Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Six

I have been sick for so many days. I lost count after five. I didn't even think I could count to five. I felt bad because everybody kept making sure I was okay. When I lived with Dad, he never did that. I felt like I bothered them. Buster never left my room, unless he wanted to eat or go to the bathroom, but he was always in the same room as me. Landon said it was because he's loyal to me. After a lot of days, I began to feel better. I was sitting on my bed, watching Digimon on my TV, drinking juice and petting Buster when Landon walked in.
“Hey little dude, you feeling better?” He asked.
“Yes,” I smiled. He returned the smile and put the thermometer in my mouth. After the “beep” sound went off, he took it back.
“Your fever is finally down, that's great,” He ruffled my hair.
“So am I better?” I asked.
“Yeah. It took you awhile, but I think you got over your flu,” Landon smiled. I smiled and jumped into Landon's arms, hugging his neck tightly.
“Thank you, broder,” I said.
“You're welcome,” He kissed my head and smiled, “You think you're feeling good enough to go shopping?”
“What's 'shopping'?” I asked.
“Shopping, ya know. Buying things that you need,” Landon walked down the hallway and into the bathroom and sat me on the sink while he filled up the bathtub.
“What do I need?”
“We need to buy you more clothes, and stuff for school,” he turned off the water and smiled.
“I don't wanna go to school,” I stuck my tongue out, “Or take a bath.”
“Well, you're going to school soon,” Landon took off the shirt he gave me to sleep in, “And you're taking a bath because you haven't in forever.” After I took my other clothes off, I got in the bathtub and started washing myself.
“Why do I need school, though?”
“So you can learn things and make friends,” Landon rubbed shampoo in my hair, “Do you wanna be stupid like me? Or smart like Shaun?”
“You are both smart,” I smiled.
“Thanks. But he's a lot smarter than I am,” I closed my eyes as he poured water over my hair, “By the way, you need a hair cut.”
“No I don't!”
“Your bangs cover your eyes, dude!”
“I like my hair!”
“I won't force you to cut it,” Landon laughed, “I'll go get your clothes while you dry yourself off, alright?” I nodded and did that. After I got dressed and got my shoes on, Landon and I left.
“Why do I sit in the backseat?” I asked as Landon drove.
“So you can be safe,” He said.
“But I wanna sit in front with you,” I frowned. Landon smiled and chuckled.
“Well, when your older you can, alright?”
“Oh okay,” I smiled. Landon and I listened to the radio as he drove. I had no idea where we were going. After a little while, Landon stopped driving and turned the car off.
“We're here,” he said.
“Where are we at?” I looked out of the window, and saw a giant building.
“The mall. You need clothes and school stuff,” Landon took me out of the car and I held his hand as we walked, “And Kris gave me money to buy this for you.”
“Where do we go first?” I asked as we got into the store. Landon looked around for awhile before talking. There were a lot of people in this store, and I mean a lot. It looked crazy.
“I've never done this before,” he looked a little scared, “Oh god.”

