Status: Hopefully I'll be able to update soon! Coming within the next week!

If and When We Don't Take Medication

Chapter Seven- Chicago

Nicole is let off at Chicago, dragging her things off the train, along with everyone else. She takes her things up the cement steps and out into the real world. She texts Patrick to tell him she is outside the train station and is wait to meet him when she sees him walk around the corner headed straight for her.
“Hey,” he smiles as he walks up to her.
“Hi,” she blushes and Patrick notices.
“C’mon,” he says, leading her on foot to the hotel. She carries and stumbles with her few bags and Patrick finally stops. “Let me help,” he smiles, taking her computer bag.
“Thank you,” Nicole sighs with relief. She walks more comfortably as they head to the hotel. It is a few blocks away, and they walk them all. They get there about a half an hour after Nicole came into Chicago. Patrick opens the hotel room door with his own key and all the guys are in there. Nicole stands there awkwardly while she holds her guitars and bags. “Hi,” she says shyly.
“Hey!” They exclaim, standing up and mauling her. She stumbles back and her back presses against the door. Nicole gasps for air as the three men push on her lungs. They all chuckle and help remove her bags. Andy sets her guitars in a corner and Joe put her back-pack and duffle bag next to the couch.
“You’re rooming with me tonight. And Patrick, sadly,” Pete smiles flirtatiously as he told Nicole what is going on, “the crew is sleeping in two separate rooms and Andy and Joe are sleeping in one room. After this concert, we’ll have 5 rooms instead of four, because there are 9 people instead of 8.”
“Whatever,” Nicole sighs, slightly moving Pete out of her way. She walked over to Patrick, who was setting her computer bag on the ground next to her stuff. “Thanks for picking me up,” she smiles, resting her hand lightly on Patrick’s bent back.
“No problem,” he smiles back, standing up straight. Nicole removes her hand and sits on the couch. Soon enough, Andy scoops her up and swings her around like she is a doll.
“Omigosh, Andy!” she squeals. Andy sets her down and again, they all dog pile her, Patrick joining. Nicole is at the bottom but she seems to find a way out and crawls to safety as the men tussle on the floor. After a moment, they realize that she isn’t under there anymore and Joe sees her standing up with her arms folded. Nicole tries to hold back a smile but it escapes and she is flashing her teeth in a broad smile. Fall Out Boy smiles innocent smiles back. Nicole looks at her watch; it is a little before six in the evening. “Now what?” she asks.
“Wanna go out to eat?” Patrick asks.
“Sure,” Nicole smiles softly. She opens the door and stands outside for a moment while the three men slip on their shoes.
“Let’s go,” Pete smirks, linking his arm into Nicole’s. Nicole laughs and deals with it for a little while. They all walk downstairs, chit-chatting, and head outside. They walk a short ways to a Pizza place. Patrick pulls out a chair for Nicole when they walk in but Pete takes it. He gives Nicole an apologetic look as she sits down besides Pete and Andy while Patrick sits next to Joe. They all decide on a large, deep-dish meat-lovers pizza with a single vegan pizza for Andy. The four split the large pizza and Andy pays for his own pizza. The two pizzas come quickly and the men dig in. Nicole takes a slice a eats and eats it at her own pace, finishing it when the guys finish the whole entire pizza.

Nicole’s POV
“That was good,” I smile, wiping my mouth with a napkin. “That was the first pizza I’ve ever had from Chicago.”
“Really?” they all ask me, shocked.
“Yeah, this is the first time I’ve ever been to Chicago. So, it’s gotta be the first Chicagoan pizza for me as well,” I laugh, making the others laugh. We head out, leaving a tip and travel back to the hotel. It’s only seven. We pile into Patrick, Pete, and my room, laughing.
“Do you like Chicago?” Patrick asks me.
“Yeah, I do,” I smile at him. I glare at Pete as he settles his around my shoulders. He ignores me and pulls me in closer to him. I let out an annoyed sigh. Andy and Joe sit on the floor while Patrick, Pete and I sit on the couch. Andy turns on the T.V to the news.
“Nothing else is on,” he mutters and I laugh.
“What’s your favorite thing to do at home?” Pete asks me.
I look at him and respond, “Write. Anything, really. I’ll write stories and music and lyrics. I write everything.”
“Second?”
“Go online when I can. My boyfriend and I don’t see much of each other anymore, so we talk on Facebook all the time.”
“Oh,” he chuckles nervously.
“Yeah, oh,” I laugh, poking him in the stomach. Patrick glances at me softly and I blush.

We chill out in the room until two in the morning. We had watched T.V, played video games, talks, and recorded videos. Andy and Joe finally say goodnight and leave Pete, Patrick and I to ourselves. I stand up as the two guys leave, closing the door behind them and heading to the bathroom. After, I wash my hands and brush my teeth, coming back to Patrick and Pete five minutes later.
“I’m gonna change and go to bed,” I smile.
“Are you sleeping on the couch or the bed?” Pete asks me.
“Bed, probably.”
“I call—“ Pete starts.
“You two can rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock over who gets the couch. Or play MK. I don’t care. Goodnight,” I say, grabbing my bags and taking them into the bedroom. I change into my PJs and climb into the bed. I curl up and close my eyes.

About ten minutes later, someone opens the door. I only see their silhouette because all the lights are off in the hotel room. They climb in on the other side and don’t really touch me.
“Hi, Patrick,” I give a sigh of relief.
“Hey,” he mumbles.
“What’d you win?”
“Mario Kart.”
“I expected that,” I chuckle and he laughs. He rolls over to look at me in the dark. I see the reflection in his eyes from the light outside of the room. I smile softly and rub his arm. “I still can’t believe I’m here,” I sigh.
“Why not?”
“I’ve been in love with Fall Out Boy since I was little, and now I’m part of the band? For me, it’s just a dream. I’m in the same bed as Patrick Stump.”
“It’s not a dream,” he tells me, leaning in close to me and kissing my cheek.
“Are you sure?” I smile and he leans in for my lips. He kisses me softly, his breath minty.
“Yeah, it’s not a dream,” I smile, rolling onto my back. After a minute, I roll onto my side again, facing Patrick. I feel his hand brush my side softly, like he is petting me. I fall asleep to the strokes soon enough.

Patrick’s POV
I wake up and see Nicole sleeping besides me. I stand up and feel sick, quickly heading to the bathroom to throw up. I come out and brush my teeth, getting the taste off my tongue. I get this insane migraine that feels like someone is shooting me in my head. Every sound and essence of light stings. Nicole comes out shortly after, shutting the door quietly. She sees the door cracked open to the bathroom.
“Patrick?” she asks, not near soft enough. I cringe, wanting to vomit again. I lean over the toilet and my stomach heaves. “What’s wrong?” she walks over to me, kneeling down and rubbing my back. The lights are still off in here.
“I dunno,” I cough, throwing up acid. Nicole tolerates it, rubbing my back and kissing my head.
“Do you have a headache?”
“Yeah…A migraine, I think.”
“Hey, it’s alright,” she says in a whisper as I dry-heave over and over again. It feels like I’m going to throw up my stomach next. She stands up and opens a cupboard to find cleaning alcohol and a brand-new thermometer. She pours the alcohol over the thermometer in the sink and rinses it off. She sticks it in my mouth and waits for it to give a temperature.
“It’s 103.7.”
“What?” I breath out, trying to vomit again. I feel her hand press against my forehead but all I see is blurry vision.
“You’re going to the hospital.”