Status: This is posted on other sites under the username "dismantlingsummer". If you see it posted by someone else unless stated that it actually me, please message me.

Sempiternal

Chapter 5

I decided it would probably be best for me to keep my distance from the club for a few days. After last night my mind was a mess and since I didn't have to work again until Tuesday evening, I would spend Sunday, Monday and most of Tuesday having some me time.

I picked up my phone and dialed Marley's number. 3 rings later and she picked up.

"Teri! Oh boy am I glad it's you calling." She exclaimed.
I laughed at her excitement.

"What's up Marls?" I asked, knowing the details about last night would instantly be brought into the conversation.

"Oh nothing. Painting my toenails and trying to decide on an outfit for later. You want me to pick you up before heading to the club?"

I sighed. "No, actually I was thinking about staying home tonight. I'm not really in the mood to deal with people."

"Aw babe what happened?"

"Nothing happened Marley" I quietly laughed again, "I just don't feel like going out tonight, that's all."

"Well fine. If you change your mind you know exactly where to find me!"

"So come on, tell me the details about Louis. I know you're dying to tell me." I could hear her laughing on the other end of the phone.

"WELL." Marley started. "He brought me back to his place. We started out on the couch, supposedly watching a movie but no watching actually happened." I could picture the grin on her face right now.

"But yeah, basically we fucked. He was really good at it. I spent the night, he cooked me breakfast and asked me to meet him at the club later for drinks. I'm not saying I want this to go any further, but I don't think I would complain if it became serious."

I was kind of shocked. Marley was much like me with the relationship situation.

"Hey Marley," I questioned, "Has Jeremy ever told you what they do? Like, Louis, Harry and that other guy. Because I never see them working around the club or anything so what do they even do for him?"

Marley sighed in the phone.

"Honestly, I'm not 100% sure but I accidentally overheard a conversation between Jeremy and Zayn once. It was before they started actually hanging out with Jeremy."

"Go on.." I encouraged her, I wanted to know more.

"Well, I heard talk about drugs and how he was really proud of how him, Zayn, and his partner which I'm assuming is Harry, took care of the situation and left no mess to be found, and brought back every dime the, and I quote Jeremy here, the bastard owed him."

I knew it. They were the ones that did the dirty work while Jeremy sat aside and got paid.

"Ahhh, it all makes sense now."

"What does?" Marley asked.

"Oh nothing. I have to run though, I really need to go out and get groceries" I lied. I really just didn't want to talk on the phone any longer because my mind was suddenly overwhelmed with the information Marley had just provided me.

"Okay babe, I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah probably. Bye" I said before ending the call.

I tossed my phone back down on my bed and took a quick glance of the weather outside. It was raining and all dark and gloomy. Perfect weather to stay inside and ignore the world. I got out of bed and slipped on a black hoodie and the comfiest white shorts I owned. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and continued on to the bathroom to quickly wash my face before finding food.

As I scrubbed the makeup from last night off my face, I could hear a light knocking on my front door. I was confused since the only person that visited me was Marley and she was busy doing other things and I told her I felt like spending the night in. My bare feet padded across the cold floor of my apartment as I neared the front door.

I opened it to be met with dark green eyes. I stared for a moment before I managed to speak.

"Uh, Harry... hi?"

He stared back at me for a moment.

"Teri, can I come in?" He asked. Since he asked nicely, I moved aside to let him in, he quickly glanced outside again, just like he did the night before at his house to make sure no one saw him come in. I didn't really understand why he kept doing that but who was I to question him.

"What brings you here, Harry?" I asked as I carried on into the kitchen like I originally planned on doing. Harry following close behind me.

"Honestly," he started, sighing before looking up at me, "I have no idea. I had a rough night, or morning I guess, after you left and I've been a little shaken up by it since because I know I fucked up and for some reason the thought of you made me feel a little comfort and before I knew it, I found myself driving over here. I hope that's okay?"

I took a moment to take in his appearance. He actually did look a bit timid. I wondered what happened for him to be this way because the Harry I met was very confident, tough, and somewhat scary.

