Just Friends

05

"You look great." The familiar looking brunette smiled as we walked into Harry Carays steakhouse.

"You too." I smiled as we took our seats.

"You said Patrick was okay with this right?"

I rolled my eyes, "Patricks fine, he's not my babysitter."

"How do you know him?" Andrew asked curiously.

"Next door neighbors all our lives, and our families are really close."

"You and Erica seem really close." He pointed out as he dug into his spaghetti.

"She's like my sister." I nodded

We made comfortable small talk for a while, just basically getting to know each other.

"Well fancy seeing you here!"

I clenched my fists at my side when I turned around to see Patrick with some tiny blonde at his side. I glanced at Andrew apologetically.

"Here, uh.-"

"Tressa." The girl scoffed at Patrick as he pulled up a seat for her at our table before pulling one for himself.

"Look its like a double date, I didn't know you knew Peyton Shawzer." Patrick said as he made himself comfortable at our table, eating the leftover fries off my plate.

"We met last night." Andrew smiled, looking uncomfortable.

"What are you doing." I whisper-hissed to Patrick.

"What does it look like we're doing, we're having a double date! Cheer up Pey!" Patrick smirked.

I rolled my eyes and played with my food for the remainder of dinner, glancing up at Andrew and Tressa every so often; they seemed to really hit it off.

"Peyton, do you mind if we drop Tressa off too? She's scared of driving with Patrick again but she doesn't have the heart to tell him." Andrew whispered to me as we got ready to leave the restaurant.

I shrugged him off, "It's fine, I can get a ride from Pat though, don't worry about it."

"You sure? I had fun, see you around." Andrew kissed my cheek before following Tressa out like a lost puppy.

"You're driving me home." I said to Patrick as he came sauntering out of the mens room.

"Where'd……..she go?" Patrick asked, looking relieved.

"Her names Tressa for the 10th time tonight, and thanks to you, my date ditched me to drive her home." I glared at him.

Patrick just chuckled and walked out of the restaurant to his car.

"You lied." Patrick said as he started the car and began to drive.

"It's not your business who I want to go on a date with." I said.

"I told you no hockey players or team mates." he said, glancing to me.

"Well now you ruined that so you won't have to worry about it. I actually liked him."

"He's an idiot anyways." Patrick shrugged.

"Every boy I even come close to liking, you ruin." I said, thinking back to all the times Patrick would scare away the neighborhood boys whenever they tried to hang out with us.

"I wanna make sure you end up with someone good for you, its only because I care." he smirked as he took one hand off the wheel and dramatically placed it on his heart.

"We'll never know if they're good for me because you always ruin it before anything begins!" I said with annoyance.

It was true, now that I thought about it. I never had a boyfriend growing up, and it was all thanks to Patrick. He would scare them off, either by telling them he was my boyfriend or that I had herpes or was a bad kisser or that I was a lesbian.

"Pey, it's not a big deal. Andrew clearly wasn't interested anyways other wise he wouldn't have run off with Tessa."

"TRESSA!" I shouted, I was fuming now, "Just take me home."

"You wanna sit in a car with me for 2 days when I drive you back to New York?" He laughed, trying to make jokes.

I just ignored him and stared out of the window. As much as I loved him, I couldn't stand him at times. I just didn't understand some of the things he did.