‹ Prequel: She's Not Afraid

Same Mistakes

I need you so much closer, so come on, come on

I was pulled out of my slumber by the feeling of Liam’s lips ghost across my shoulder blades. His fingers floated down my arm slowly to my thigh, than back up again. When I felt his nose ticket the skin at my neck my heart rate picked up and goosebumps slowly spread across my naked body under the sheet.

I slowly rolled onto my back, and he continued to kiss across my collarbone and chest, “How long have I been asleep?”

He hummed, “’bout an hour.”

I groaned as he pulled me against him more. I could see the faint glow of grey, 5 in the morning, sunlight peaking through the curtains. But I was only able to focus on that for a second because Liam’s lips and hands on me was the most distracting thing I’ve ever had to deal with. His hand was at my hip and his thumb stroked my skin slowly, I felt on fire under his touch. His lips trailed back up to my neck, to my jaw before he placed a slow kiss on my lips. “God I missed you,” I whispered into his mouth.

“I missed you too Jaz,” he said kissing my cheek, then my jaw. Oh Jesus his lips were killing me and my heart beat got even faster it felt like.

“I can’t breathe,” I sighed.

He sat up looking down at me concerned, “What?”

“I just,” I took a deep breath, “My heart is beating so fast right night and it’s making me, you’re making me, feel faint.”

He smirked slowly, brushing some hair away from my face, “Are you saying I take your breath away?”

I laughed awkwardly and tried to hide my face in his chest, “Maybe, I guess so.”

His hand came up and caressed my shoulder, “This is so cool.”

“What?” I huffed into his chest.

“Well I apparently take your breath away and I can make you get the chills just by a simple touch. Why Jazmin Medina, I’d say you might have a crush on me.”

I smacked his chest, “Stop.” This was seriously embarrassing.

He chuckled, “Okay, fine.”

I came out of hiding and rested my head on the pillow next to his. He had a lazy smile on his face and his arms pulled at my waist to get me even closer to him. I let my hand trail up around his neck and slowly pushed my hands into his hair that had grown a lot since I last saw him. His eyes shut as I did so and I too, noticed goosebumps cascade down his body. I smiled at the thought that I had the same effect on him that he had on me.

It’s so crazy, like, I knew I missed him but I didn’t grasp how much until he was right in front of me again. It’s like the ache I had for him got stronger instead of disappearing. Like, being here, in this bed with him, pressed up against his chest- wasn’t close enough. It was a jarring thought, that I just needed him so much closer somehow. “You know what’s weird?” I asked softly. He hummed for me to continue as he opened his eyes again and met mine. “I just…” I sighed, “I’m gonna sound so mental right now but, okay. It’s just like, I’m practically on top of you right now, but it’s not enough. Even when we were having sex, you weren’t close enough to me somehow. It sounds so weird to say it out loud. This is like a whole new level of missing someone!” I exasperated. “It’s freaking me out!”
He chuckled, “Okay, first of all- breathe Jazmin.” I let out the breath I didn’t know I was holding, and took a deep breath slowly. “Second, I know exactly what you’re feeling, because I feel the same way babe.”

I can only imagine how red my face got, “Really?”

“Yes, you knob head!” he chuckled, “Why do you think I forced you to be my girlfriend.”

“Force isn’t a word I would use,” I mumbled. “I would have groveled eventually.”

He smiled, his eyes crinkling a bit. That was my favorite thing, when his eyes squinted up because his smile was so big. It was probably one of my favorite things about him honestly. He caressed his thumb across my cheekbone, “You looked knackered.”

“I’m exhausted.”

“I didn’t mean to wake you, I just couldn’t help myself.” He looked so… adorable when he was embarrassed. I’d say you all should experience an adorably embarrassed Liam Payne, but no, I don’t like sharing.

“As far as being woken up goes, that was probably one of the best ways.” Morning sex is better, but I think that goes without saying.

“We can stay in bed all day,” he said as he rolled onto his back, pulling me with him so I was on his chest.

“Or all weekend,” I sighed into him, getting comfortable.

“Don’t you have to work?”

“I can get out of it. I don’t think you could convince me to move until at least Monday,” I mumbled. I could feel myself drifting back into slumber.

“I like the sound of that actually.”

“But I demand you make me waffles in a few hours.”

He chuckled, jostling be against his chest, “I can do that.”

“Naked.”

*****

The next time I woke up it was around noon. The sun was way brighter and streaming through the cracks in the curtains. I rubbed at my face to wake myself up a little more and stretched. Liam’s arm that was thrown across my waist tightened a bit at my movements. I turned to him, he was on his stomach, dead asleep still. He looked so… young when he was asleep.

I slipped out from under his grasp to head to the bathroom. I grabbed my knickers and his shirt off the floor and slipped them on as I went.

I went to the living room to quickly grab my overnight bag before going to the bathroom. I did my business, brushed my hair and brushed my teeth before I quietly walked back into Liam’s room. He had rolled onto his back now, his lips parted slightly. I smiled at the sight before I patted my way over to the bed.

I threw one leg over his waist, careful to straddle him so he wouldn’t wake up, yet. I leaned down and snuggled into his neck and placed small kisses all over. “Liam,” I whispered into his ear. “Liam, wake up, I’m hungry.”

He hummed sleepily, but I felt his hands move to my bare thighs, “What time is it,” he said through the thickness of sleep.

“Almost 12:30 in the afternoon.”

“Too early.”

I giggled before I sat up, placing my hands on his chest, “But you promised me waffles.”

I watched as he yawned. He arched his back in a stretch which just arched his pelvis up into mine. His hands were back at my thighs then. “You look nice in my shirt,” he smiled lazily.

“Thanks,” I beamed.

His hands traveled up a bit but stopped when they brushed against my panties, “Aw,” he pouted, “You’re wearing knickers again. No fair.”

I pulled his hands out from under the shirt and laced his fingers with mine, “I’d love to take them off again. But I’d like a waffle or two first.”

He sat up, his hands dropping from mine to wrap around me in a hug, “I guess I can make you breakfast.”

“Lunch really, but yes,” I sassed. I stood up, pulling him behind me.

“Wait, let me grab my boxers!”

I pouted, “I said naked!”

“Well you’re not naked,” he said as he pulled up his boxers, “it’s only fair. Plus, there’s windows everywhere!

“Fine, that’s a good point. Now come on Payne-o. Time for food!”

We got into the kitchen and he started pulling things out to make waffles and I walked over and grabbed the kettle off of the stove.

Moving about the kitchen around each other as he made waffles and I made tea was very… domestic and I was honestly shocked I wasn’t freaked out about it. “How do you like your tea?”

“Um… with a lot of sugar.”

I gave him a long glance, “Like, how much is a lot?”

“Like, spoonfuls.”

I scoffed, “That completely ruins tea!”

“You sound like Louis.”

“Well he would know, he’s the king of tea in your band.”

He shrugged, “I’m just not a huge tea fan.”

I gasped dramatically, “That’s completely un-British of you!”

“Sue me,” he said and poked my side.

I squirmed away from him and grabbed the sugar and set it and his tea next to him and the waffle iron, “Here, you can ruin your tea yourself.”

He smiled before leaned over and kissing my cheek, “Thanks love.” I pulled myself on the counter next to him and sipped my tea. I tried not to cringe as I watched him spoon a god awful amount of sugar into his mug. “Stop judging me,” he said without even looking in my direction.

I looked away, trying to hide my giggle behind my mug in my hands, “Sorry.” I sat back and let him make his tea how he wanted and move around the kitchen to finish the waffles. I never thought the sight of a guy cooking me breakfast in nothing but his boxers would be so appealing to me. But damn! Why was I so against this ‘boyfriend’ thing before? Because honestly, the perks are phenomenal!

“Do you like powdered sugar?”

“Is there a human on the planet that doesn’t?”

He rolled his eyes at me before pulling it out of the cupboard, “So sassy.”

“It’s one of my more endearing qualities, you should know this by now.”

As he passed by me to the waffle iron he tugged on one of my curls, letting it spring back into my face, “I may have noticed it, yeah.”

He finished making waffles and we sat at his small kitchen table to eat. We started eating, and man was food always better when someone else makes it for you. While sneaking a glance at Liam, it accrued to me that this was a first for me. “I’ve never done this before.”

He looked up at me as he swallowed, “What? Had breakfast? Because I know for a fact we’ve had many breakfasts while on tour.”

I rolled my eyes, “No like, had breakfast with,” I shrugged trying to find the right wording, “With a guy I’ve been with the night before. Having breakfast with a boyfriend.”

He smiled, “I thoroughly enjoy that I’m your first real boyfriend.”

I scoffed, “Don’t feed your ego too much there Payne.”

“I just like helping you experience some of your firsts,” he chuckled.

My heart beat picked up again. I swear his charm and adorableness would give me heart problems. It can’t be healthy having your heart race like this all the time.

We finished our food without much of a conversation, just mostly side glances and smiles. Once we were both done I brought everything to the sink and started to clean up.

“No, don’t do that,” he said reaching around me and shutting off the tap.

I laughed, “Why not? You cooked, I’ll clean.”

“No, just leave it for now.”

He grabbed my hand and started pulling me down the hall, “Where are we going?”

He smirked at me over his shoulder, “To shower.”

I swear my stomach plummeted with need when he said that. I swear, I was never this horny until I met Liam Payne! But who wouldn’t be? I mean, he’s all adorable faced and a complete gentleman. Not to mention toned muscles, and enough of a beard to drive anyone wild. And his butt looks really fantastic in nothing but his fitted boxer briefs.

He pulled me into the bathroom behind him before kicking the door shut and reaching in the shower and turning it on. When he turned back to me my stomach filled with butterflies. Jesus, it felt like my first time all over again. Liam and I have has sex enough times that I shouldn’t be nervous about it anymore, but I always felt nervous to some extent around him.

He reached down, tugging playfully at the hem of his shirt I was wearing. He tugged the ends, pulling me closer to him before kissing my lips softly before pulling the shirt over my head. He looked down at my bare chest briefly before his eyes were back on mine, “I really missed you.”

I bit my lip wishing I had control over the blush I had. I nodded, “I’m glad your back.”

With one arm around my waist, his other hand came up and cradled my neck as he brought his lips down to mine.

Liam should write a book on kissing. I know I’ve mentioned before that he’s an amazing kisser, but seriously, he should teach a class.

He only kissed me for a moment, no long enough if you ask me, then he stepped back a bit. He reached down and snapped the elastic of my knickers, “Off.”

I smirked before I did the same to his boxers, “Off,” I mocked.
♠ ♠ ♠
this took longer to write than i anticipated. i'm feeling lazy, sorry!
i hope you enjoy the fluff cause it's not going to be like this for many more chapters...
Death Cab For Cutie's "Transatlanticism" inspired this chapter a bit. fantastic song

i've got so many silent readers these days! but it's okay, i'm still writing!
and i'm slowly coming out of this writers funk/block, so hopefully more chapter of my stories will come out faster! (At least i hope so!)