Status: New!!

The Wind Through the Trees

Chapter 5

(This chapter is a flashback chapter to build more upon the relationship between Artemis and Legolas that has been picked up where they came together in the first chapter.)

The Wind Through the Trees

As my eyes closed and the pain surged in my stomach only one memory passed through my mind.

Flashback start

I walked into the beautiful forest of Mirkwood the trees became more healthy and lively as I moved swiftly across the forest floor. Merely days before today I was called upon by King Thranduil to blossom a tree to life which was dying in their kingdom. The Elves take great care of my lands but sometimes a tree just gets lonely and sick, they need lots of love and care like a child does.

I arrived at the gate to be greeted by an Elven soldier, “Queen Artemis of the lands it is great of you to come follow me to the King,” He said bowing. “It has been a while since I have come here is is quiet beautiful,” I commented looking over the structure of Mirkwood. “Yes, Milady we like to improve and make it better for the people of Mirkwood,” the soldier said as we ascended upon a set of stairs. “How is the King?” “He is well, the prince has returned from his trip so the royal family is all home and happy,” the soldier answered. “You mean Legolas Greenleaf?” I questioned. “Yes my Queen, but you have yet to meet him am I correct?” “Yes I have only met the king the prince was always away or training when I came by,” I told him as he pushed open the door the the throne room.

“My lord The White Queen has arrived,” another soldier said as I stepped through the doors. “Welcome Artemis, it is always a great pleasure to have you in the city,” Thranduil greeted bowing slightly. “As always Thranduil. Where is the tree that you call me for?” I asked him looking around slightly. “It is in the center of the gardens, my son is there now. It is his tree after all,” the King said leading me outside towards the gardens. “His tree my lord?” I questioned as I slid my hood off my head. “Yes it was planted on the day of his birth but now it seems to be dying when it has barely aged,” the King spoke as we neared the tree.

“Legolas my son meet The White Queen Artemis Solas,” Thranduil introduced me as the handsome elf turn to face me. “I’m Legolas Greenleaf, it is a pleasure to finally meet you my Queen,” he said as he bowed and kissed my hand. I blushed profusely as his blue eyes looked into my white ones. “It is good to meet you Legolas,” I smiled at him.

“You are here for the tree correct?” Legolas asked as the king started to walk away. “Yes Thranduil says it is dying,” I told him as we walked over to the faded and sad tree. I placed my hands on the tree feeling her emotions pulse inside her trunk. “My friend what ales you so,” I whispered to her as she moaned back. “Did that tree just talk?” Legolas asked in amazement. “Yes, every tree can talk but they will only speak to those who will listen to them,” I smiled as my hands started to grow healing the trees broken heart.

“Why is the tree hurt?” Legolas asked as he watched me heal it. “She is sadden because she is lonely,” I looked over at him. “I didn’t know trees can be lonely.” “Yes that is why I am going to plant and grow a new tree beside her so she won’t ever be lonely again.” I smiled as I took out a seed from my robes and hovered my hand over it. My magic started to work as the plant sprouted from my hand and jumped to the ground burying itself in the dirt. Legolas watched in amazement as the tree grew to its full growth matching the other one’s size.

“How is that possible? It took this tree years to reach it’s full size,” Legolas asked as he touched the tree gently. “That is a secret I’ll save for later,” I smiled as we watched his tree regain her color and sprout leaves of color.

“Thank you my Queen,” Legolas said bowing. “You need not bow Legolas and please call me Artemis,” I told him as I placed a hand on his shoulder. He blushed lightly and smiled, “I’m sorry Milady you are a queen and deserve to be treated like so,” he said as he looked away. “Do not be sorry. I am your equal not your ruler so treat me as one,” I smiled as he laughed lightly.

“Milady how about we take a tour around the land before the feast begins?” Legolas asked as he
held out his arm to me. I smiled and linked my arm with his as we walk through the gardens.

“So why have I not gotten to meet you yet?” I asked Legolas as we walked beside a flowing river. “I adventure around middle earth,” he told me as we walked over a bridge stopping in the center. “That sounds exciting,” I smiled up at him. “Yes it is very exciting but don’t you venture around the lands also?” He asked looking over the water. “Yes from forests to forests as the trees call out to me.”

“Let us go back, dinner will be ready soon,” He told me as we locked arms and walked to the dinning hall. When we stepped into the hall the elves all bowed and greeted me kindly. “Such a beautiful woman,” one whispered as we passed him. I sighed sadly at the male elves. “What is wrong Milady?” Legolas asked as he pulled out my chair so I could sit down at the long table. “It’s just whenever I come to places like this all the male’s become infatuated with me when they don’t even know me,” I explained as he took a seat next to me. “Oh,” he sounded with a solemn breath. “What I mean is that non of them truly like me for me they just think I’m beautiful and they don’t know me,” I explained as I saw sadness fill him then leave him almost instantly. “It is most likely because you are a Queen magical being,” Commented as the food was brought out.

“What about you Legolas do you have women elves that fancy you every where you go?” I asked with a smile. “He has quiet the fans,” Thranduil said from his seat. Legolas blush slightly, “Yeah I do have some woman that fancy me like men fancy you but not has many,” He laughed that beautiful laugh.

I stared at him as his eyes locked with mine causing me to look away and hide my blush. The rest of the dinner went by smoothly, the food was great and the elves conversed on different topics.

When we finished our meals Legolas stood up and guided me out of my seat. “When will you be leaving Milady?” Legolas asked as we watched the moon and the stars. “Tonight I must make haste back to one of the Ents he has become ill also,” I told him which caused a sad expression to wash over him. “But I’ll visit more often,” I smiled making him smile. “Would you like me to escort you to your destination?” Legolas asked when he looked at me. “How about you escort me through Mirkwood, the spiders can scare me sometimes,” I smiled over at him as he laughed lightly. “If you are ready to head out now I can grab my bow and dagger for protection then head out,” he looked over at me as I nodded letting him know we could leave.

Legolas came back shorty after with his bow and dagger hanging off of him. “Are you ready my Queen?” He asked as I slipped my cloak back on. “Yes I am,” I smiled as we started to walk through the dark forest illuminated by only the moon and myself. “You truly are beautiful,” Legolas told me as he looked over at my pure form. “Th- thank you,” I stuttered out with a blush. “But you are also a kind and caring woman. Your powers amaze me, I mean none of us would be here if not for you. You are the reason this very forest lives,” Legolas’ eyes sparked as he talked about me. “I’m not that great. It is just what I’m born to do, this is my purpose, the only reason I live,” I told him as we walked over branches.

We reached the edge of the forest safely, I turned and looked up at Legolas who was looking at me. “Thank you for walking with me Legolas,” I thanked him with a smile as he smiled back. “It’s always a pleasure to escort a fair maiden to safety,” He spoke softly. I looked up at him as he leaned down towards me, it was as if the world around us stood still as he leaned towards my soft lips but he stopped short placing a softy protecting kiss on my forehead. “Please be safe Artemis Solas and please visit soon,” Legolas said as he brushed my hair out of my face. “I will try,” I whispered in a trance. I slowly walked away from Legolas as he stood at the edge of Mirkwood watching me until I disappeared into the distance.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is short it is a little filler chapter the story will continue on the next chapter please enjoy and don’t kill me!! Something great will happen in the next chapter.