The Girl Next Door

Chapter 23

*Harry's P.O.V*
Is he kidding? Is this some sort of sick joke? Was he there when I talked to my dad and did he hear everything? I sighed quietly, tentatively glancing over at Kaleigh. She was concentrated and was, apparently, pouring her heart out on the paper. I wondered what she was writing about. Probably her dad. Or her mom. Maybe both. No one really knew what happened with them, only the closest do. Like Niall. Niall friggin' Horan. He was like the brother I never had, and like the invisible wall separating Kaleigh and I. I sighed once again before I forced myself to start writing. The teacher wanted deep? Then deep it is.

*Kaleigh's P.O.V*
Once I was done writing I glanced over at Harry. His eyebrows were furrowed and he looked deep in concentration. What secret was he writing about? My own curiosity infuriated me and I forced myself to look away. Focusing on the wall full of papers, one in particular caught my eye: 'school dance' and I smirked. This was the kind of thing Niall and I snickered at. The girls are always overdressed and the guys are always under-appreciated for getting the wrong flowers or showing up at the wrong time. It was superficial and I didn't care for it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the recs guys :)