Fear of Flying

Oh, calamity

Zarrie was now a thing, and it was officially everywhere.

Pictures of them out of their first date were almost impossible to get away from. They were on the cover of rubbish magazines in the market, or around campus, in the quad where people left them lying around after reading them. They were a trending topic on twitter, and I didn’t even bother to check tumblr, because I knew I’d just see it all there too.

Pictures of them together the days that followed their date were everywhere too. They were a very hot topic, loved and hated.

The complete bitch in me loved that people were hating on Perrie, calling her a fame whore and all that.

But really, it just made me sad. Even though I was heartbroken, I knew what it was like to get hate for no reason. She was getting it 10x worse than I ever got it.

As much as I hate to admit it too… Zayn looked happy in all the pictures I saw that I couldn’t help avoiding. More happy than I’d ever seen him with me. I think that’s what made it all hurt so much worse than the actual ending of our… whatever it was.

That, and the fact that over the past two weeks since I last saw him, I hadn’t heard from him once. I mean, I guess I could have texted him but he was the one that said he wanted to stay friends. So he should be the one putting in the effort.

…Not that I wanted to hear from him, I was too hurt still. Okay, that’s a lie. I did really want to hear from him. More than I wanted to admit. I just wanted to know that I still crossed his mind. That I wasn’t completely tossed aside and forgotten once Perrie showed some interest, that I was more than just something to pass the time with. Because he was right, we were friends, at least t some point. At least I thought we were.

Eleanor and Harry made it abundantly clear that, whenever we’d hang out, they would avoid all topics of Zayn completely. Part of me was annoyed but I was grateful they were trying to spare my feelings, trying not to make it harder. Though pointless at the same time since everyone else in on the planet seemed to be consumed with all things Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards.

Except Alfie. He couldn’t care less about celebrity gossip, unless it was about Morrissey’s tour schedule. So I tended to lean more towards spending more of my time with him. We’d hang out, he’d school me on music while I tried to study. He usually just sat there, tinkering on his guitar and scribbling lyrics into his journal rather than writing his creative writing essay.

And when I wasn’t sitting around my dingy flat, or with Harry, Eleanor or Alfie, I was at Brewed Awakening.

“You’re prettier than her anyway,” Mary scoffed as she leafed though a tabloid someone had left on one of the tables. Zayn and Perrie were on the cover, of course.

I rolled my eyes, “I appreciate the compliment, no matter how untrue it is, but it’s not necessary.” I continued to wipe down the counters. For a Thursday night the café wasn’t busy, it was slow today in fact. Mary and I were the only one’s working, and Jason was in the back going through the books, or whatever it is he does in the office. There was only one customer, and older gentleman, sitting at the corner table, nose deep in a newspaper. Most of the people that had come in just picked up a drink or pastry then were on their way. Which honestly, was exactly how I liked it, it meant we could play, respectively, any music we wanted. Right now, Bright Eyes played softly through the speakers- Mary’s choice.

“Not a lie,” Mary insisted. “Her eyes are too massive.”

I hummed, “She’s gorgeous.” She was. Perrie Edwards was amazingly beautiful, with perfect bright blue eyes, button nose, perfect lips, flawless skin, blonde and a body any bird would kill for. What more could a guy want? No matter how jealous I was of her having Zayn, I couldn’t deny that. She was also extremely talented, I’ve been none to get down to some Little Mix, though now I avoided them as much as I could. It also didn’t help that she was insanely nice.

“What exactly happened there anyway? I thought you guys were… good.”

I shrugged, “He… well he always made a point to make it clear that we weren’t together so, he really didn’t do anything wrong. He’s liked her for quite a while I gather. He looks happy with her anyways.”
She came and leaned over the counter next to me, “You’re being very… classy about this whole thing. I could learn a thing or two from you.” I just forced a smile as a reply. “You know, he didn’t deserve you,” she said seriously.”

I looked down at the counter, “Thanks.”

