Status: New!!

The Wind Through the Trees

Chapter 8

Sorry it took so long I started another new Fanfiction and had Allstate tryouts for school so I’ve been crazy busy. Sorry it is short I’m trying to get out the last chapters for you guys and they will all be short. Then the Prequel will be out when the new Hobbit movies come out!!

The Wind Through the Trees

After Gandalf left everything quieted down. We sat and waited for the sign to head towards Minas Tirith.

“The only way those beacons will be lit is by force,” I spoke looking at the line of beacons.

“Have faith, Gandalf might talk the king into lighting them on his own,” Aragorn spoke looking at me as I gave him a look.

“I said might,” Aragorn laugh as I smiled.

“Artemis, would you like to walk with me?” Legolas asked as he walked up to Aragorn and I.

“Yes that would be lovely,” I smiled and nodded to Aragorn as I linked arms with Legolas and we walked around the area.

“How have you been my queen?” Legolas asked as we glided across the ground.

“I’ve been good, I’m just scared for our friends,” I whispered looking down slightly.

“Don’t worry love they will be fine, they are strong and have a brave heart,” he smiled kissing my forehead. I leaned up slightly and kissed his lips as we heard Aragorn call us.

“The beacons of Minas Tirith! The beacons are lit! Gondor calls for aid!” We ran up to the beacon as the tension rose awaiting for the kings answer.

“Then Rohan will answer. Muster the Rohirrim!” Théoden yelled as we cheered.

We walked into the Edoras courtyard at dawn mounting our horses preparing to ride. “Assemble the army at Dunharrow - as many men as can be found. You have two days . . . On the Third, we ride for Gondor . . . and war!” Théoden yelled riding forward. “Gamling, make haste across the Riddermark . . . Summon every able-bodied man to Dunharrow!” The king ordered. As we all prepared I noticed Eowyn pulling on riding gloves.

“You ride with us?” I asked her as she froze slightly looking my way.

“Just to the encampment. It’s tradition for woman of the Court to farewell the men,” she explained as I eyed her suspiciously. Aragorn smiled and walked over lifting up a cover to reveal a sword, strapped to the side of the saddle of her horse. Eowyn pulls the cover back down looking at him.

“The men have found their Captain - they will follow you into battle, even to death. You have given us hope,” Eowyn spoke quietly.

Eomer called down to all of the soldiers, “Now is the hour! Riders of Rohan - oaths you have taken. Now, fulfill them all - to Lord and land!” We all rode out along side Théoden our horses thundering towards Dunharrow in the mountains.

We rode into the valley looking over the thousands of men and horses sitting at the campfires burns filling the valley with smoke. It was now dawn and Legolas, Gimli, and I watch as horses and men become restless and quiet in the area. We look around at the men who do not make eye contact with us until we spot Eomer.

“The horses are restless . . . and the men are -; quiet ..?” Legolas spoke looking for answers.

“They grow nervous in the shadow of the mountain . . .” Eomer explains as our eyes wondered to the row of ancient stones that mark the entrance.

“That road there - where does that lead?” Gimli asked looking up at us.

“That is the road to the Dimholt. The door under the mountain,” I explain moving away from it slightly.

“None who venture there ever return. That mountain is evil . . .” Eomer spoke under his breath.
Aragorn moved to the road transfixed with what was before him. “Aragorn!” Gimli called as he snapped out of his trance. “Let’s find some food,” Gimli finished as the walked away Aragorn giving the ancient stones one last glance.

We ate in silence as the ominous felling waved over us from the stones. We slept silently as the sounds of the mountains rolled around us. Elrond arrived late at night with news for Aragorn. They spoke briefly as I watched the entrance to the door under the mountains. Aragorn walked towards the road with his horse behind him but before he could get down the road we all stepped out of the shadows.

“And just where do you think you’re off to?” Gimli asked looking at him closely.

“Not this time ... This time you must stay, my friend, “ Aragorn spoke grateful for Gimli’s courage.

“Have you learnt nothing of the stubbornness of Dwarves?” Legolas asked Aragorn. Aragorn noticed Legolas’ horse following behind him.

“You are going to have to accept this Aragorn we aren’t leaving you.” I smiled as he smiled at us nodding his head in acceptance. We Mounted the horses and slowly rode into the shadows.

“What kind of army would linger in such a place?” Gimli asked shaking slightly.

“The dead kind,” I answered looking at him as his eye widened.

“One that is cursed ... Long ago the Men of the Mountain swore an oath to the last King of Gondor - to come to his aid, to fight, but when the time came, when Gondor’s need was dire, they fled ... Vanishing into the darkness of the mountain ... And Isildur cursed them - never to rest until they had fulfilled their pledge,” Legolas explain to Gimli. Silence filled the air around us, no birds, no wind. Only the the dark thud of the horse hooves against the ground. Before us at the root of the mountain stood a tower of rocks.

“The very warmth of my blood seems stolen away,” Gimli gasped in a terrified whisper. Within the walls was a creepy dark door gaping like the mouth of night. Signs and figures were carved all over the the arch.

I dismounted the horse walking over to the words touching them, “The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead, and the Dead keep it. The way is shut,” I read translating the carvings. At that moment a chill wind rushes out of the doorway. We stared into the blackness as the wind blew our hair. The horses reared and bucked in terror, turning quickly galloping away.

“Brego!” Aragorn called out to his horse.

“It is no use my friend this is no place for an animal,” I spoke watching the wind.

“I do not dear death . . .” Aragorn spoke as he walked into the darkness disappearing from view. I nodded over to Legolas stepping in behind Aragorn. Legolas soon followed after me. Gimli was left alone and hesitated struggling to get over his fear.

“Well, this is a thing unheard of ... an Elf will go underground when a Dwarf dare not. Oh! I’d never hear the end of it!” I heard Gimli say as he mustered up his courage and walked into the darkness.
As we walked through the darkness my body started to illuminate the dark but the more we walked the weaker I grew.

“Artemis, don’t waste all of your energy guiding us,” Aragorn ordered.

“It is not the energy I’m wasting that is the problem. It is the fact that there is no life in this area but us. My life source drains the more we are in this mountain,” I spoke weakly as Aragorn and Legolas helped me walk through the mountain until we heard a bombing voice causing us to stop in our tracks, “Who enters my domain?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please review!!