up on the couch and snuggled in our laps as I tried to figure out what to watch.
"Can we watch Pokemon now, then Digimon?" I asked. Edgar smiled, nodded and turned Pokemon on. After a long time of watching Pokemon, the three of us pretty soon fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Does anyone still read this? O.O