Emotionless? If Only...

Chapter 7: Truth is Reveled... Sort of..

***Disclaimer: I don't own freaking Naruto!***

*Me: I really hate disclaimers*

*Sasuke: I really hate---*

*Me: Everything?*

*Sasuke: pretty much :|*

*So this chapter mainly focuses why Artemis is always so cold and well, emotionless xD, youz will finally learn her past and why she is the way she is between now and the next couple of chapters.*

150 reads!!!!! THNX SO MUCH U GUYS!!!!!!!!! :D

***:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) **

"Hey watch it!" I snapped at Naruto for stepping on me for like the billionth time. "Not my fault you're so slow!" he muttered under his breath. I turned on my heels, giving him my death glare, "What. did. you. say?"

"Not. My. Fault. You're. So. Sl--" my fist connected with his face knocking him into a tree about five feet behind us. I gotta admit I loved the look of surprise he gave me when he back hit the tree, causing a dent. "WHAT HE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!?!?!" he pulled him self upright while rubbing his back.

"Being annoying," I continued on ahead as if nothing happened. Jiraiya and Aria stared at me wide-eyed, "Something you wanna say?" I threatened and they both shook their heads 'no' while backing away from me. "That's what I thought." I let a small smirk play on my lips.

We kept walking in a line formation, I let Jiraiya lead since I have no idea where we're going, Aria followed Jiraiya, I was behind her keeping my senses clear, Naruto was behind me still rubbing his back LOL.

"Don't you think you were a little too harsh on him?" Aria pulled me away from the formation, letting Naruto and Jiraiya lead while we stayed a little behind to talk.

"No," I crossed my arms, "no, I don't."

"You punched him into a tree.."

"He deserved it."

"He only stepped on your shoe." she pointed out giving me the 'dont-be-stubborn' look.

"For like the thousandth time!"

"It was a mistake."

"Like I give."

"Artemis," she sighed looking at Naruto and back at me, "what's really going on? I know you have a temper, but not this extreme."

"I-its nothing," I quickly stuttered while stumbling over my feet for a quick second. I usually would tell her, but I can't have the risk of either Naruto or Jiraiya overhearing what's really wrong. Aria raise her eye brows and motioned for me to sit on her back. I obliged for the fact that it felt as if my heels were going to erode anytime soon.

"We'll be back," I called over my shoulder as Aria ran past the boys through some shrubs and deeper into the forest so we could talk in peace.

We finally stopped in front of a waterfall that crashed into a big pool of water. Jumping off Aria's back i stood in front of the pool, feeling the mist splash onto my face. I felt so soothed, I almost forgot I was taken here to be scolded.

"Alright, spill it." Aria grumbled as she sat next to me, dabbing her left forepaw in the water from time to time, making our reflections ripple at each stroke. Sighing I sat with my legs crossed and started to stroke the waters surface as well.

" I can't control myself."

"Is it because of Naruto?" she turned her crystal blue eyes on me.

"No." why would she ask that?

"Then?"

"Its the village, the war. The closer we get to it the harder it is to control the emotions, the harder it is to control myself..." I slapped the water hard so my reflection was scattered, reappearing a couple of seconds later.

"That's why your in such a mood."

"I guess..."

"We have to tell Jiraiya he wi---"

"NO!" I jumped to my feet startling Aria so much she crouched with her ears flattened, "You can't tell them!"

"But maybe Jiraiya will know what to do!" Aria quickly got over her shock and pounced onto her paws, her tail lashing back and forth, side to side, clearly showing how irritated she was with me. But can you blame her? I know how stubborn I can be and she is usually okay with that, but when ever it comes to my 'powers' Aria is more easily frustrated.

"If we do that then Jiraiya will know what happened that day," I glared at my reflection, " he will know that they died because of me...."

*and what would Naruto think?* wait why did I ask myself that? Ugh focus Artemis, focus!

"Artemis..." her glare softened, but she never got to finish what she was saying. Because at that same moment the earth quaked from under us and we could see the clouds of dirt and trashed trees flying from the direction we left the boys.

In short: Jiraiya and Naruto were in danger.

With out a word we jumped up and raced through the trees. My bow and arrow at hand, Aria's claw unsheathed, and before I knew it we stood face to face with a horrid scene; Naruto and Jiraiya all bruised up on the floor with the two men (***A/N: the two that were chasing her in the beginning of the story***) that attacked me before, standing unscratched and well armed. One had green hair and a katana, the other has black and white hair with a bow staff. Naruto gave them a dirty glare and Jiraiya did the best to stand up but I could tell that the effort was too much by the damage they have taken.

And right there I knew that I did it again, I knew that soon Naruto and Jiraiya would have the same fate of my team mates on that despised day, I knew that I couldn't do it.

*I knew that I can't protect them*

**Naruto POV**

* What the hell!* I thought bitterly while staggering to my feet, *Were these really the two wimps I beat the hell out of before?*

I wished it weren't true but I knew those faces anywhere. For sure they were the ones that tried to hurt Artemis. Which brings up the next question: is that why the attacked us, to get to Artemis? If so then they'll have to kill me first! I told that old lady of an Elder and Star that I would protect her! And there's no way in hell I'm gonna break that promise!

"Give up," the man that had used the leaf vanishing jutsu said while making his way towards me. I threw a punch, but he just easily dodged it and punched me into a tree. What the hell!

I threw a quick glance at Jiraiya, he was fighting the ass hole's partner and he was worn out from our travels, he was bruised all over as much as I was. And I know I may be an idiot, but even I can tell we were losing this fight.

"Hey Montari!" the guy fighting with Jiraiya called with out so much as a glance at his partner, "Why are we wasting our time on them? I say let's slit their throats and search for Artemis ourselves, this game is getting pretty boring."

"You're right Motochika," Montari pulled out a katana and pressed it against my throat, "I am getting pretty bored, but at the same time I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to fond that brat all over again so I'll ask once more. Where is Art---" he was stopped short by an arrow that flew from behind him and shot straight through the tree. And I mean it literally went through the entire trunk! Straight through, just like that. Montari turned to look behind him and my eyes widen at the sight.

There stood Artemis, her bow raised to her cheek since she just shot and her arrows in there bag that hung by her waist, with the sun shining behind her making her seem as if she was glowing. Right there she looked almost perfec-----Wait, wait? Damn Naruto what are you doing!

"What is it that you want," Aria growled next to Artemis, oh I didn't see her there before, who lowered her bow and glared at Montari.

"Aria," Artemis' eyes locked with mine and she didn't look away (*I couldn't help but feel that she didn't look away because she was worried about me*), "go help Jiraiya."

"But what about you?"

"I can handle it."

"But-"

"GO!"

Aria didn't hesitate at that, she ran straight past me to help Jiraiya. Artemis didn't look away from my eyes, well until Montari broke the moment. Fuck head!

"Ahhhh," he still kept his katana against my throat, "isn't this a little twist. The damsel is rescuing the knight, how cute." he presses the katana harder, I felt my blood trickle down my neck in a thin line, "But unfortunately for you I don't like twists in stories."

"Gh!" I threw a punch while he wasn't looking, making him stumble about 6 feet away from me. "Asshole!"

"Naruto..." Artemis said making me look her straight in the eyes again.

"Leave Naruto alone, Montari."

"Only if you come with me," he smirked, "besides what do you see in this guy? He's probably really small, if you know what I mean." he winked at Artemis. I felt my face go red as my anger started to boil. I wanted to yell at him and punch the hell out of him, but....my body....I can't move it... *What is this?'*

Montari stared at me curiously knowing that after that comment I was most likely going to beat the shit out of him but when I didn't move he looked me up and down and chuckled. "My, my, my Lady Artemis you really have improved in your jutsus. I didn't even see you lift a finger."

*Jutsu?*

"Poor boy," Montari continued, "you actually thought Lady Artemis would give that much attention to you without reason?"

*Wha--* that's when it hit me. When Artemis arrived and we locked eyes it wasn't because of what I originally thought, but it was just an eye-contact jutsu. Something similar to Orochimaru's paralysis jutsu, when the user makes eye contact with the target the target will momentarily be unable to move for a certain period of time. But with jutsu I couldn't even speak, she really is very strong...

**Artemis POV**

Okay I'll admit, I kind of felt bad by restraining Naruto and sending Aria to do the same to Jiraiya, but I couldn't risk them risking their lives to try and protect me. Without a word I saw Montari reach for his pouch that rested against his hip wile glancing at Naruto from the corner of his eye. In a heartbeat I poofed in front of the hot headed jinchurikki and used my kunai to deflect the throwing stars. Montari straightened himself with a small smirk, "I had a feeling you would do that Lady Artemis"

"For heavens sake," I felt my temper about to boil over, "stop calling me that!!" Was it because of Naruto? Was his anger rubbing off on me? How is it possible, Aria just gave me the herb to calm down my 'powers'...

"my," Montari grabbed his katana once more before going into a fighting stance, "don't we have a little temper." He charged.

......oh shit......