Status: I wanted to rewrite a story I had a while back. Some things have changed. And comments would be nice xD

My New Life

Chapter Seven

I was outside with Buster when I first saw the big moving truck across the street. Landon, Nick and Shaun were all at work, so Anthony was inside. He let me go in the front yard with Buster, but he told me to stay in the front yard only. I was playing fetch with Buster when I saw the truck.
“Do you think the new family will have a lot of people?” I asked Buster. He tilted his head, which meant he didn't know. I sat on the ground with Buster, while he chewed on the stick, and watched all of the people. There were big guys in orange and white outfits moving boxes into the house while a gray van pulled up next. Buster and I watched as the family came out of the van. First it was a big guy with short hair. Next was a tall lady with long brown hair in a ponytail. The lady opened up one of the back doors and pulled a little baby out. The other back door opened and a young girl hopped out. She looked about my age, and she had brown hair that touched her shoulders. She was holding a Pikachu stuffed animal in her hands.
“Buster, she likes Pokemon!” I whispered loudly. Buster tilted his head again. We kept watching, and when the girl's family walked inside, she sat on her front porch alone. She looked over at Buster and I. I waved my hand, and she waved back.
“You can come over!” I shouted. She stayed there for awhile, just staring at me. I was afraid she couldn't hear me or something, but then she stood up and walked over here. Buster wagged his tail a lot but stayed laid down. She sat right beside me and smiled.
“I like your Pikachu,” I said.
“I like your Digimon shirt,” she said back.
“You like Digimon, too?”
“Yes, I love Pokemon and Digimon, but my favorite is Pokemon,” she smiled and hugged her Pikachu doll. Buster stood up and sat between us, and we both started petting him.
“I like your doggie, too. What's his name?”
“He's my broder's dog, but his name is Buster,” I smiled. The girl smiled and scratched his ears.
“What's your name?” I asked.
“Haley,” she looked up, “We just moved.”
“My name is Kaiser. How old are you?”
“I'm...,” Haley counted her fingers on her hand, “Five!”
“So am I!” I smiled. Buster barked and his tail wagged more.
“Why did you move?” I asked.
“My Mommy and Daddy said they got new jobs.”
“Are you sad?”
“A little. I miss my friends,” she frowned, “But I didn't have many friends anyway.”
“I don't have many friends, either,” I frowned and looked at my arm cast.
“How come? And why is your arm in that thing?” She pointed to the cast.
“I don't know. My broder is my friend, though. And my arm is broke, that's why,” I pulled it up to show her.
“Can I write on it?” She pulled a marker out of her pocket.
“Um, sure,” I nodded. Haley leaned over and wrote her name on it with a smiley face.
“Thanks! Will you be my friend?” She asked.
“Sure!” I smiled. Buster barked and licked Haley's cheek, making her giggle. Suddenly, the front door opened.
“Kaiser! Time to come inside! You gotta get ready!” Anthony shouted.
“Okay!,” I frowned and stood up, “I gotta go.”
“How come?” Haley asked. She stayed down and pet Buster.
“Because I have to go to my new school today to meet my teacher.”
“Maybe we'll be in the same class? I have to go meet my new teacher soon, too, once the moving people get all of our stuff in our new house,” Haley stood up and smiled.
“Cool! Maybe we'll see each other,” I looked back at the front door, “But I gotta go now. I'll see you later!” I turned around and ran to the door. Buster followed me, and before I went inside I waved bye to Haley. She waved back, walked back to her house and disappeared inside. I looked down at my arm cast and smiled at her name, then I went inside. Buster ran in the kitchen, and Anthony was on the couch smoking. The weird smell was back, and his eyes were red. Landon said he always smoked.
“Is that your girlfriend?” Anthony smiled.
“Nuh uh! She's just a friend!” I stuck my tongue out.
