Status: In Progress

Boys With Tattoos

.19

Donna.

I woke up the next day at two in the afternoon to find myself alone in the house. Courtney still wasn't back yet and Suzy was at work. A groan escaped my lips as I poured myself a bowl of cereal. I ate in the living room, while looking for something to watch on TV. I laughed out loud when I found Boy Meets World on.

Courtney loves that show with a passion. She would always compare our lives to that show. She would say that she was the main character, Cory Matthews, and I was Shawn Hunter, his best friend. We would spend hours watching this show in her living room.

I started to feel like a shitty friend. I can't believe I even thought about leaving my best friend. All because I wanted to run away from my problems.

The front door opened and shut. I continued watching the show and eating my cereal, figuring it was Suzy home early.

"You're watching Boy Meets World without me?"

I smiled, setting the bowl on the coffee table, "Well get your ass over here and watch it with me."

Courtney walked over and sat on the couch next to me, "The show will have to wait. We gotta talk."

I frowned, knowing it was because of my phone conversation with Brian last night. I was probably going to get the longest lecture from her, but hey, that's just who she is. I shut the TV and leaned into the couch, preparing myself.

"Your Mom and my Dad are dating."

That wasn't what I was expecting, "What?" I laughed, not being able to control myself.

Courtney rolled her eyes, "Donna, it's not funny!"

I smiled, "Aw, c'mon! We knew it would happen eventually. They're both single parents and they're friends."

"So that's it? You're okay with them being together?" Courtney asked confusedly.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, aren't you?"

"No," She started off, taking a deep breath, "I mean, of course I want my Dad to be happy, but-"

"You don't want to lose him." I said, knowing exactly where this was going. I let a long sigh out, "Courtney, remember that one time in seventh grade you got upset because your Dad was helping me on a school project for shop class?" She nodded and I continued, "You got so jealous and you were afraid that I was going to take him away from you, so what did you do?"

Courtney started to relive the memory, "I ran away from home and I got lost, somewhere in Detroit."

I smiled, remembering what came next, "Then your Dad found out and dropped me like a fly and went looking for you."

She smiled, "Yeah and he told me that no matter what, I would always be his top priority in his life."

"See? Just because he has a girlfriend right now, doesn't mean that will change."

Courtney's smile faded, "Oh my god, I'm an idiot."

I grinned, "Yeah, you are, but that's what makes you, you."

We sat there for a minute in silence when she slapped me on the back of the head. I groaned, "Ow, you bitch! What was that for?" I rubbed my head.

She smirked, "For even thinking about leaving me here by myself."

I chuckled, "Yeah, I deserved that. I'm sorry dude."

"It's fine, you came back." Her smirk turned into a smile.

"Yeah, I did. I just can't believe you actually flew to Michigan to bring me back. Am I really that special?" I teased.

She hit my arm, "Shut up. I did it for Brian too," She started to glare at me, "Speaking of Brian.. Friends? That's it? The guy flew to Michigan for you and that's all you want be is friends?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Court, this is new to me, ya know? It's the first time I'm not pushing the guy away. I just want to take it slow. Being friends with him right now is the only thing I can do without running away or pushing him away."

Courtney smiled, "Well, it's a start."

"What? No lecture?"

A laugh escaped her lips, "Well on second thought-"

The front door opened, "Courtney! You're back?"

We both rolled our eyes, "In the living room!"

Suzy emerged into the living room, "Hey, how was the flight?"

Courtney shrugged, "Eh, not too bad."

She smiled, "Good, I wanted to see if you girls wanted to do some girl time? We can go shopping, go out to eat, and just get to know each other more."

A chuckle escaped my lips when Courtney's nose scrunched up at 'shopping'. Suzy looked lost, "Did I miss something?"

Courtney sighed, "I don't like shopping.."

Suzy smiled, "Oh, we can do something else-"

I cut her off, "No, shopping is fine. I've been here a month and haven't even gone to the mall yet."

"I was hoping to keep it that way." Courtney muttered.

That made me nudge her, "C'mon, dude. It'll be fun!"

She looked between Suzy and I, who were smiling, trying to convince her. She rolled her eyes, "Fine, but don't take five hours in the shoe store."

I smiled, "Scouts honor."

It was going on hour two in the mall and I was having a blast. Courtney was surprisingly enjoying herself as well. Suzy bought us tons of stuff and we were really starting to like her.

"How about this one?" Suzy walked out of the dressing room, where a nice black cocktail dress.

Courtney and I looked at each, "That's the one!"

Suzy smiled, "Really? Do you think Brian will like it?"

"He will love it! You look hot!" Courtney exclaimed.

I agreed, "Definitely, he probably won't even make it through the dinner!" We all giggled like school girls talking about our first crush.

After shopping, we went to a nice restaurant to get some food. Once we were sitting in a booth, Suzy smiled at Courtney, "So did you have fun?"

Courtney nodded, playing with her fingers on the table, "Yeah, actually, I did. Thanks for all the stuff-"

I butted in, "Yeah ditto. You didn't have to buy all of that for us."

Suzy shrugged, "Hey, you're my daughter and my daughter's best friend, I think I have a right to spoil you two." I smiled and Courtney continued to stare at the table, making me think she had something on her mind.

I nudged her with my elbow, "What's wrong?"

She gave me a 'I-will-tell-you-later' look and I mentally hit myself, while sinking back into the booth. It had to be something with Matt.

Suzy caught the silent conversation we had, "What's up, Courtney?"

Courtney shrugged, "Nothing. Just thinking about things."

"Could these things have to do with a boy?" Suzy asked, with a grin forming.

Wow, she was good.

Courtney took a deep breath and let it out with a smile, "Yeah, yeah it is."

Suzy got extremely excited over this, "Ooh! Tell me everything! I want details."

Courtney looked over at me for help, not really wanting to tell her anything, but it hit me. Courtney never had a Mom to gush to about boys. This is new to her, but it was also a chance to bond with her Mom. I wasn't going to let her pass that up.

I ignored Courtney's pleading eyes, "His name is Matt and she met him on our first day here." Courtney kicked my foot under the table, but I just stuck my tongue out at her.

Suzy clasped her hands together, "Aw! So are you guys like dating? When can I meet him?"

Courtney rubbed her forehead, "We're just taking things slow. Seeing where things go, so I don't think I'm ready for you to meet him yet."

That didn't phase Suzy one bit, "Aw, that's fine, so why are you down in the dumps? Did you guys have a fight?"

She shook her head and I just sat back, letting them two talk. They needed this. Courtney sighed, "He wants me to have dinner at his house and meet his family."

"Ah, so you're scared they won't like you." Suzy assumed.

Courtney nodded, "Yeah, I mean I'm not even ready for you to meet him, but he wants me to meet his parents already? He hasn't even asked me to be his girlfriend."

Suzy put her elbow on the table and rested her chin on her hand, "Would you like my advice?" Yes, Courtney has been wanting advice from her Mother since she was a kid. I decided to keep that to myself.

Courtney smiled, feeling good about this, "Yeah."

"Well, you already said you guys were taking things slow, so I think he wants you to meet his family before he makes it official. I bet you any money that by tonight he will ask you to be his girlfriend." Suzy concluded, making me smile. That was definitely better advice than I could have given her.

Courtney sighed, leaning back into the booth, "I'm scared, though."

Suzy gave a reassuring smile to her daughter, "Courtney, they will love you. The boyfriend's parents always love the girlfriend, sometimes even more than the boyfriend does. That's why most boyfriends don't take the girl home until he's serious about her."

Courtney relaxed a bit, "You really think he will ask me to be his girlfriend?"

Suzy laughed at this, "I know he will."

Finally, I spoke up, "How do you know so much about this kind of stuff?"

"Well, I am an actress and a director, so I've been in plenty of teenage love stories and even directed them."

Courtney became intrigued, "Wait, I thought you were an Actress just for commercials and stuff?"

Suzy smiled, "It started off that way in the beginning, but my agent thought I could do better with bigger roles. I was in two movies and I was on a TV show for five years. After that, I realized that I didn't like being in the spot light, so I tried out directing and I love it! Now, I only act when someone needs an extra."

I contain my smile, "So you're like famous?"

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah, but like I said, I don't like it. I rather do smaller roles and have no one know about me."

Courtney was still interested in this, "So, you said you direct. What are you directing now?"

Suzy looked back at Courtney, "I work for ABC, but right now, I've been directing a show called Home Improvement. You guys ever hear of it?"

We both nodded, but Courtney scrunched her nose up, "I don't like it that much."

"What kind of TV shows do you like then?"

I decided to answer this one for her, "Boy Meets World! She never misses an episode!"

Suzy smiled, like she was planning something. Courtney got confused, "What are you smiling at?"

She shook her head, "Nothing, I just thought I let you know that Boy Meets World gets taped right next door to Home Improvement."

Courtney and I squealed, "Get out!"

Suzy laughed, "I'm serious! ABC owns both shows, hence them being taped at ABC studios."

"How come you never told me this before?" Courtney exclaimed.

This made Suzy shrug her shoulders, "You never asked."

I smiled at Courtney, "Well, I think it's safe to say that you have the coolest Mom ever."

Courtney smiled at Suzy, "Yeah, I do."

Suzy returned the smile, "Well, I would have to say that I have the coolest daughter."

Our food came and we started eating, while keeping a light conversation going. Suzy finished her food up and stared at us. That "planning" stare again.

I put my fork down on the table, "Okay, that's it. What are you planning? You have that look in your eye, the same look that Courtney gets when she's planning something big."

Suzy smiled at the both of us, "Fine, I'll tell you. I know Boy Meets World is filming their sixth season now and I'm not sure if you ever noticed that there is a live audience in the show, but I think I might be able to get you girls tickets to the next taping, which would be next week."

Courtney dropped her fork on her plate along with her jaw, "Are you freaking serious right now?"

I was shocked as well, "So we would see the show in person?"

Suzy chuckled, "Yeah, but I'm not sure yet. I'll have to talk to the producers, because I know they only have a few episodes left to tape, which means they sell out of tickets like crazy. I'll try my very hardest to get you girls in that audience."

Courtney grinned, "That's the most amazing thing that anyone has ever done for me! Even if you can't get us there, I still appreciate the thought of trying."

Suzy shrugged her shoulders, "Like I said, you're my daughter and my daughter's best friend, I have a right to spoil you."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I need to clear some things up, the time frame in this story is in the 90's, but I just realized they don't have cell phones in the 90's, so they didn't text. So let's just let the phone thing slide, I mean this is fiction after all.

The year in the story right now is 1998.

This was sort of a filler chapter, but what did ya think?

Are any of my commenters Boy Meets World fans? If so, then you'll love how I incorperate BMW in the story in later chapters.

Next chapter: Courtney meets Matt's family. Donna and Brian get more closer.

Please let me hear your thoughts! (: