The Art Of Getting By.

Cigarettes

As I made my way from phil's office I decided to go out for another cigarette break. I went to the balcony bit just above the art rooms, one of my favourite places to go.
I liked it because it looks out at the back of the school, there are no buildings and there is a little pond not too far away, it's much better to look at than the front of the school, also there are less people here and you don't get caught as much.
Although this time I saw a boy smoking in the far corner, looking at me when unturned around. He blew out the smoke into the air clouding it, creating a halo of cigarette smoke.
He smiled a little as he drew in a breath of the cigarette, he had black hair, styled into a small faux-hawk and was wearing these fingerless skeleton gloves.
The door to the art rooms opened as a teacher said "who is smoking out here?" The boy with the skeleton gloves and black attire quickly threw his cigarette away and tried to blow the smoke away, but he was almost hidden.
I had a little idea and quickly retrieved my cigarettes from my pocket and pretended to be smoking. The teacher looked sternly at me "what do you think you're doing?"
"Well... Uh, sorry. I was, I was having a tough day" I shuffled a bit and looked at the ground. " I guess the stress finally got to me miss."
" Gerard, why do you do these things?" She asked exasperated, taking the cigarette from me. I looked behind her at the boy who mouthed 'thank you' to me and grinned childishly.
I smirked back at him as he walked through the door and escaped.
"Now.. What do you mean by stress?"
***time lapse***