“That's what they all say!” Anthony laughed.
“B-Be quiet!” My face got a little hot. Anthony stood up and ruffled my hair.
“No worries, dude. I won't tell anybody. But I made you some lunch, so hurry up and eat it. Daniel and Landon will be here soon.”
“Why is Daniel coming?”
“Because he knows what he's doing, and Landon is clueless. I'm not sure,” Anthony shrugged and went back to watching TV. I shrugged too and walked into the kitchen. Anthony laid a grilled cheese sandwich with chips on the table, and a cup of juice. I grabbed both of them, walked up to my room and ate upstairs. Buster followed me and I kept feeding him my chips. I kept looking at my arm cast and at Haley's name. She was the very first friend I ever had, and she liked Pokemon too. She was super nice, too. I hoped she was in my class with me.
“I'm nervous for school,” I whispered to Buster as I rubbed his head. His ears drooped and he licked my cheek. I giggled.
“I hope I don't get made fun of or anything,” I said. Buster ate a few more of my chips. I ate slowly and ignored the voices downstairs when I heard the door open. I heard Landon and Daniel talking to Anthony. I didn't want to go to school.
“Shh!” I told Buster as I hid under my bed. Buster jumped on my bed and ate the rest of my food. I stayed quiet as I heard Landon come upstairs.
“Kaiser? Are you ready?” He asked. I stayed under my bed.
“Buster? Why did you eat his food? And where is Kaiser, boy?” Landon rubbed Buster's head. He barked and laid on my bed. Landon bent down and smiled when he saw me.
“I don't wanna go,” I said.
“You have to go, though.”
“Why?”
“Because you'll be smart and stuff,” He smiled.
“I don't care,” I said. Landon frowned and pushed himself under my bed with me. He laid beside me and smiled.
“Are you scared, bro?”
“Yes.”
“You shouldn't be. School is easy. You show up and you listen to the teacher. That's all.”
“What if I get made fun of?”
“If that happens, you tell the teacher.”
“What if someone punches me in the face?”
“If THAT happens, you punch them back.”
“But I'll get in trouble!”
“At school, probably. But you won't be in trouble here. If you ever need to defend yourself, I want you to.”
“Okay,” I crossed my arms, “But I don't wanna go.”
“It'll be okay, bro,” Landon rubbed my shoulder, “I promise.”
“Pinky promise?” I held my pinky out. Landon chuckled and hugged his pinky with mine.
“I pinky promise,” Landon smiled, “So you gonna come out now?”
“Yes,” I crawled back out from the bed. It took a little longer for Landon because he was so tall. When he was finally out he stretched.
“I can't do that everyday,” he popped his back and smiled.
“Oh hey, who wrote on your cast?” He looked at my arm and smiled.
“The girl across the street,” I smiled.
“Anthony said it was your girlfriend. Her name is Haley, huh?”
“She's not my girlfriend!”
“Suuuuuure,” Landon laughed, “If she ever wants to come over, though, that's fine with me. But come on, get your shoes on and change your shirt. You got dirt all over that one.” I nodded and slipped my shirt off. Landon opened my closet and threw one of my Pokemon shirts at me. I put it on, slipped my shoes on and smiled. Landon picked me up and we walked downstairs.
“Heya little bud!” Daniel said, holding his hand out. I giggled and slapped his hand again.
“Thanks for the help today, man,” Landon said.
“No problem,” Daniel smiled, “Better get going.”
“Alright. Anthony, you can chill here if you want, but smoke upstairs so the whole house doesn't smell,” Landon said. Anthony nodded and took a drink of his soda.
“Good luck, Kaiser!” He said. Buster came running down the stairs and barked as we left. After we got into the car, Landon and Daniel looked across the street.
“New people?” Daniel asked.
“Yeah, I think. Kaiser already met the little girl,” Landon pointed to Haley who was on the front porch again, playing with her Pikachu. Her parents were out with the moving people, helping them with boxes. As we started driving away, I waved at Haley. She smiled and waved back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? :D