She's Not Afraid

Never Give Up on Me

Adrienne's POV

"Don't fuck with me...don't leave me here...don't set me up to self destruct...I don't think I..." I mutter words, write, and hum along to this beat in my head. I start chewing on my pen cap then tap my face.

"Whatcha doin'?" Niall asks coming into the room with food on a tray.

"I'm trying to write a new song for practice tomorrow." I say sniffing out the goods on the plate. "What's that?"

Niall smirks.
"Remembah dat cookbook I bought da otha day?" He asks. I bid and he continues. "I made some lamb stew. It tastes good!"

I wrinkle my nose and place the pen and pad aside.
"I'll be the judge of that." I say picking up a bowl. I dip the spoon into the warm concoction and bring it up to my mouth. I blow the liquid then slurp. "Holy shit! That is good."

"Told ya!" Niall says excitedly then picks up the other bowl.

We slurp the stew together while watching the derby game. Niall did most of the cheering and shouting at the tele while I laugh.

"Dis is a serious sport! Ya just don't laugh at dese guys!" He shouts. I roll my eyes and place my empty bowl back on the tray. "There's more stew on da stove, if you're still hungry."

I shake my head.
"I hafta potty, but I'll get some more." I say smiling. Niall nods then hops off the bed and heads for the kitchen and I walk to the bathroom.

I switch the light on and close the door behind me. I go over to the full length mirror and lift my shirt right above my bust. I examine my torso and see that my hip bones and ribs weren't extremely sticking out. It's only been about a week since I was discharged from the hospital and I'm slowly coming back. My knees aren't as wobbly, my arms aren't bony, and my eyes aren't dull and lifeless.

I smile at myself in the mirror and shed a tear. I then pull my shirt down and do my business. I flush, wash my hands, then walk out. Niall was sitting on the bed when I walk out. I run over to him and hug him

"Whoa! What's dat fer?" He questions with a small smile.

"Thank you, Ni!" I say kissing his head. "Thanks for not givin' up on me."

I pull away and see Niall smiling.
"Adri, I will never give up on ya, 'k?" He says grabbing my hand. I tear up again and Ni kisses me. We break for air when his phone goes off.

"Louis says, me home country looks beautiful...He and Anna went t' see her father..." Niall texts back then pulls me into his lap. "One day, I'll take you to me home."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! Another chapter!