"Yeah sure. Would you like some lunch? I'm getting ready to make something for myself."

He shook his head no. I didn't ask again because he looked kind of sick. He picked at his cuticles while I made myself a sandwich. There was an awkward silence between us and if there was anything I hated in this world, it was awkward silences.

"What happened, Harry? You don't look so well.." I pressed on.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, pushing his curly bangs back and out of his eyes. He walked over to the window and leaned against the edge, staring out into the foggy mist. I kept a close eye on him as I finished my food.

"I don't want to talk about it. Let's just forget that I even stopped in okay?" And he turned and walked to the front door, slamming it behind him.

I shrugged. I wasn't going to see him anymore today so it was whatever to me. I made it clear last night that we had to stop so I wasn't even sure why I said it was okay for him to come in to begin with.

I cleaned up my mess and grabbed my favourite blanket from the linen closet and curled up on the couch. The Lion King was on TV and I knew right away that's what I'd be doing with my afternoon. The movie wasn't on very long when my eyes started to get heavy and I passed out, wrapped up in the blanket with the only noise in the apartment being the movie playing in the background.

--------------------------------------------------

I was quickly woken up my a loud banging on my front door. I jumped and a hand instantly went to my chest. I pulled my blanket off of me and pushed my bangs that had fallen out of my eyes. The floor was cold and while I was on my way to the door I quickly stopped to turn on the heat in this place.

The banging continued. "Jesus christ give me a second!" I muttered under my breath.

When I finally got to the door and managed to unlock it, Marley was on the other end.

"Marley, wha-" before I could even finish my sentence, she cut me off. She looked really scared.

"Teri, this is bad. This is really bad." She started pacing around my living room.

"Okay, calm down, sit. Tell me what's wrong? Did something happen? That Louis character didn't hurt you did he?" I questioned. Two terrified people in my apartment in one day, I wasn't cut out for this shit.

"I don't, I can't, I-" I cut her off.

"Marley! Slow down. Breathe, good god" I laughed. She glared at me that's when I knew this was no laughing matter.

"Okay," Marley started. "I was at the club, as usual. I was in the back lounge with Louis, Harry and Zayn were there, and a new guy, Niall was there as well. And of course Jeremy. We were all having drinks, and laughing, y'know, the usual night for us. That's when two very large guys burst in through the door. They had guns, Teri. Fucking guns. I stayed silent the whole time. They all exchanged words, very harsh, cruel words and then shots were fired. No one got hurt aside from the two that intruded on Jeremy's property but all I can remember is something about Harry and there was no need to do what he did and because of it, he'd lose something very important to him. I'm not even sure what happened. It all happened so fast and to see the anger on Harry's face, it was terrifying Ter.. like they were all mad and Jeremy instantly called a meeting between them and I got out of there. I could have died. I don't know what to do with myself right now. I got a quick text from Louis saying they had to take care of some business tonight so he would call me in the morning." Marley finished with tears in her eyes.

I didn't really know what to say. Apparently I picked a good day to stay home. I instantly replayed her story in my head and all I could think about was how it seemed to lead back to Harry. What the fuck did he do? I honestly didn't want to know. Right then I decided I couldn't have anything to do with him anymore. He was dangerous.

"Well, don't leave here tonight, Mar. It doesn't seem safe. I'll run out and grab some stuff for us and we'll watch some movies and forget everything that happened, okay?"

She slowly nodded. She was so shaken up I felt bad for even leaving for 10 minutes to run to the grocery store.
I slipped on my shoes and grabbed her car keys to drive to the store.

As I walked down to the parking lot to Marley's car, I noticed a car parked across the street. One that wasn't familiar at all. Black sports car, with tinted windows, so I couldn't see who was in there. I figured I was just being paranoid now that all of this went down but I had nothing to do with any of it, so I shouldn't be concerned, right?

I climbed in the white SUV and pulled out of the parking lot. I took a quick glance in the rear view mirror and noticed the suspicious car following me. I took a quick right, in hopes of it just being a coincidence that they were leaving the same time as I was. Another quick glance, and sure enough, the car was on my ass. I pressed the gas a little harder, in hopes of getting away from the car but they just picked up speed as well.