“I’d be so pissed off and bitter if I were in your shoes.”

“Well being bitter about it isn’t going to change anything. It won’t make him want me so what’s the point?” I shrugged again. “The only thing I can do it move on.”

“And are you?”

“I’m working on it I guess.”

She nodded, “You know who you should work on it with? That curly headed one. He’s fit a hella Dee, and what a way to get back on Zayn!”

I chuckled, “We’re just friends, it’s not like that.”

“I’m sure it could be like that if you tried.”

“We are so not having this conversation,” I laughed dryly. “Plus, I could never do that to Zayn or use Harry like that for that matter. Nothing good would come from being that vindictive.”

She walked around the counter to stand behind it with me and sighed, “Fine. What about that other bloke?”

“What other bloke?”

“You know,” she shrugged, “The one that pops in here every now and then. Brown perfectly fringed hair that hangs in his face, piercing green eyes. Always wearing ripped jeans that hug his bum in that perfect way, usually in a flannel. Looks like he belongs in a trendy Nirvana cover band.”

I laughed at the dreamy look on her face, “Alfie?”

“Of course his name’s Alfie,” she scoffed. “But he’s fit as fuck Dee. Please get on that. Or better yet, introduce me!”

“Alfie and I… we’re just friends.”

“Why are you ‘just friends’ with all these incredibly fit lads? Listen to me now, I’m your elder- You’re doing it wrong Kennedy! So very, very wrong!”

I bit my lip, “Alfie’s very attractive but,” I shrugged, “I don’t know.” I’ve never thought of Alfie like that, but I’ve always been attracted to him. You’d have to be blind not too be.

“Seems to me like he’s a perfect rebound if you ask me,” she chimed as the bell over the door jingled as two teenagers walked into order.

Later, while I was on my break I got a text from Alfie saying he was taking me to a party ‘end of story.’ I smirked at the fact he was giving me no choice in the matter, but I was okay with it. A party sounded like just what I needed. So I replied that I was excited and expected him to be picking me up at my flat later.

*****

I was in front of the mirror that was over my dresser, fixing my makeup as I waited for Alfie when I heard my door open. “Hello?” I called out confused.

“It’s me,” I heard Harry call before he appeared in the doorway.

I glanced at him through the mirror, “What are you doing here?” I smiled.

I watched as he looked at me up and down, taking in my appearance. I didn’t bother wearing anything exciting, parties with Alfie were always casual, and occasionally wild so I had kept it simple; tight jeans and a tanktop, but I had on my favorite Victoria’s Secret bra that made my boobs look fantastic and enough cleavage to get the point across that I was ready to mingle with the opposite sex. I watched as Harry’s brows pulled together and his expression became unreadable. It was a mix between confusion and something else, “Going somewhere?”

I rolled my eyes at his tone. It was like he was surprised I had a life outside of moping around my flat, “I’m going to a party with Alfie,” I said as I pulled my eyes away from his in the mirror and started to dig in my makeup bag for the right shade of lipstick.

“So you forgot we had plans then,” he stated.

I froze for a second trying to think back, “Um, no we didn’t.”

“Yes we did. You asked me yesterday if I wanted to hang out.”

I glanced at him over the shoulder briefly, “Yeah, and you told me you were busy with Grimmy and you couldn’t make any promises.”

He scoffed, “That’s not how I worded it.”

“But it’s basically what you said,” I shrugged, “I don’t know what the big deal is. Now you can hang out with Grimmy and not worry about me sitting here alone,” I said lightly. I don’t know why he was making such a big deal out of me having other plans. He said he was busy tonight so I found a plan B. I was sued to Harry sometimes having to cancel on me or let me down easy, he was a busy guy. I think everyone on the planet knew that.

He huffed, “So the famous Alfie.” The way he bit out Alfie’s name irked me.

I shot him a confused look, “Uh, sure?”

He shrugged and I went back to pulling out lipstick, “’s just you’ve mentioned him quite a lot lately.”

