She's Not Afraid

It's in the Past

“Guys, this is Alex.” I said, introducing her to the lads. She already knew who they were.
“Well it’s a pleasure to meet such a lovely lady like you.” Harry smiled, cheekily at her. I saw Alex’s face turn a deep shade of red.

Louis’s P.O.V

It was three in the morning when my phone went off. It was Anna.
“Hello?” I said, sleepily.
“Hey, can I come over…I need someone.” I heard distress or sadness in her voice.
“Of course, love. What’s wrong?” I asked, worry taking over my sleepiness.
“I’ll be there in ten minutes. Thanks Lou.” She hung up.
I was waiting on the couch, watching reruns of Top Gear when I heard a faint knock at the door. I looked to see Anna standing out front.
“Hey love, what’s wrong?” I wrapped her in a hug. I felt her wince and slowly hug me back. I loosened my grip and she relaxed.
“I want to die.” She mumbled into my chest.
“Why?” I asked, obviously startled.
“I hate my life, Lou. I have always hated it. I am a failure, I am a fat ass. My parents hate me.” She started crying. I gently pulled her to the couch. She sat down, bringing her knees to her chest. I noticed and bloody bandage on her arm.
“Love, what happened to your arm?” I asked her.
“Cat.” She said, staring off into the distance.
“But…Niall told me you were deathly allergic.” I said softly.
“I got over my allergy.” She said quietly.
“Okay.” If she wanted to tell me, she was more than welcome too. But it was her story to tell.
“Why don’t I make you some tea and we can watch movies?” I asked, breaking the awkward silence.
“That’d be lovely.” She smiled at me. I felt my heart flutter. Her smile always did that.
“Firstly, let’s clean up that arm of yours.” She nodded and followed me to the bathroom. I pulled out a brown bottle, gauze, medical tape, bandages and cotton balls.
“What’s all this for?” She asked, seeming slightly scared. I kneeled down to her level, and took the bandage off of her wrist.
“We’re going to make sure this doesn’t get infected, love. Now this is going to hurt and I am sorry, but you have to try and be quiet, okay?” I rubbed her shoulder. What I saw under the bandages made me gasp in horror. They weren’t deep, but there were at least fifty. I poured some of the liquid onto a cotton ball and gently started cleaning her up. She was biting her knuckle when I had finished. It looked like she had tears in her eyes. I put the gauze on her arm and she seemed to sigh in relief. After I bandaged her up, I looked at the rest of her arm.
“Love, you are in no way a screw up, fat ass or anything along those lines.” I said softly.
“Yes I am, Lou…I don’t get why you care so much about me.” She started
“Because, I really like you Anna, and I am willing to wait for you to heal. Hell I’d be willing to stay friends with you if you didn’t like me back.” I said, looking into her eyes. They were a beautiful green color. I noticed she had started crying. I wiped the tear and brushed the hair out of her face.
“Thank you, Lou.” She smiled, stood up and made her way to the couch. Her red hair swayed while she walked. She was just beautiful. I saw her plop down on the couch and curl up. I decided to go up to bed.
“Louis…will you stay down here with me?” She sounded like she was crying.
“Of course, love.” She scooted over a little and I climbed in next to her.
“I’m squished against you and the couch.” She muttered, I chuckled.
“You want to sleep in the guest room?” I asked her.
“Please.” I nodded, picking her up bridal style.
“I’m capable of walking Tomlinson.” She giggled.
“And I’m capable of picking you up. So shush.” I smirked.

Anna’s P.O.V

I awoke to a bright light shining directly on my face.
“Who turned on the sun?” I mumbled hiding my face under the pillow.
“Anna, time to wake up love.” I heard someone say.
“Five more minutes.” I whined, moving the pillow. It was Louis.
“Anna, come on, we have food downstairs.” He smiled. I sat up slowly.
“I’m not hungry.” I ate like a pig yesterday, I need to not eat today.
“At least drink something.” He looked at me.
“Okay.” I sighed. I shooed him and got dressed.
“Good morning sleeping beauty!” Niall called. I smiled and blushed.
“Sorry, I didn’t get much sleep last night.” I said.
“Louis kept you awake?” Harry winked.
“What?! No!” I yelled. All the boys aside from Louis, started laughing. Zayn was clutching his sides.
“Shut up!” Louis chucked a roll at Harry.
“Sorry mate.” Liam smirked. I rolled my eyes and grabbed some water.
“I am going to head back to my apartment now. Thank you for letting me come over last night.” I said, thankful that Louis was awake.
“Let me walk you out.” Louis smiled. I grabbed my things.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback would be wonderful.
I have added a co-author by the way!
She will be updating (hopefully) soon. I'll let her introduce herself =)