I finally arrived to the grocery store, only to have the sports car pull in behind me. I quickly turned the car off and made a run for the entrance of the store, looking back and thankfully no one was behind me. Until I brought up solid into a very large man. He grabbed my arm and dragged me over to the side of the store where no one could see us. I tried to get out of the grip of the man but he wasn't having that.

"Just calm the fuck down bitch. I need information from you."

I stopped and listened, figuring if I listened, nothing would happen to me.

"We know you know Harry Styles. Is that correct?"

I nodded my head. Unable to form words at the moment. To say I was terrified was an understatement.

"Good. You know how to cooperate. Where is he?" I honestly didn't know the answer to that. I hadn't seen him since earlier that day when he stopped into my house.

"I, I d-don't know, Sir. Please let me go I have nothing to do with him I swear" I pleaded.

"Really?" The man had a deep, dark laugh. "Funny because we know that two nights in a row, you were with him. Now, I'm going to make this harder for you if you don't tell me what I want to know."

His use of we made me a little confused, since he was the only one in front of me.

"See, your little boy, Harry, caused a lot of trouble on our grounds. Let me fill you in. He fucking killed one of our best." He chuckled at the horrified expression on my face. Harry killed someone? Actually killed them?"

"W-what do you mean killed someone? Why?!" I didn't know who I was more scared of at the moment. This guy, or Harry.

"Oh, he didn't tell you how much of a bastard he really is huh?" The man questioned. I couldn't speak, my chest felt like it was closing in.

"Well see, we get our supplies from Jeremy. That cheap, conniving prick. He sent Harry to deliver, and collect. He collected, then killed our colleague for no. Good. Fucking. Reason." His teeth clenched, and I could see the vein in his neck as his grip tightened on my arm.

"NOW TELL ME WHERE HE IS!" He yelled. "I need to pay that little cunt a visit."

I stared for a moment, I felt like I was gonna be sick.

"Sir, I really don't know. I haven't seen him aside from the 10 minutes he stopped in today. He was really fucked up and when I asked, he stormed out of my house. Please let go of my arm you're really hurting me. I swear I have no idea where he is!" I once again pleaded. I just wanted to get away from him.

He let me go. But only to give me a dirty grin.

"Well you know what, next time you see that little dirt ball, tell him Mr. Russell has a little present for him. One he won't fucking like. Can you do that for me?"
I nodded. Anything to get the fuck away from this guy.
"Good girl. Make sure he's aware I visited you, I have a feeling that alone will bring him right to me. And if I don’t see him soon, I know where you live. We’ll catch up again huh?"

And he walked away. Climbing back into the sports car and driving off.

I looked at my arm where he had been gripping on really tightly and could see it turning purple. That was gonna hurt like a bitch in the morning. I ran into the grocery store where I knew I was safe for at least a few minutes.
Instantly pulling out my phone, I dialed Jeremy's number. He picked up right away.

"Teri my love, what can I do for you?" Jeremy calmly said on the other end.

“Jeremy, I don’t know what’s going on but some guy just attacked me and threatened me into telling him where Harry was but I didn’t tell him and I don’t know what to do. He said his name was Mr. Russell and that Harry killed someone and, and I don’t know what do to I’m scared to drive home Jeremy.” I sobbed into the phone.

“Fuck, Teri stay where you are, I’ll have someone pick you up.”

I nodded, even though I knew he couldn’t see me.

“Please hurry. I’m at the grocery store near my house. They know where I live because he was parked outside waiting for me and he followed me here. He said he’d be back to visit.”

“Okay Ter, stay calm please. Someone is already on the way. You’ll get a text when they’re there.” Jeremy said in a comforting tone.

I hung up the phone and kept an eye out for someone I hopefully recognized. That’s when I saw the familiar Range Rover pull into the parking lot.

Why he would send Harry was beyond me. I didn’t even want to see him right now. I didn’t want to hear any more about this I just wanted to go back to my normal life, before Harry came along and apparently instantly turned everything around.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment or something please. I haven't gotten much feed back yet and that makes me sad.