I shrugged as I applied lipstick, “He’s my friend.”

“Friend,” he mused. “Like Zayn was?”

“No,” I said in a hard voice. I turned around to face him and glared, “Just a friend.”

“Well you have a track record of being… friendly with your friends. Plus you’ve got your boobs out,” he spat.

That hurt. Like way more than I think I’d like to admit. I didn’t even care about the boob thing because his previous comment, and what he was hinting at, hurt more. He was giving me a look that insinuated he was including himself in that statement, which wasn’t fair. We had actually tried dating before we became friends. “Wow, what the fucks your problem Harry?”

He scoffed, “Nothing. I just find it amusing that you’re letting Zayn affect you like this.”

“He’s not affecting anything. I’m going out with a friend to have fun. I don’t see the problem with this!”

“You’re dressed like a slag for this guy and you don’t see the problem.”

The bitter force of his voice made me step back, which caused me to bump into my dresser. I felt like he’d slapped me and my heart had plummeted into my stomach. Harry has never been like this to me, in fact I don’t think I’ve ever heard him utter the word ‘slag’ before. I don’t know what I did to cause this hostility from him. I took a deep breath trying to calm my nerves and keep my voice from shaking. I stood up right and squared my shoulders, “I don’t know what’s gotten into you, but I think you should leave.”

He scoffed, “Gladly. Have fun tonight Kennedy.” With those last words he pushed himself off the door jam and stomped down my hall. The force of how hard he slammed my door caused me to jump.

I just stood there in silence replaying what had just happened. He pretty much just walked in here, called me a slag and stormed out. I had no idea what I did, or what his problem was. That wasn’t even the Harry I knew. I felt the sting of tears behind my eyes by forced them away as I turned back to the mirror as I made sure my makeup still looked fine.

When I got a text from Alfie a few minutes later telling me he was down stairs, I pocketed my ID and keys before slipping in my vans and headed out.

On my way down in the lifts I texted El; Harry’s a fucking wanker.

She texted back right as I got to Alfie’s awaiting car; What he do

fucking ask him, I sent back before I shut my phone off and fell into the passenger seat and forced a smile at Alfie.

*****

“You sure you’re okay? You seem off,” Alfie asked as he parallel parked on the street. We were a few houses down from where the party was- his band mates’, Abel, Tommy and Jackson’s house. The other three members of Alfie’s band, which the name of said band changed weekly, all lived in this two story town house that they all rented out. Alfie lived in one of the dorms on campus, because it was cheaper, but he tended to crash here a lot. They had all their after show after parties here, Eleanor and I have attended a few of those.

“I’m fine,” I said as he shut the car off, “Just a long day.”

“Well than a party is just what you need then, yeah?”

I nodded, “Definitely.”

Walking up to the house, there were people mingling outside, the smell of cigarettes and pot wafting through the air. I could faintly hear the bass of the music from here. “Seems like it’s already in full swing,” he mused as he opened the front door. He put his hand on the small of my back and presented the open door for me, “After you.”

I smiled in thanks and stepped into the door. Off to the side of the entry way was the living room, which was already packed with bodies. Alfie and his friends never messed around when it came to parties- they were always getting threats of eviction from their landlord because of these. The smell of sweat, smoke and cheap beer hit me instantly as well as the volume of the music. Thrashing guitars, screaming a synthesizer and every now and then everyone in the room would clap along with the song and sing ‘sorry you’re not a winner’. I didn’t know what band it was but I recognized the song from being in Alfie’s car. As we walked further into the house, I started recognizing faces; people from Uni, people I’ve met in passing at shows and these parties.

“Let’s get a drink,” Alfie said over the music. I nodded as I followed him into the kitchen.

There were a handful of people in there; mixing drinks or just talking. I saw Jackson at the far end, by the keg, talking to a blonde I didn’t know. That was common with Jackson, he always had a new girl around him. “Hey Jax!” Alfie called as we made our way over.

