Status: It is now completed :)

Secrets

home

"Rose, please say something." Fernando urged as he stared at Rose worryingly.
"I love you Fernando. But somethings are just so painful, I tried to run away from my past, and bury it, however the ghosts always find a way to haunt me." Rose began gazing at her fingers that were fiddling with each other.
"It's ok, I get it. Somethings are too painful for you to tell me. It's ok Rose, everyone has their secrets." Fernando consoled Rose as he let a weak smile slip his lips.
Rose's head shot up at she stared into Fernando's chocolate eyes. "No, it's not ok, secrets are what tear couples apart and I don't want to be torn apart from you. You won't use my past against me like everyone else has. For the first time in my life I've fallen for a decent guy and I will not let my past get in the way of us." Rose started as her eyes broke her gaze with Fernando and stared down at her fingers. "When I was 5 I saw my dad cheating on my mum. The next day I saw my mum broken because of some letter that my dad wrote... My dad walked out of us. My mum was ruined and she turned to alcohol and drugs to take her away from reality, where her lied. However mum was a angry drinker and when she would get home she would flip out on me to get rid of her anger. She's call her five year old daughter 'a slutty hoar!' And that happened constantly to me. Yet when I became 12 my mum began hitting me, slapping me, punching me... Anything to hurt me. My own mother would be me up as a hobby. And when I was 15 I'd had enough of her that I ran away to Scarlett and her mum Judy who were there for me when I needed them. That's why I loved gymnastics. I could take out all of my anger on the vault or on the floor. It was my drive, my motivation. But using an obstacle as a stress remover wasn't enough to relieve me of this cloud of darkness that was hovering over my shoulder. The truth is that I'd blame what my mum on myself. I'd look in the mirror and hate everything about the face that was staring back at me. Sometimes I'd wish that I could just close my eyes and let darkness take me... And then I decided to forget everything that happened with my childhood. To bury it deep and leave it there." Rose confessed as she then looked up at Fernando. Tears strolled down her cheeks as she brushed them off lightly with her fingertips. "And then I saw you with your mum. How she made your favourite meal, and my mum hadn't even made enough meals for me to know my favourite. And your dad. He was there. And I know that it's horrible but I was filled with jealousy. I'm not keeping you away from my mum to hurt you... I'm doing it to protect you Nando."
"Rose. I will never hurt you. Ever. Come here, I love you so much." Fernando softly comforted as he drew Rose in for a hug.
"Promise?" Rose asked calmly, sniffling quietly.
"Promise." Fernando agreed, "Come on then, lets go home."
"Home?" Rose asked, questioning the word home.
"Yes. Home." Fernando answered as he pecked Rose on the lips gently and turned to drive out of the house, with his hand holding Rose's.

Fernando nudged Rose softly, "Come on Rose, we're here."
Rose wiped the sleepy dust from her eyes. "We're home?" She asked keeping her eyes shut.
"Yes." Fernando delicately replied.
"mmm." Rose groaned, not being bothered to move.
"How tired are you on a scale of one to ten?"
"10." Rose replied as Fernando got out of the car and walked over to Rose's side. Rose was clearly in no mood to walk and Fernando couldn't just leave her in the car all night, the only option he had was to carry her. Fernando lifted Rose from her seat as he began walking towards his front door. "Am I floating?" Rose asked with her eyes closed and her eyebrows furrowed together.
"No, I'm carrying you!" Fernando laughed. He stared into Rose's closed eye lids admiring how beautiful Rose was when she was sleeping. She was so peaceful an mesmerizing.
"Stop staring at me!" Rose grumpily moaned with her eyes still shut.
"How did you know that I was?"
"I can feel it, I can feel your gaze on me!"
"I'm sorry, I just take my eyes off of you!" Fernando joked as he neared the door. He could see the front light was on as he stepped through the door. A brunette woman was standing there with his back to him. Fernando didn't need the brunette to turn around to know who she was, he had seen her back many times before.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt your little love affair that you have going." The brunette hissed.
"Olalla what are you doing here?" Fernando coldly replied glaring at his ex-wife.
"Whoa, what's going on?" Rose asked in shock as she stared at Olalla.
"I need to talk to you." Olalla began before her eyes drifted down to Rose. "alone." Olalla Emphasized.
"Ok, I'll go to bed, see you in the morning." Rose said as she pecked Fernando on the cheek before walking up the stairs to the bedroom that she and Fernando shared. Fernando waited to hear her close the door before asking.
"What do you so desperately need to talk to me about? Why don't you go bother Mike?" Fernando icily questioned.
"I need your help Fernando... I'm pregnant." Olalla confessed.
"So?" Fernando asked pretending not to care.
"So?" Olalla repeated. "So I'm scared. Mike broke up with me... Apparently I'm too 'clingy' and I need you Fernando. I need you to help me and stand by my side. I know I hurt you but please, I don't know who else to go to."
Fernando glared at Olalla. He knew that he couldn't not help Olalla. Olalla knew exactly how to play Fernando and had used it to her advantage as Fernando answered.
"Fine, I will run it by Rose to see if it's ok. I'm not saying yes, but you need a friend and I might be able to help, depending on what Rose thinks and feels about this situation." Fernando replied, before opening the door. "I will call you and let you know, but I think that you should leave now." Fernando said opening the door and signaling for Olalla to leave. Olalla didn't need telling twice as she rushed out of the door.
"Thank you for doing this, it's really good of you." She replied before getting into her car and driving off. Fernando knew that he couldn't leave Olalla helpless, yet he didn't want to suddenly spring the news on to Rose. He knew that Rose could do without having Fernando's Ex getting in the way... He just had to wait and see what Rose would make of the situation.
♠ ♠ ♠
So Rose had confessed that her mum used to beat her up to Fernando, and Olalla has asked Fernando for help with her baby.... What will Rose make of the news?