‹ Prequel: She's Not Afraid

Same Mistakes

A drop in the ocean

I had only seen the boys a few times since they got back, so I was really excited to have a whole week with them.

“We’re totally having a movie night sometime during this trip!” Harry said looking over the back of his seat at me. We were on the privet plane, so everyone had big plush comfortable seats scattered about. We’d been only a few hours on our trip and quiet had settled about the plan, people sleeping, or atching a movie quietly.

“Sure Harry,” I smiled. “Sounds fun.”

He nodded in confirmation before turning and settling in his seat. Liam leaned over and grabbed my legs, settling them over his lap. “I thought movie nights were our thing.”

I settled against him to get more comfortable. I was settled more in his lap than my own at this point. “It is our thing, but Harry and I did it on tour too.”

“Awesome,” he sighed.

I turned to look up at him. He looked vaguely annoyed but mostly tired, “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, I just want to spend the time I can with you on this trip.” He was speaking in a hushed tone to keep our conversation between us. With how close we were anything more than a whisper wasn’t needed anyway.

I kissed the underside of his jaw, “And you will. No one said movie night with Harry couldn’t include you. Don’t be jealous,” I joked.

“You have kissed him,” he grumbled.

“Wow really?” I pulled my head off his shoulder to look at him clearly.

“Really.”

“What’s wrong with you?”

“Nothing. Just don’t feel comfortable with you spending time alone with someone you’ve made out with.”

“Okay, you’re being ridiculous. For one, you’ve never brought this up before so I don’t know where this is coming from. Two, I’ve never once given you a reason not to trust me and neither has Harry. The kiss meant nothing. And if you really want to bring up things that happened forever ago, we can discuss what you were doing that morning,” I shot as I completely pulled myself off his lap.

I’ve never seen Jealous Liam before, and I didn’t like it. Especially when he was acting like this because of Harry. There was nothing there, and there never would be and he knew that. I was more offended that he obviously didn’t trust me.

“There is a difference you know,” he said after a long awkward moment.

“What?”

“I may have slept with someone, but she wasn’t one of your best friends. We weren’t even together then.” He looked so pissed off, this came out of nowhere and I felt completely blindsided by it.

“Exactly Liam,” I hissed. “We weren’t together then, and I told you it happened! I’m sorry I kissed your best friend, but I can’t go back and change it now. You know I was all screwed up over whatever we were, or weren’t and I just acted on impulse. I’m sorry, okay? I wish it hadn’t happened, but it did and I’m owning up to it. You’re not getting another apology for it. You’re being ridiculous.” I got up and headed for the bathroom. I didn’t have to go, but I just needed to step away from him for a moment before I punched him.

I stood in the tiny bathroom for a few minutes until I wasn’t as annoyed as I was when I came in here. Instead of going back to my seat next to Liam, I sat next to Zayn who was deep into a book. “Hey.”

“Sup?” I asked as he booked marked his page before closing it. “You doing all right?”

I shrugged as I leaned into the chair, “I wish Perrie could have come.”

“If I had it my way, she’d never leave my side,” he smiled. “But she’s busy on her way to taking over the world you know.”

I laughed, “You’re so whipped.”

“I’m not even sorry about it. I’m already counting the hours until I get back to her.”

“You guys are sickeningly cute,” I fake gagged.

He crushed up his nose to make a face at me, “I love you too Jazmin.” Something across the plane got his attention and he waved, “You’re boyfriends waiting for you.”

I glanced over and saw Liam’s head popped up over the seats looking at us. He looked like a wounded puppy before he fell back into his seat. “He’s probably making sure I’m not trying to kiss you,” I shot.

“Um, what?” He looked both amused and confused.

“Nothing,” I sighed. “We’re just… bickering,” I couldn’t think of another word for it. Fighting seemed too harsh.

Zayn chuckled, “Finally out of the honeymoon stage then?”

“Looks like it,” I shrugged.

“Don’t be too hard on him Jaz. He’s been through a lot emotionally over the last year and a half. I’m not excusing whatever he did to piss you off, but just go easy on him, yeah?”

I sighed, “Yeah. I know.” I glanced over in the direction of where Liam was, “I should go back then.”

He patted my knee, “You’ll be alright.”

