Status: Hey guys! Thanks for reading/clicking on this. I'll be updating whenever I can! <3

We are Broken

Chapter 3

"We're here!" Val exclaimed as we pulled up to a very expensive looking house "Are you ready to meet your new family who won't treat you like shit?"

"Now or never" I said as I hopped out of the car and approached the door with Val and Matt on both sides of me.

As Matt knocked on the door there was about a million thoughts running through my head-

What if they don't like me?
What if they think I'm ugly?
What if they think I'm just some fan girl?
What if they think I'm annoying?
What if they call me names?
What if they all hate me and Matt and Val send me back to that foster home?

All of my thoughts were interrupted as a tall lanky guy opened the door. The Rev- I mean..Jimmy.

"OH MY GOD IS THIS HER?!" Jimmy screamed and jumped around me, making me jump slightly before awkwardly laughing. "COME INSIDE, LITTLE ONE!" He yelled as he picked me up, carrying me into the living room where everyone else was.

"Calm down there Jimmy, we've only had her for 2 days, we don't wanna break her" Matt chuckled as he sat in a chair with Val.

"I've had a kid guys I know how this works" Jimmy snapped, jokingly of course. "Speaking of Parker, him and Leana are at the store getting more snacks and what not, so you can meet them later, Skylar" Jimmy smiled

Everyone took their turns introducing themselves to me and so far they were all super nice to me.

"Well, we should get this cook out going" Brian, or 'Uncle Bri' said and everyone walked outside.

"You coming Sky?" Zacky asked me.

"Nah, I think I'll play with the puppy" I smiled and pointed at Brian and Michelle's dog, Pinkly.

"I'll come get you when the foods done then dear" Gena said to me and I nodded, petting Pinkly.

I was sitting on the couch cuddled up with Pinkly for about 10 minutes when Leana and who I assumed was Parker walked in the door.

"Oh my goodness! You're Skylar aren't you?!" Leana asked and rushed over and hugged me tight "I've been looking forward to meeting you! Parker, get over here and introduce yourself while i put the groceries away" She told the boy and walked in what I assumed to be the kitchen.

"Uhh hi there" Parker smiled and sat next to me, "I'm Parker"

"I'm Skylar" I said quietly

"Nice to meet you, Skylar" Parker smiled and shook my hand, making sparks go through my body. My god, he was the cutest guy I've ever seen. He looks exactly like Jimmy.

"Nice to meet you too" I rushed out and looked away, blushing madly and hoping he didn't notice how I had been staring at him.

Parker chuckled "I'm gonna call you Sky. Your eyes are sky blue, so it works out"

"Call me whatever you want" I smiled. Hell, I wouldn't even care if he called me emo or a slut or whatever, I'd be too distracted by how cute he is.

"Sky it is then" Parker smiled, looking into my eyes.

"Hey guys, foods done!" Gena said popping her head in the door.

"Thanks G- dawggg" Parker laughed and helped me up, showing me the way to his backyard.

"Come eat, Skyyy!" Parker smiled, patting the seat next to him.

"Oh no thank you, I ate before I came" I smiled politely

"Well at least come sit, silly!"

I smiled and walked over, taking a seat next to Parker, no way in hell was I gonna deny that!

"You guys seem to be getting along well" Leana smiled, nudging Jimmy

"We sure are, she's gonna be my bestest friend ever, I'm tired of hanging out with you old people" Parker teasted and nudged my leg with his.

"Bestest friend?" Jimmy asked his son, winking at him.

"No dad, we've already fallen madly in love and made plans to run away and get hitched"

I know Parker was just joking around, but the thought of us doing that was perfect. Is this what it's like to have a crush? I hope it's not too noticable, that would be embarrassing.

"Parker can you swim?" Jimmy asked me, standing up.

"Uhh..yeah, why?" I asked, grabbing onto the chair, thinking he was gonna throw me into the pool.

"Just wondering" He smiled and walked into the house to get more food.

'That was a weird question' I thought to myself, releasing my grip on the table and relaxing, not noticing Jimmy sneaking up behind me.

"WELL LETS GO FOR A SWIM!!!" Jimmy yelled, picking me up and running into the pool, jumping into it with me, followed by everyone else.

Once I surfaced, I looked around at everyone, holding in a laugh at the girls makeup before my eyes fixated on Parker, staring for a couple seconds at how adorable he looked when he was wet. I broke my trance when I heard Val calling me over.

"Yes?" I asked as I swam over to her

"Michelle, Gena, Lacey, Leana and I are going to take you shopping for clothes and whatever kinda girl stuff you want on Friday, and Matt and all the guys and I are taking you shopping on Saturday for things like a TV and whatever kinda stuff like that you want, okay?" She asked me

I sighed, "Val, I told you I am fine with what I have now. I don't need to be pampered like that"

"Oh hush, we have plenty of money to spend, we've been saving up for a kid since we got married"

"Fineee" I sighed and swam around more.

"You better get used to that" Parker said as I swam past him.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I asked him

"Well, I don't want to explain it when everyone is around. Do you have a phone?"

"I have an iPod with a texting app" I shrugged

"What's the number?" He asked me, reaching up to get a sharpie and napkin from the table by the pool and wrote down my number. "Alright, I'll text you later" He smiled and circled around me a few times before swimming away

--

It was now 11 pm, meaning we had been at Jimmy's house for about 7 hours now, which I didn't mind because they were mainly spent talking to Parker.

"Well Skylar, are you ready to go?" Matt asked me, hand in hand with Val

"Yeah I guess" I smiled and stood.

"It was nice getting to know you Skylar!" Jimmy exclaimed everyone else agreeing "Can't wait until next weekend" He said and then wrapped me in a big hug which everyone joined in on.

"Welcome to the family, Skylar" Brian said and everyone cheered

"It was nice meeting you Sky! I'll text you!" Parker said and gave me one last big hug as I walked out the door.

'Today was perfect' I thought to myself and got in the car, smiling the biggest smile I could manage.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! Sorry if there's any spelling errors, I'm writing this at 3 in the morning >.>
Thanks for reading, gorgeous! Subscribe, recommend, comment please! :D
~xoxo Melody