“Hey man, you’re late!”

“Yeah, I had to pick this one up,” he said throwing his arms around me and playfully pulled me into him.

Jax nodded at me, “Hey Dee, you alright?” Alfie let me go as Jackson pulled me into a friendly side hug. Jackson was hansom in a more subtle kind of way than Alfie was. He had short light brown hair that was hardly long enough to quiff, and wore a lot of baggy jeans and loose t-shirts that seemed to hide his toned upper body that only a drummer would have. He had real sharp cheek bones, and angular jaw line that really made you do a double take. That, and his killer smile that made it hard to look anywhere else but his face.

“I’m good, thanks. You?”

He nodded, “Good, good. Guys this is Zoey,” he said pointing to the pretty blonde that was curling her way back into his side. “Zoe, you met Alfie the other day, and this is his mate Kennedy,” he said pointing to me.

She smiled at me, “Hi.”

“Hey, nice to meet you.”

“You guys want a pint?” Jax asked as he turned to grab 2 plastic cups off the counter.

“Yeah,” Alfie answered for both of us.

Jax filled both cups with beer, minimal foam, like a champ and handed them to each of us, “Cheers,” I said before taking a sip.

“Have you seen Abel or Tommy?” Alfie asked Jax.

“I think they’re both still in the dining room where the beer pong is.”

I was vaguely listening as I looked around. I spotted a few girls from my and El’s psych class and wanted to go say hi. “You coming?” Alfie asked pulling my attention back.

“Oh, yeah. I’ll meet you in there, I’m just gonna go say hello,” I said gesturing my cup over to the girls I was referring too. He nodded before he made his way out of the kitchen.

I took my time catching up with a few people I knew around the house, and had two more cups of beer. I wasn’t in a hurry to go watch beer pong and I didn’t want to seem like I was clinging to Alfie. Truth is, I’ve never gone to one of these parties without El, but I knew asking her if she’d come tonight was pointless. It was rare that when Louis was home she went out anywhere without him, and he couldn’t exactly just freely walk into a dingy Uni party. Not that I blamed her for wanting to spend time with her boyfriend while he actually had time off, I completely understood.

When I finally made my way into the dining room where the beer pong was happening, there was a good crowd watching. At one end of the table, there were two guys I didn’t know playing against Abel and Tommy, Alfie’s bass and guitar player, and losing horribly.

I spotted Alfie on the other end of the table by his bands mates and I squeezed my way around people to get to him. “Hey,” I said when I finally reached him.

“Hey, took you long enough. We’re next.”

“I’m sorry, ‘we’?” I questioned. I have only played beer pong I think two times in my life and it never ended well.

He elbowed my shoulder, “Come on Kenny, I need my favorite bird on my side. I’ll drink most of the beer if you want.” He was giving me that puppy dog smile that I don’t think anyone could say no too.
“Fine,” I sighed. “But you own me.”

It only took a few more minute for Tommy and Abel to win, and then it was us against them, “Ah, look who’s playing with the big dogs,” Tommy taunted, Abel snickering next to him. “How are you tonight Kennedy.”

I shrugged as I smiled over at him, “I’m good. Gonna be better once we kick your ass at beer pong.”
“Are those fighting words?” Abel questioned with a sarcastic tone. “Why I think she means business tonight lads!” he said to the crowd around the table.

“Oh, we both do,” Alfie promised. He had just finished setting up the cups of beer in a triangle.

“Sure, we’ll see,” Tommy concluded as he and Abel finished setting up their side. Abel and Tommy were half brothers, Tommy being the elder of the though everyone though he was younger cause he was scrawnier than his younger brother. Aside from being brothers they were also best friends. It was rare that you would run into one of them without the other one not too far behind. They both had shaggy brown hair (though with Abel you can't even tell). Tommy's had let his grow into a curly mess that he tried desperately to tame under beanies, but it was a lost effort. He also wore these big, hipster glasses that made him look so adorable. He had the start of what could be a really nice beard which only added to his attractive features.

