The Girl Next Door

Chapter 9

"Did I mention how much I hate the first day of school?" I muttered to Niall as we walked past a bunch of girls squealing and hugging each other. Niall laughed.

"Come on, Kayles. It's not that bad. I mean the first and last day of school are the best if you think about it. We don't have any homework and even the teachers aren't in 'working' mode. Enjoy it before we start losing ourselves in projects and exams." Niall reasoned with his infamous grin. I rolled my eyes.

"Thanks for the ever-lasting enthusiasm, Niall, but I'd rather sulk." I said, still frowning.

"Suit yourself." He said as we walked in the gym and looked for a place to sit.

"Over here, guys!" I heard a distinct voice call out and I quietly groaned. Niall laughed before heading over to Harry and I reluctantly followed. Why was he always around?

"Gotta love the first day school assembly." He said sarcastically and, for once, I agreed with him.

"What classes do you have this semester?" Niall asked him. Harry scoffed.

"It's bad enough that I knew to come here this morning. Do you really think I know about my classes?" He smirked. "What about you lovebirds? Have you made an appointment with the secretary yet to make sure all your classes are together?" Harry said, still in a sarcastic tone. I exhaled loudly, making my annoyance clear.

"For the last time, we are friends!" Niall exclaimed but he still had a stupid smile on his face. I wish he wasn't so innocent sometimes. "And no, we don't have any classes together in fact." He answered.

"I'm impressed. You bought a longer leash then, Kaleigh?"

"Yeah, I'm keeping the shorter one to tie around your throat and hang on the ceiling." I muttered and he actually laughed.

"Feisty this morning are we?" He replied, unfazed. I didn't have time to think of a reply before our director, mister Brown, made his way to the mic and asked us to settle down and listen. Lucky for me, I guess. I hadn't thought of a reply.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here's another chapter! Hope you guys like it! Thank you so much to those who are reading and subscribing! I would like to have some feedback, if it's not too much to ask.
Anyways, thanks again!