Just Friends

15

"You look nervous." I pointed out as Erica slipped in some diamond earrings.

She glared at me, "Why aren't you?"

I shrugged, "I don't know honestly. You shouldn't be either."

"I am. What if his fans don't like me? What if the "WAGS" hate me? What if his mom hates me?"

"Stop worrying. You look great and Jon really likes you. We'll both be fine." I smiled encouragingly at my best friend through the mirror as I fixed my hair.

"Easy for you to say. You already know our family."

I rolled my eyes and practically pulled Erica out of our room and into the living room, where Pat and Jon were standing in tuxes waiting for us.

"You look wonderful, both of you." Jon smiled as he took Erica in his arms.

"I'm nervous." I could hear Erica whisper to him as I walked to Pat.

"You clean up well Mr. Kane." I smirked.

"I have to say the same." he smirked and leaned down for a soft kiss, "Ready to go?"

_________

"Patrick Kane accompanied by Peyton Perry!"

Cheers erupted everywhere as we walked on stage.

"500!"
"1000"
"1500!"
"2500!"
"4000!"
"8000!"

My head turned to the direction of the bidder.

"8000, going once….twice…sold to….Sienna Mayberry!"

I felt Pats grip on my arm tighten as we walked off stage.

"I thought she lived in Texas." I whisper hissed as we were off stage.

"She does I don't know why she's back. Don't worry." he assured as he rubbed the side of my arm, "It's not like its just gonna be me and her, you'll be there too."

"So she basically paid 8 grand to be a third wheel?" I raised my eyebrow at the craziness of the situation.

"Hey." he caught my cheek and massaged it with his thumb, "It's for a good cause. We won't even know she's there."

"That was so fun!" Erica squealed as she ran off stage, Jonathan a little ways behind him.

"You'll never believe who his date is." I said as Jon caught up. We were all standing in a huddle backstage.

"Who? Ours is this adorable little girl, oh god Pey she's the cutest thing on earth, is she not Jon?"

Jon nodded his head and chuckled, "She's pretty adorable."

"Sienna."

"Ew! No! Oh god Peyt that sucks I'm so sorry!" Erica widened her eyes in horror.

"Pat, why was your girlfriend bidding for a date with you and not walking the stage?" I turned my head to see who I recognized as Patrick Sharp, and his wife and little girl.

"She's not my girlfriend anymore." Patrick said, clenching his jaws, "This is Peyton, my girlfriend."

"I love your dress, I'm Abby and this is Madelyn." His wife smiled as she gave me a hug.

"Does he have you on drugs or something? You can tell me." Patrick Sharp pretended to whisper, just loud enough for Pat to hear, "I don't see why such a pretty girl would be going out with his ugly mug."

I giggled as Abby lightly slapped her husbands shoulder, "That's enough, stop torturing the poor kid. It was nice meeting you, I'll see you around!"

___________________

“Come dance with me Patty!”

I glared at Sienna. We went out for the dinner date, which wasn't as bad as I expected, but she insisted that we all go to a club afterwards. Pat agreed, saying she paid 8 grand just to hang out with him, might as well just go quick.

“Patrick,” I hissed as he started to pull away from me and towards Sienna.

“Just one dance!” He yelled as he started to fade into the crowd. “Just get a drink and wait for me at the bar!”

I realized that I was wasting my efforts because he was already gone. What a great time I am having already, I sarcastically thought to myself. I stomped over to the bar and sat down on a stool. I kept my eyes focused on the dace floor, scanning for Patrick, and I didn't even realize when someone sat down beside me.

“Looking for someone?”

I turned my attention to the person that spoke to me. “Oh my gosh! You're Gordon Beckham!"

He smiled as he shook my hand. “Don't get too excited. I hear Patrick Kane is roaming around here somewhere.”

“You don't say.” I muttered to myself.

“You are?” He asked as he leaned closer so he could hear my answer.

“Peyton,” I shifted in my chair and adjusted myself so that I was facing him.

“Can I buy you a drink?” He asked as he took out his wallet.

“Just a Coke.” I continued when he raised his eyebrows at me. “I don't drink. Someone has to be a designated driver for my boyfriend.”

He smirked at me as he took a sip of his own beer. “Man, I'm too late. You're already taken.” I smiled and thanked the waiter when he set a Coke down in front of me. “Now your boyfriend,” he shifted so that he was leaning in my direction. “He wouldn't mind if I stole just one dance, would he?”

I quickly scanned the crowd to see if Patrick was anywhere in sight. When I didn't see him, I grabbed Gordons hand and dragged him out into the crowd. If Patrick can have fun, why can't I?

“I think it'll be alright, as long as you can keep a secret.” I teased him. He laughed and nodded as he pulled me closer to him.

“I haven't seen you around here before,” he yelled as he moved me to avoid running into someone. “Do you live around here?”

“I live in New York, just here for the summer!” I yelled back as I tried to keep my dancing the least awkward that was possible.

“Maybe you should move back here! I bet its much funner here!" He smirked

“I'll consider it.” I laughed as the DJ changed the songs. I spotted Patrick and the Sienna dancing together. I felt myself stiffen as I watched them move closer to each other. Then closer, then closer....

"I gotta go!" I yelled over the music as I pushed my way through the crowd and out the front door. I made my way outside and sat on a nearby ledge.

Hey, I wasn't feeling well so I'm gonna go home. Don't worry about me, have fun with Jon. xox

“Hey, you ditched me.” I looked up from my phone to see a smiling Gordon. I watched as he slide down the wall next to me.

“I'm sorry,” I managed to get out, I brushed away a tear.

He gently started to rub my back. “It's okay. Hey, if it makes you feel any better,” He pulled my body so that I was forced to lean into him. “If I was in his position, I know who I would pick.” He paused for a minute before saying, “the other girl.”

I knew that he was just kidding around, trying to lighten the mood, but I was at a fragile time and let out a loud cry. “I didn't mean that, I didn't mean that.” He glanced around at the stares that I had earned us quickly before gently patting my head. “It would be you, no contest. I wouldn't have even danced with that chick”

“Thanks,” I sniffed as I rubbed my nose into his shirt.

“No problem,” he said, a slight look of disgust on his face. “Is there anything that I can do for you?” He asked as he helped me stand up.

“Actually,” I said as I tried to get my voice to become steady again. “There is.” He nodded and waited for me to continue. “Would you mind driving me to the airport?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Patrick Patrick Patrick.......

Btw Gordon Beckham plays for the Chicago White Sox, for anyone who was curious lol.

Do you guys hate me for a.) Bringing Sienna back b.) Pat kissing her or c.) Leaving it at a cliffhanger? Or all the above?! I'm sorry, I had too!

I'm sorry this took kinda long to update, I was having writers block but I'm back on track so it should be updated regularly now:)

Comments are alllwayyysssss welcome, and I really wanna know what you guys think of this one!