I patted his hand back before I got up and walked up the aisle. As soon as I sat down, Liam was on me. “I’m sorry,” he pulled me against him as he whispered his apologies in my ear. “That was shit, I didn’t mean it. I’m just tired and I took my mood out on you and that was wrong.” He peppered kisses down my jaw and neck and I let him. I’m putty in his hands whenever he touches me and it was almost a problem. Almost. “I trust you. I really do. You can hang out with whoever you want. I’m a twat, I’m sorry.”

I curled into his touch and he tried to kiss my lips but I paused, “Wait.” I braced my hands against his chest. “I need to know, are you really bothered by what happened with Harry? It was nothing, you have to know that.”

“I know. I wish it didn’t happen, but I’m not bothered by it, promise. I just… I guess I just can’t help but start fights sometimes.”

“Well you should not do that. You have no reason to be bothered by things like that. I want you, I’m with you. No one else is even a blip on my radar. There’s no one else on my mind but you Li. No one.” I wanted to say that four letter word but it wouldn’t come to the surface. All I could do was reassure him with my words and hope he could read it in my eyes.

He dropped his forehead to mine, “You’re one of the most important things in my life Jaz. I just get anxious.”

“I know.” I leaned in and pressed my lips to his in a lingering kiss. “But you shouldn’t be. I’m yours, okay?”

He nodded slowly before he pressed his lips to mine again. We kissed slowly for a few minutes before we pulled apart, still aware that we were on a plane with a bunch of people. “Do you wanna watch a movie?” he asked as he pulled me completely into his lap.

“Yeah, okay.”

*****

By the time we landed in New York it was reaching 3 in the morning. We were all ushered through the surprising number of paps for how early it was and fans to the awaiting SUV’s as quickly as possible. I was exhausted and was so ready to sleep. I huddled into Liam’s side as we drove towards the hotel, nodding in and out of sleep.

“Babe, we’re getting McDonalds, do you want anything?” he whispered into my ear, waking me at one point.

“Nuggets,” I said not even opening my eyes. He chucked into my hair before pressing a kiss there.
The ride was a blur, that’s how tired I was. I remember practically shoving my food into my mouth as we rolled away from the drive threw, but passed out again right after.

“Baby, you gotta wake up, we’re at the hotel,” Liam said as he shook me awake again. “I’d carry you, but there are some paps around.”

I groaned as I sat up. I rubbed at my face and eyes to wake myself up more. We were the last people in the SUV, everyone else must have gotten out already. There were 2 body guards outside of the car waiting for us and a small gathering of photographers not too far away. “Okay, I’m awake.”

The paps’s were more relaxed and polite than the ones at the airport were and I was grateful. I was too tired to deal with anymore. The lift ride up to our floor felt like it took hours. I practically fell asleep again standing up against Liam. “I should shower,” I mumbled as he ushered us into the room. “I feel gross after the long plane ride.”

“You can take one first, I’ll go after you.”

I stripped my shirt off in the middle of the room. I was a little bit more awake now, “Or you can just take one with me?”

I watched as he turned in my direction, smiling sheepishly at me, “Really?”

I hummed as I crossed the room and wrapped my arms around his waist. I nipped his neck playfully, “I’m tired, but I’m always in the mood for you,” I purred in what I hope was a sexy whisper.

He chuckled, “You’re cheeky tonight.” He kissed across my jaw.

“Yeah well,” I reached down and undid his belt, “even though jealous Liam was kind of annoying, he was kind of a turn on as well.”

He scoffed a laugh, “I should piss you off more often then.”

“Just not on a plane next time.”
♠ ♠ ♠
i didn't even bother to edit this at all, so bare with me here.

so, there's probably like 2 chapters left of this. originally i had planned for it to be well into 20 chapters, but i'm just burnt out.
idk if it's the plot of this story or what, but i've lost all motivation for it, so i'm sorry to say this, but i'm cutting it short.
i wont' leave you hanging though, and i'll tie up all the lose ends and make it a nice ending.
but i am sorry that this didn't go the way i had originally planned.

i'm just exhausted with writing lately and all i want to do is focus on Fear of Flying and then after that... well who knows. I want to write another but i can't promise anything at this point.

so for the few of you still reading this, i'm sorry but i hope you enjoy the last chapters!

sandrashamelessfics.tumblr.com/