Status: Completed

Decided to Break It

Echo

I’ve spent the last few days with Kevvy and they’ve been absolutely amazing. But I couldn’t get too close to him. I felt like I needed to tell Josh stuff before I could tell Kevvy. Josh earned that. Right now it was Saturday, around 6, and Kevvy and I were lying in my bed, looking at the ceiling. Music played in the background but neither one of us was paying attention to it. I smiled and turned to look at him. His blonde hair was everywhere and it made me laugh some. He looked over at me. “Yes, beautiful?” I grabbed his hand and nuzzled into his side a little. “Nothing at all.” I closed my eyes and breathed slowly. Kevvy had such a presence about him and I just wanted nothing more than to be by his side always. He kissed my forehead and played with my hair some. “We’ve got like, 2 hours til we gotta be at the show. What do you wanna do til then?” He asked quietly. Everyone was gonna meet at the bar early so we could get marked “underage” and eat for free. I wasn’t looking forward to that last part. I wanted to say ‘lay here’ so badly but I figured I’d bore him that way. “Anything. As long as it’s with you.” I looked up at him and he smiled, his brown eyes flashing with excitement. He bent down a little and placed his lips gently on mine and I kissed back softly. I couldn’t have asked for a better first kiss. Yes, first kiss ever.

When he pulled away, I didn’t want him to. But he just peered into my eyes and didn’t let go for a long time. But it wasn’t uncomfortable. I wish I knew how to express how this felt but words can’t describe it. I leaned up and kissed him again, this time getting up and straddling him. He sat up, me still on his lap and one hand on my back, and deepened the kiss. No, we weren’t together, but this sure as hell made me think we were. I pulled his hair a little and because of that, he started kissing and lightly biting my neck. Nothing like this has ever happened before and I couldn’t help but want it to go further. There never was a chance though. My door knob started shaking and Kevvy quickly stopped what he was doing and panic struck his face. “Calm down.” I whispered. If he freaked, I would and that wouldn’t be okay right now. I quickly got off of him and went and sat down on the chair across from the bed.

“Echo!” My dad yelled and then punched my door. I got up and unlocked the door and he swung it open, it hitting me a little. Kevvy got up to help me but my dad stepped in between us. He looked at Kevvy and then looked at me and started screaming at me in Italian. I stood there, shaking, while looking at the ground and trying to catch my breath. Kevvy rushed towards me when I started playing with my rubber band and pulled me back into him. He wrapped his arms around my neck and held me against his chest, my back on him. He pulled me away from the screaming man. “What are you doing? Don’t touch her!” Dad yelled. He reached for Kevvy but I moved him out of the way and my dad grabbed my shirt. “Tell your little boyfriend he can’t help you now.” I think Kevvy wanted to save me but he didn’t know what to do since it was my dad. “Kevvy, leave.” I whimpered, breathing heavily. “No.” My dad started screaming in Italian more and threw me on the bed.

Kevvy rushed at him but I yelled, making him stop in his tracks. “Leave! Please!” I cried. “Echo!” “NOW!” Kevvy ran out, down the stairs and out the door. As soon as it closed, my dad looked at me and in Italian he spoke very clearly, “You’ll never get away from me. No boy will ever get you away from me.” He climbed on top of me and I squealed. He smiled. “You look just like her.” He stroked my cheek and started crying. Balling. I was just stricken with fear; I didn’t know what to do. I started wiggling to see if I could get away but he smacked me and wiped his face. “You fucking left me!” He said through his teeth and smacked me again. “You left me with your stupid, fucking daughter!” He smacked me and held my arms down. I squealed and he shushed me. Using his weight to pin me down, he started unbuttoning my pants. I tried to move but that made him hit me more. So I just had to lie there.

Kevvy called me over 20 times but I didn’t respond. With my sunglasses on, a bloody leg, a bottle of vodka disguised in my water bottle, a shivering body, and 4 Triple C’s later, I walked into the bar and told the guy at the front that I was with the band. I was half-drunk at this point, I’m surprised he didn’t say anything when he stamped me for being underage. Ali, Amanda, Mike, Ian, Josh, Matt, and Kevvy were all sitting at a table near the back, laughing and eating. Except for Josh and Kevvy. Kevvy had his phone out and definitely wasn’t engaged in any conversation. Josh wasn’t eating but kept smiling at everyone. It was weird. I checked my phone and realized that Kevvy was texting me, trying to figure out if I was okay. No, I’m never okay. I couldn’t bring him into my mess. I had to end, whatever this was, now. I walked up to everyone quietly and Kevvy stood up immediately and hugged me. “I didn’t tell them.” He whispered to me. I closed my eyes as soon as he said that and started silently crying. He pulled away from me, pushed my hair back and took off the glasses, seeing a lot of bruises there. “Baby…” He said again and pulled me in tighter than before. I knew the others were watching but I didn’t care. “Hey!” Josh yelled angrily which made me cling to Kevvy’s shirt a little tighter. I looked at Josh’s wild eyes and balled up fists and scrunched up face and when he saw my face, his lightened up.

We all ended up being shoved in a room in the back of the bar behind the stage so we didn’t take space from paying customers. The boys were nervous but excited and Josh kept pacing the floor. Once I fixed myself, I walked up to him and smiled. “What happened?” He asked really fast. “Nothing. I miss you.” He stopped pacing and stood in front of me. He was gonna say something but we heard “And coming to the stage…” He dropped his head. “I gotta go.” He jumped and the boys made their way out onto the stage. They were amazing (even if I was drunk)! They actually stayed on an extra half-hour because the crowd kept asking for more. They got to play a lot of their original things too and it went over really well. After their third, and final goodbye, they rushed to the back of the stage. Everyone greeted them and told them how great they were, but I just sat in the corner, smiling at my best friend. This was just the beginning for him and I knew it. Kevvy noticed me in the corner and grabbed my hand to come talk to the guys. Josh was smiling and everything until he saw me. His smile dropped and his eyes did too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm...