Sequel: Exposed
Status: This is about Alec, Layla and Kyle from my 'Summer ended a long time ago' story ;)

Somebody or Nobody?

If you would have asked me to

As Dany stood in front of Alec her heart was pounding. He looked so cool, sitting on the bed with a guitar in his slim hands. Alec seemed to become more beautiful every year, now that he was sixteen he was already gorgeous.

"Alec?" She asked insecure.

"Yes." He replied not unfriendly, but without looking up.

"I wanted to tell you something."

He looked up now, as she closed the door behind her and leaned against it.

"Then tell me."

Suddenly, Alec thought, she almost looked like the old Dany again. The one that was always honest and without glitter.

"I am in love with you!" she spit it out like it was poison.

"Oh…" he said dumbstruck for a second. "Then I'm sorry, but I don't return it."

"Of course not." she smiled bitterly. "You changed your mind ever since they took you in."

"What is that supposed to mean?" he said with a sudden anger.

"I know you once did return it. But ever since you could get the people you think better of you abandoned me."

"I didn't, I asked you to sit with us." He accused her of lying.

"What would that have been like, they would all have been nasty."

"You don't seem to think that way now, now that they took you in. Now you are all glitter, lipgloss and shoe-talk."

"I DID THAT FOR YOU! So you would notice me again!" she yelled with tears in her eyes.

At that Alec was swept of his feet. What was he to do. She had changed herself to something she thought he would like better.

"There was no need…" He finally said. "…I would have liked you the way you are. I would have stayed with you, had lunch with you, even kissed you…if you would have asked me to."

At that she fell totally silent and fell on her knees. She was crying, Alec realised. She was crying for him. And she didn't even try to hide it. He smiled tender at the sight and walked up to her.

"Just be the way you are, I like you best that way." he smiled, as he lifted her chin up and kissed her softly.