Just Friends

19

"You don't realize how much I've missed you." Pat smiled as we cuddled on the couch while Erica and Jon sat across from us.

"Yeah we've been stuck with his miserable ass, we need you here Peyt." Jon agreed as Pat through a pillow at him.

I giggled as Patrick squeezed my waist, signaling that he agreed with them. "It's present time!"

"Shouldn't they go home for this..?" Pat asked, motioning for Erica and Jon to go home.

I punched his shoulder,"They're staying."

"Yeah, otherwise you don't get our present either." Erica stuck her tongue out at her brother and followed me out of the room to get his presents.

"What if-"

"Don't even Peyton, he's gonna be so happy and you know that. Now come on," Erica pulled me out of the bedroom by my arm before I could doubt anything.

"This is heavy." Patrick observed as I handed him my gift. I rolled my eyes and urged him to open it.

"No way, Peyt this is great!" Patrick smiled as the baby huskie jumped up and licked Pats face, "Were his old owners northwestern fans or something?"

I laughed as I saw Erica roll her eyes at her brother, "No but possibly his new ones."

"Pey he's not gonna figure it out, might as well tell him." Jon chuckled.

"I transferred to Northwestern for my last semester!"

"Northwestern…like the one 20 minutes from here…in Chicago." Patrick said slowly, processing my words. I nodded and giggled.

"I was hoping the offer you made before I left during the summer was still valid..because I kinda didn't look for any apartments."

Instead of answering, Patrick practically jumped across the couch to kiss me. I giggled underneath him but quickly lost myself in the kiss.

"And that's our cue." I looked up to see Erica standing up with Jon.

"I'll call you tomorrow." I smiled sheepishly as Pat returned to kissing me and I heard the door shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
And that's that:) I'll probably throw in an epilogue soon but as for the story, it's finished!