Rosie

Chapter 4

‘KIDS, WHERE ARE YA’LL?!? I BOUGHT STUFF FOR MY SPECIAL SPICY CHICKEN!!’ Rosie yelled throughout the house upon entering with her hands full of shopping bags

When there were no sounds throughout the house, Rosie became a smidge concerned.

‘Hello?’ she said warily

Ever since she was attacked, Rosie never liked coming home to an empty house. If nobody was home, Matt would always text her if he took the kids out. It just gave her some peace of mind.

A little extreme, but Rosie hadn’t felt one hundred percent safe ever since that fateful evening.

To be honest, the only times she felt truly safe and content, were when Matt was holding her or giving her hugs.

‘Hey Rosie!!’ Matt’s voice boomed down the stairs from the second floor

A wave of relief washed over her before she walked through to the kitchen to put the groceries away.

Closing the door of the fridge, Rosie looked up to see Matt standing in the hallway looking amazing. His dress shirt and pants were fitted perfectly and he was groomed immaculately.

The thought of Matt dating made Rosie’s stomach drop instantly.

‘Going somewhere, Matt?’ she asked casually

‘I’m not going far, and you’re coming with.’ He smiled at her, revealing his dimples

‘Oh? Me?’ she questioned him, confused. ‘Where are the kids?’

‘My mum came and whisked them away for the weekend. So go get ready, and be downstairs in forty five minutes.’

Rosie just stared at him, blushing a little.

‘Ummm, Matt...’ Rosie started

‘Do you not want to?’ he asked

‘No it’s not that, but what are we doing?’

‘Well uhh’ he scratched his neck nervously ‘I was hoping you’d maybe want to accompany me...to...dinner?’

Rosie looked at the brawny man intently, looking for any hint of a lie. She of course found none.

‘Just let me get changed and I’ll be down soon.’ She smiled up at him before leaving to go upstairs.

Matt was left standing there with a smile on his face. He couldn’t believe Rosie had agreed.

As he went to go sit and wait, the muscular man couldn’t help but realise Jimmy was right.