She's Not Afraid

Again With the Recovery

Louis’s P.O.V
Anna cut again…she relapsed and it was my fault. I was watching the steady rise and fall of her chest.
“She’ll be okay, Lou.” Harry rubbed my back. I let out a shaky breath and nodded.
“I’m going to talk to management. Try and postpone the tour.” Zayn smiled slightly. Niall came in with Adrienne. She looked like she had been crying her eyes out.
“How is she?” Niall asked.
“They’re giving her blood. They stitched up her legs. Not much else they can do.” I said, crying again. I can’t lose her.
“How are the babies?” Adrienne asked her voice shaky.
“They’re fine.” I continued to watch Anna’s breathing. I was holding her hand.
“Mr. Tomlinson?” A doctor came in and asked. I looked up. He motioned for me to come with him.
“What is it?” I asked anxiously.
“She’ll be okay. She should be waking up soon. We just need more blood. Do you know anyone in her family?” He asked.
“Um, all of her family is in Ireland. It’d take them a while to get here. What’s her blood type?” I asked.
“AB negative. One of the rarest.” He looked at me.
“Test my blood.” I stated.
“Okay.” He said, leading me to a room. A nurse greeted me and smiled. She got me situated in the chair and prepped my arm.
“You’ll feel a pinch.” She said, sticking the needle into my arm. I cringed a bit. She was taking a pint from me. All I could think about was Anna. Soon enough she took the needle out of my arm.
“That’s it?” I asked, shocked. I thought it’d take longer.
“Yep! Keep the bandage on for two hours. And drink plenty of fluids.” She smiled and led me back to room. All eyes were on me. Including Anna’s.
“Where d’ ya go?” Niall asked me.
“Anna needs blood. AB negative or positive.” I stated. They nodded. Niall’s eyes lit up.
“Dat’s my blood type!” He jumped up and ran to get the doctor.
“Anna?” I sat next to her. She looked weak.
“Hi.” Her voice cracked. I hugged her tightly.
“Hi love.” I smiled into her neck.
“I’m sorry.” She said quietly. I just rubbed her shoulder. She moved over a bit and patted the space next to her. I climbed in and she rested her head on my chest.

“Why’d you do it?” I asked when everyone went to get food.
“I’m a fat whale.” She looked at me and then at herself.
“You’re far from it.” I pulled away and looked at her. Just then the doctor came in.
“Both you and your friend are the right blood type she needs.” The doctor smiled, setting up the IV. I pulled Anna close to me.
“I almost lost you.” I whispered into her hair. I was crying. She just clung to me.
“She should start to feel a bit better soon.” He smiled. He then motioned me to come with him again.
“I’ll be right back, love.” I said, getting up gently.

“She got lucky. She won’t make it next time.” The doctor pulled me into one of the rooms.
“There won’t be a next time.” I stated, sitting across from him.
“I do have some bad news.” He looked down at his clip board “Due to the impact Anna received from the punch, she is at a high risk of miscarrying right now. She may remain like this throughout pregnancy. It’s hard to tell right now.”
“How can we prevent it?” I asked nervously. I was scared, not only for Anna, but for the twins.
“Very minimal exercise, make sure she eats, no more suicide attempts.” The last phrase stuck in my head. They ruled this as a suicide attempt. What’d she even use?
“Suicide attempt?” I asked. The doctor just nodded, giving me a sympathetic look. He then left the room. I followed him back to her room. She was more alert and awake. She was laughing a little at Niall. They both looked at me when I entered the room. Anna held out her arms, asking for a hug. I chuckled and sat next to her. She clung to me. I pulled her close and stroked her back.
“When can she go home?” Niall asked.
“Good question.” I muttered. Just then a nurse walked in.
“Hi, who will be taking care of Anna once discharged?” She asked. I raised my hand. She motioned for me to follow her.

Niall’s P.O.V

Anna watched Louis follow the nurse out. She still didn’t seem like herself.
“Anna, why’d ya do it?” I asked.
“What?” She asked.
“Relapse.” I sat at the end of the bed. She sat up slowly.
“I am a fat whale. I deserve every single cut I have given myself.” She said, it sounded as if it was something she repeats to herself on a daily basis.
“Anna, I can tell someting else is botherin’ you.” I could tell she wasn’t telling anyone the whole truth. She took a deep breath.
“My mum called me yesterday before you all came back and before Louis took me to the doctors.” She stated. This can’t be good.
“And?” I encouraged her to go on.
“She started telling me how I am no good. I am a horrible choice for Louis and that I should be dead. She told me I gained too much weight. Guys only want skinny girls. She then proceeded to tell me that if Louis and I were to have kids, I’d be a horrible mother.” She was sobbing by this point.
“Anna none of dats…” She held up her hand.
“I’m not done. It gets worse.” She calmed herself a bit “She told me Louis needs a real woman, like my cousin…the girl I beat the shit out of at the restaurant.” If this were a cartoon, my jaw would be touching the floor.
“I’m so sorry, Anna.” I always hated her parents. Her mom tried to break our friendship up. I hugged her tightly.
“Why is she crying?” Louis had walked in. He obviously hadn’t heard our conversation. I took that as my cue to exit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you all like!<3