Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Nineteen

Landon stopped in front of the school and turned the car off. I unbuckled my seat belt and looked at Landon. He looked sad. He kept looking at me in the top mirror of the car.
“Br-Broder,” I held tight on my lunchbox, “Wh-What’s the matter..?” Landon’s eyes got watery, and when he closed them, a few tears ran down his face. My eyes got wide, I never remember seeing Landon cry before.
“I don’t like taking you to a place where you get bullied, Kaiser,” Landon quickly wiped his eyes and looked away from me.
“What’s bull..ied…?” I asked.
“Those little fuckers messing with you. What they’ve been doing to you,” Landon said. I covered my mouth as Landon used a bad word. He looked over at me, covered his own mouth and shook his head. “I’m sorry, kid. I’m just upset, that’s all,” He said.
“I’ll be tough, broder. I’ll be tough for you,” I smiled. Landon looked back at me and smiled, then he picked me up from the back seat and held me on one arm as we walked into school. We got there early, but I didn’t care. When he got into Mr. Jason’s class, he was talking on the phone. I leaned against Landon’s shoulder as the both of us listened to Mr. Jason.
“Your student is a disrespectful individual, ma’am! She obviously learns it at home, because her brother is the same exact way! She causes problems for every other student in my class and she never gets any work done! This is WHY she is switching into the remedial kindergarten class, because she obviously needs some extra attention that I am not giving her! If you want to talk to someone else in charge, please come by and talk to our principal. Thank you!” Mr. Jason then slammed the phone on the desk, making Landon and I both flinch.
“…Sir?” Landon whispered. Mr. Jason looked over at us and his face got red.
“I’m so sorry. I hope you all didn’t hear too much of what I just said,” he rubbed his hair with his hands.
“Kind of heard all of it,” Landon chuckled and stepped more inside of the classroom. Mr. Jason got redder in the face, then he turned away. Landon laid me down on the floor, and I went and put my backpack over my chair and sat at my desk. I saw Haley’s name tag was gone, and there was a new one on there. The name read “Jarred” and I got sad. I didn’t want “Jarred” because I wanted “Haley.” I turned around when I saw Mr. Jason and Landon walk over to me. Mr. Jason bent down in front of me and laid his hand on my shoulder.
“Kaiser. I have some news to tell you,” He said.
“What is it?” I asked.
“I know what Sam did to you. And she’s not going to be in this class anymore,” Mr. Jason smiled, “And we’re getting two new students. Their names are Jarred and Alex. I know what a good student you are, so I’d like for you to try to make them feel at home here, alright?”
“Yes sir,” I smiled.
“Good. And remember,” Mr. Jason looked up at Landon, then back at me, “If anyone ever bothers you, don’t be afraid to tell me. I won’t tolerate that in my classroom. Alright?”
“Y-Yes sir,” I nodded slowly. After Mr. Jason stood back up and smiled, Landon picked me up and kissed my head.
“I gotta go to work buddy. I’ll pick you up later, alright?”
“Okay,” I smiled and kissed Landon’s cheek. He ruffled my hair, smiled, and sat me back in my seat. After Landon left, Mr. Jason went back to his desk and started doing stuff. I stayed at my desk and looked through my Digimon coloring book that Edgar had bought for me. Pretty soon, the kids in the class started to get there.
“Hey Kaiser!” Henry ran over to me and sat down beside me. We slapped hands and smiled. Pretty soon, everyone was in class. Except for Jarred and Alex. After school finally started, Mr. Jason got the class quiet.
“We have two new students joining our class today! They aren’t here yet, it seems, but when they get here, I would like all of you to welcome them in like family. Don’t be mean. Show them how things work around here, alright?”
“Yes, Mr. Jason!” The class said. After we started working in our spelling books, a boy walked into the classroom. He had short, dark blond hair, and he had on a Digimon shirt with blue jean shorts and the same Pokemon shoes as I did.
“Hey kids, look up for a moment, please,” Mr. Jason said. The rest of the class stopped working and looked up and stared at the new kid. “This is Jarred, and he’s one of our new students,” Mr. Jason walked him over to the seat in front of mine, “Jarred. This is Kaiser, Lacey and Henry. They’re going to be the kids in your group.”
“H-Hi…” Jarred whispered.
“Hi Jarred!” Lacey smiled. Henry smiled and waved at him. Jarred smiled, put his backpack on the back of his chair and sat down. A few seconds after he got there, a girl walked in the room. She was bigger than the rest of us, and she had on a white kitty cat shirt with blue jeans on and pink shoes.
“This is our other new student, class! This is Alex,” Mr. Jason smiled and walked her over to Sam’s old seat. I didn’t pay much attention because she was across the classroom, so I kept working in my spelling book instead.
“C-Can we b-be fr-friends…?” Jarred asked as he poked my hand. I looked up at him, nodded and smiled.
“Yeah,” I held my hand up, “My name is Kaiser.”
“My name is Jarred,” he smiled and slapped my hand. I moved my chair closer to Jarred’s desk and I helped him with his spelling. Then later with his numbers in Math. I didn’t think about Haley at all today.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please tell me why you guys still like this xD