She's Not Afraid

Hospital

Anna’s P.O.V

HEROIN? I had been on that shit back when I was a teenager. I know how that screws with you. Oh I was going to kill her.
“Anna, are you ready to go?” One of the nurses asked. I nodded. I was fully recovered and I was beyond happy.
“Thank you.” I smiled and walked out. I saw Liam and Louis standing there. I ran and hugged Louis first. He picked me up and spun me around. Then I hugged Liam.
“So glad to see you’re better.” Liam smiled at me.
“Healthy looks good on you.” Louis winked. I rolled my eyes. We piled into the van and I called Niall.

“Ni, what hospital?” I asked.
“London Bridge Hospital.” He said, he sounded like he was crying.
“She’s going to be okay, Ni. I promise.” I soothed.
“How do you know?” He asked.
“I don’t know, Ni. What am I supposed to say?” I asked.
“Sorreh. Hey, the nurse just came out. I’ll call you later.” He hung up.

“He’s flipping out big time.” Louis said.
“I know.” I sighed. We pulled up to Louis’s flat to unload my shit. We got the last bag out when my phone buzzed. It was Adrienne.

Adri: Niall threatened to send me back to rehab. Anna, I can’t go. I have a problem and I need help sobering up.
Me: Glad to see you’re feeling better. Niall with you? And I can try. But I’m still not fully stable. What room are you in?
Adri: ICU 22, yeah he’s here. Please help.

I sighed, grabbed my laptop bag and brought it inside. Louis saw the look on my face.
“What is it, love?” He asked, wrapping his arms around my waist.
“She’s a heroin addict.” I shook my head, remembering what it was like for me to quit.
“What?” Louis seemed shocked.
“Can we go visit them?” I asked. He nodded.

When we entered the ICU, we saw Niall standing outside the door.
“Hey Ni, what’s going on?” I ran up to him and asked.
“Da doctor is in dere. I don’t know yet.” He had been crying. His voice was still shaky.
“She’s awake, right?” I asked.
“She was, den she started shaking again.” He slid down the wall. Louis sat down next to him rubbing his shoulder.
“Oh, are you all for Adrienne?” The doctor asked.
“Yes.” I responded.
“Okay, well the heroin she injected was laced with something, we don’t know what, but whatever it was is causing her to have seizures. We’ve stabilized her. She will live.” The doctor stated. We all sat there trying to take in what he said.
“Can we go in dere?” Niall asked. The doctor nodded and Niall practically ran in. Louis and I followed. Who we saw in the bed was not the Adrienne we knew. Her ribs were protruding more than before, she had a…puncture wound? Her face was slightly sunken in as well. We all sat around her. I was holding back tears. Louis had his arm around me. The only noise in the room was the steady beeping of the heart monitor.

“Niall, do you want food? Coffee?” Louis asked.
“Coffee.” He didn’t even look at Louis. He stayed focused on Adri.
“What about you?” He asked me.
“Same.” I nodded. He kissed my forehead and walked out to the cafeteria.
“Niall, do you know who gave it to her?” I asked.
“I’m gonna assume Roxy. From her band.” He stated.
“Oh.” I looked back at Adri.
“What happened?” Adrienne muttered, opening her eyes slowly.
“You had another seizure.” Niall said.
“Oh.” She said softly. Niall was rubbing her hand. This was the quietest she had been. Louis walked in with two coffees and some chips.
“Thank you love.” He handed me the first coffee and a bag of chips. Then he handed Niall the same.
“Hey Adri, how ya feeling?” Louis asked gently.
“I could be better.” Her voice was raspy.
“I’m glad you’re awake at least.” I said.
“Thanks.” She smiled. I looked at Niall and motioned for him and I to go out in the hallway and talk. He nodded.

“Alright Horan, what’s going on?”