~*~*~*~*~

Shopping with Landon was so funny, and fun. But mostly funny. We were walking around forever to look for clothes that fit me, before a nice lady told him that he wasn't in the kid section of the store. When she took him to the little boy section, I found some awesome shirts. Landon bought me three Pokemon shirts, three Digimon shirts, a few Yugioh and Sonic the Hedgehog shirts, and five pairs of jeans and shorts. I had to find the smallest shirts and jeans they had, because Landon said I was so skinny. He kept asking if I wanted more, and I kept saying no, but he kept buying me more. I've never had so many clothes in my life. After he finally decided I had enough clothes, we went over to the school section. Landon bought me a Digimon backpack, a lot of Pokemon folders, pencils and paper and crayons and anything I would ever need for school. I think Landon bought me to much, but he said that Kindergarten was a big thing during school. He said naps were the best thing. After we were done shopping, we left the store.
“Are we going home now?” I asked.
“I was going to take you to my work, actually,” Landon smiled as he put my seat belt on, “I mean, if you wanted to.”
“Yes!” I said.
“You'll get to meet my friends,” He put his seat belt on and started the car.
“Are they nice?” I asked.
“They're very nice, and they've been wanting to meet you. I told them all about you,” He smiled as he drove away from the store. I smiled back. We listened to the radio again while he drove, and after awhile he stopped the car again.
“Are we here?” I asked.
“Yup,” Landon turned the car off, got me out and I looked around. The building said “Chili's” and people were going in and coming out of the front doors.
“What's this place?” I asked. Landon held me in one of his arms and smiled.
“I work here. It's a restaurant. We're getting some food here, too.”
“I'm hungry!” I smiled.
“Good, I'm hungry too,” He opened the front doors and the people at the front smiled at us. I saw this big guy, his black hair was spiked at the front like Nick's, and he wore glasses.
“What's up, Landon?! How're you doing?” He said. Landon and the guy slapped hands and smiled.
“Hey Daniel, what's up? This is my little brother I told you about, Kaiser,” he said. Daniel smiled and held his hand out.
“Gimmie five, little man?” He said. I smiled and slapped his hand.
Daniel smiled, “I like this kid!” I smiled and jumped in Daniel's arms. He held me in one arm and I slapped his hand a few more times. A few other people came up to Landon and started talking to him. Daniel was very nice and I liked him right away.
“Is this your little brother?” One of the guys asked.
“Yup, that's Kaiser,” Landon smiled.
“Heya little one,” the other one said. I smiled and slapped his hand too. They both had dark skin. One of them had glasses, while the other didn't.
“Kaiser, this is Brian,” he pointed to the one with glasses, “And Anthony,” he pointed to the younger one. I smiled at them and slapped their hands.
“He looks just like you, Landon!” Anthony said as he tickled me.
“Yeah, he needs a haircut!” Brian said. I stuck my tongue out, and they all laughed. Landon talked to them for a while longer before we got a table and ordered food. It was really fun to be able to eat with Landon and meet all his friends. I was so happy to have people who liked me and thought I was cool. I felt like the luckiest kid in the world.

~Landon's POV~

“Did he fall asleep?” Anthony asked as he brought me the check.
“Yeah, I guess he was tired,” I smiled and rubbed his shoulder, “He's had a long day.”
“You're a great brother, man. It's amazing,” he said. The both of us looked down at Kaiser, who was sleeping with his head on my lap. I've explained to everyone here what Kaiser's been through and what I'm doing for him. Daniel was nice enough to change my schedule and make it flexible so I would be able to take care of Kaiser when Nick and Shaun were at work. I remember the night when Kris called me and told me everything that was happening. I remember I started to cry because of everything that he had been through, and everyone here was so supportive and accepting. They knew about my past, and they're like my second family.
“Too much activity for him, huh?” Daniel asked as he walked up.
“Yeah he's exhausted. I better get him home,” I said. I gave Anthony his check and picked Kaiser up, and he slept peacefully over my shoulder.
“Are you doing alright yourself?” Daniel always cared about his employees, and he treated all of us like a family.
“Yeah. I guess I feel guilty about everything, though,” I looked over at Kaiser.
“I got ya, I understand. He's a great kid. Did the guy do that to his arm?”
“Yeah,” I frowned, “And every other bruise on his body. I wish I could have helped him sooner.”
“Don't be hard on yourself,” Daniel squeezed my shoulder, “You're giving him the best of life right now. He loves you so much, and you're a great brother.”
“Thanks,” I smiled and chuckled, “But I have no idea what I'm doing.” Daniel laughed.
“Taking care of a kid is tough, but I think you're doing a pretty great job so far.” That made me feel great. Daniel was a father of two kids, so hearing that really made me feel good.
“Thank you so much,” I smiled as he shook hands.
“No problem! Thanks for letting me meet the little guy, he's awesome,” he said.
“He likes you too. He kept saying how cool you are,” I laughed.
“I am pretty amazing,” He smiled.
“I know this is tough to ask but,” I rubbed my neck, “If I ever need any help, can I come to you? You're the only guy I know who's a father, a great one, and I'd love to get some advice and stuff. If it's alright, you know.”
“Of course, man,” Daniel smiled, “I'll always be here for you. I always have.”
“You're the greatest,” I smiled, “Thank you so much.”
“Anytime!”
“I better get him home, he's exhausted from shopping and eating all day,” We looked over at Kaiser. He still slept peacefully.
“He's such a cool little kid! But yeah, you work tomorrow right?” Daniel asked as we walked out.
“Yeah, I come in at 12.”
“Alright, I'll see ya tomorrow then.”
“Have a great nice man,” Daniel and I shook hands one more time, “And thank you for everything.”
“No prob! See you tomorrow,” Daniel smiled and waved us off before going back inside. I put Kaiser's seat belt on and drove off. I had so much support now, and it was a great feeling.