Then there was Abel. He had more softer features than his brother. His hair was cut short, and shaved on the sides, and he always seemed to be a different color every time I saw him, tonight it was red and green with some of the blonde bleach showing in areas. Home dye job. He had really kind eyes and, despite how he looked, was the quieter of the whole band, but that changed when he had alcohol in his system, like now. “You ready for this Ken?” he asked me.

I laughed, “Bring it on Abe.”

*****

We lost, and I was drunk. Well, not too drunk, but enough that I was giggly, stumbling on my feet and really hot.

“No hard feelings Kennedy,” Tommy said as he pulled me into a hug, “Abel and I are beer pong champions, you didn’t stand a chance.”

“Yeah, yeah,” I sighed. “One day Alfie and I will win.”

“Keep dreaming,” Abel said ruffling my hair.

Tommy released me from his suffocatingly hot body and I turned to Alfie, “I’m gonna go get some air for a bit. It’s hot in here.”

He nodded, “Okay. I’ll come find you in a bit.” He wasn’t as drunk as I was I don’t think. He had a higher alcohol tolerance than me by a long shot.

I weaved my way through the crowd in the living room, which had grown since I last walked through it, and made my way out to the backyard. There were a few people out there in the dark, smoking and talking. All the lawn chairs were taken though so I walked myself to the side of the house and plopped down with a hum of contentment.

It was a nice night out, not too chilly. Though I might just be saying that because my body was heated by all the beer I’ve consumed since I walked in the door. The sky was clear and you could kind of make out a few stars, but not many thanks to the city lights.

I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and turned it back on. It instantly started vibrating with text messages. Most of them from Harry but a few were from Eleanor and even one from Louis. I skimmed through El’s first.

Ur right, he is a wanker.

Lou and I yelled at him for u. ur welcome.

How’s the party?


Then the one from Louis; I apologize on behalf of my mate. He’s a nob sometimes. Just… give him a break.

I scoffed at that. Give him a break? I didn’t even do anything! I rolled my eyes as I opened Harry’s thread. Thanks for sicking Eleanor on me. I’m sorry alright. I scoffed. The way he said that made it seem like he was only apologizing because Eleanor told him too. There were more messages after that;

Come on Kenny, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said what I did.

Are you just going to ignore me…

Kennedy, dammit come on! I didn’t mean it. I was just being a dick. Bad day. I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.

Fine. You can stay mad at me. Just let me know you get home okay please


He had a lot of nerve. Like he could just call me a slag for no reason and expect it to be fine because he lamely says sorry after my best friend yells at him. Twat.

I scoffed and shoved my phone back in my pocket. I leaned my head back against the house and let my mind run through all the things I’d like to see happen to Harry Styles. Maybe pushing him into a speeding double-decker bus would be cool to see.

I was thinking about a few more when someone tripped over my feet, and a full cup of beer splashed down into my lap. I was frozen as I stared down at the, now empty, plastic cup in my lap. “I am soooo sorry!” the girl above me slurred.

I looked up and smiled weakly, “It’s fine.”

“I wasn’t looking and I didn’t see you and-”

“It’s fine,” I cut her off as I stood up. She was getting hysterical, and I really didn’t want to deal with a whiny drunk girl as cheep beer soaked into my jeans and skin.

“There you- whoa, what happened?” Alfie asked as he walked up.

“I accidently dropped my beer!” the drunk girl squealed loudly. “I’m sorry!”

I huffed, “I said it was fine. No harm done.”

Alfie grabbed my arm gently, “Come on, I should have some clothes up in Jax’s room.”

As he pulled me away the drunk girl shrieked her apology again, causing me to roll my eyes.
“I leave you along for 10 minutes,” Alfie tisked as he pulled us up the stairs, “And you almost drown in beer.”

“I don’t need you to get dramatic on me too,” I whined.

He smirked over his shoulder at me as we walked down the dark hallway. I’ve never been to the upstairs before so I had no idea whose room he lead me too. He opened the door at the end of the hallway and flipped the light on before shutting the door behind us.

I looked around at the room in front of me; There were clothes all over the floor, and posters of half naked girls and bands I’ve never heard of like Pianos Become The Teeth and Tigers Jaw all over the wall.

A bunk bed was in front of me against the wall. It was one of those with a pullout futon as the bottom bunk, which was pulled out with a comforter balled on it in the corner. “Who’s room is this?” I asked as he walked over to the dresser and started rummaging in it.

“Jax’s. But I crash on the futon whenever I stay over.” He walked back over and handed me a pair of joggers and a black La Dispute shirt, “Here, the joggers are a bit snug on me so they should fit you.”
“Thanks,” I said as I took them. I smirked up at him, “Cover your eyes, yeah?”

He rolled his eyes playfully but backed up and placed his hand over his eyes. I turned myself around for good measure and pulled my shirt off before I started pealing my beer soaked tight jeans down. “Whoa, is that a tramp stamp?”

I scoffed as I pulled on his joggers, “I told you to cover your eyes!”

“And you knew I wasn’t going to listen.” He was closer than I thought. I felt his fingertips graze my lower back as I pulled on the shirt. He lifted the back of it up to look at my tattoo. It was a cluster of stars that I got on a whim 2 years ago. I always forgot it was there until someone pointed it out. “How punk rock of you Kenny.”

I scoffed and turned around, “Don’t make fun of me.”

He smirked down at me as I glared up at him. His eyes were a bit red and glazed over from the alcohol and his cheeks had a permanent blush. He kinked an eyebrow, “I’m not making fun of you. I’m just offended you never told me you had such a sexy tattoo.”

My stomach turned when he said the word sexy, “Well you’ve never asked.”

It was like he’d gotten even closer to me without me noticing. He had that mischievous look in his eye, and I felt his left hand slowly grab onto my hip. “Do you got anymore?” he said softly. His warm breath fanned across my face, smelling of beer as I’m sure mine did too.

“No,” I shook my head not breaking eye contact.

He hummed, “That’s too bad.”

I think I can blame the alcohol in my system, or the way Alfie was looking at me like he knew I wanted it, with his face so close to mine. Or maybe it was the way he breathed out my full name. “Kennedy” all husky and attractive. But one minute he was smirking at me like I was the most amusing thing he’s ever seen, then the next I’m inching up on my toes, grabbing his neck and pulling his lips to mine.

I’d be lying if I said I never imagined what it would be like to kiss Alfie. He had those perfect kissable lips and as I’ve mentioned before; he was really fit.

He was kissing me back with as much intensity as I was using to kiss him, like he had nothing to lose, which I guess he didn’t. His fingertips digging into my hips pulling me against his as my hands pushed behind his neck and into the back of his hair. His tongue swept against my lips and I opened them to him as his tongue mingled with mine.

I was the one that took the few steps back and pulled us onto the futon. Pulling him down on me as he braced himself up and his forearms.

All rational thought was gone. I wasn’t thinking about how drunk I was and if either of us would regret these actions. As he slid his fingers down my side, I wasn’t thinking about how Harry probably had a right to call me a slag, after all he so called this didn’t he?

The only thing I was thinking of as I let Alfie hike my knee up so my leg wrapped around his waist was just this moment. How good it felt to have his weight on me, how he rotated his hips against mine, how amazing he was at kissing. Seriously, he may have been better than Zayn’s which was saying something because I loved the way he had kissed me.

That’s what did it. The thought of Zayn was the thing that snapped me back into reality. I pushed against Alfie’s chest and out lips smacked apart and he was looking down at me with as his panted, “What?”

“We shouldn’t be doing this.”

He scrunched his brow in confusion, “Why not?”

I sighed as I pushed him off of me completely. He rolled onto his side next to me, “Because we’re drunk, and friends. Plus I’m like, still hung up on Zayn and I don’t want to lead you on or hurt you or-”

“Kennedy, take a breath,” he cut me off. “First of all, I’m not that drunk. And we’re just kissing, I’m not asking you to marry me. I don’t expect anything to come out of this.”

He looked so carefree in this moment while I was internally freaking out. “But… what?”

He shrugged as he ran a hand through his hair which was already all over the place thanks to my fingers, “I know you’re still hung up on Zayn. That’s kind of why I let you kiss me.”

“Really?” I squeaked out.

“Look, here’s the deal,” he sat up. “I’m attracted to you but I also don’t want to ruin our friendship. But if you need someone to just… get lost in for a night, or don’t want to feel lonely…” he shrugged, “Or you just want someone to make out with- because we’re human and we’re young, it happens! I’m down to be your guinea pig, no strings attached. Plus you’re a good kisser, I’ll enjoy this too.” He reached over and pushed a piece of hair out of my face, “Or this can just be a free, one night, make out pass. It’s up to you.”

That was the thing about Alfie, he was completely low maintained and was cool with just going with the flow. He was willing to let me use him to get over this Zayn thing. I was intrigued and a bit nervous about it. The last thing I wanted to do was do to someone what Zayn did to me. But the way he was looking at me, like he honestly didn’t care what I decided made it seem like he really did have no ulterior motives. He was just down to make out if I wanted too.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, “Okay.”

He lifted his eyebrow, “Okay? To which part?”

I shrugged, “I don’t know, we’ll just see what happens.”

Then I slowly rolled over, pushing him against the futon mattress and reattached my lips to his.

*****

I don’t remember when we fell asleep but I woke up to Jackson shaking Alfie awake, “I’m sorry, but do me a favor and sleep somewhere else? Zoey is ready tonight mate.”

Alfie sighed next to me as he rubbed the sleep from his face, “Fine. Ken-”

“I’m awake,” I said sitting up.

Jax smiled apologetically at me, “Sorry about this Dee.”

“It’s fine Jax. Use protection though, yeah?”

“Have any left ?” he smirked looking down at the pile of clothes where I left them after I changed.

Alfie shoved his arm, “Shut up, she got beer spilled on her.” He pulled on his boots as I slipped back into my vans and grabbed my damp clothes. I checked my phone and it was a little after 4 in the morning. “You owe me,” Alfie declared as he grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door. We passed Zoey on out way out the door. She was leaning against the wall across from the door with a lazy smile as she waved us goodbye.

The party was pretty much dead. There were people passed out of the couch and the floor looking like they just passed out where they landed. “Come on,” Alfie said pulling me out of the house, “I’ll take you home.”

“Thanks.”

He chuckled, and put an arm around my shoulder, pulling me into him as we walked to his car. “We’re okay right? Like, you’re not gonna get weird on me because we made out on a futon for a while yeah?”

My lips were still raw from however long we laid their making out. “No, we’re fine,” and I meant that. I didn’t want anything to change between Alfie and I. He’s really been there for me over the past few weeks and I didn’t want some meaningless kisses, admittedly amazing kisses, to change anything.

He kissed the top of my head before opening the passenger door for me, “Good.”
♠ ♠ ♠
13 pages! i think that deserves some feedback yeah?
no one comments and tells me their thoughts anymore!

this is probably my favorite chapter so far, even though 1D was a big absent. I have a crush on Alfie, sue me!

so here is a reference on who i loosely based Alfie and his band mates after.
Alfie
Jackson "Jax"
Tommy
Abel

and i still have no idea what Kennedy looks like. I've tried so hard to picture her in my mind but she keeps changing. uuuuugh

oh and i noticed that for some reason the subtitles int he chapter, the words run together. yeah, i have NO idea how to fix that. i've tried many times now and i give up.