Unbreakable

(III)- The Final Chapter

They had all safely made it to Ireland without any problems. Eunice was currently driving them to the house she and Emily had been calling home for the past year. It was far out in the country side and miles away for civilisation, which is exactly why it worked for them. Romeo was less pleased then everyone else with the location of his new home but when Emily pointed out it was this or the Hoag, he instantly brightened up and came round to the idea. Emily, Murphy and Conner were sat in the back of the car, Murphy with his arm wrapped around Emily's shoulders as she snuggled into his side and Conner holding her hand as it rested on her leg. She had missed them both so much and now that it had sunken it that they were back and here with her, she found it somewhat more surreal now then it was when they were on the prison bus. She put it down to the fact her, Eunice and Smecker had gone over the initial parts of the plans that they never got round to talking about the aftermath of it; the part she was enjoying the most by far.

"I cant believe ye fuckin' got us out of the Hoag" Conner stated randomly making Emily jump ever-so-slightly. The realisation of it obviously sinking into Conner as well, as the house finally came into view. "Why? Because we're girls?" Emily lightheartedly joked, having missed their sexist comments, but she'd never admit that to them because she'd never live it down if she did. "No!" Conner quickly retorted, however the amusement was clear in his voice. "Just 'cause its the Hoag! And you're supposed to be wanted yet ye got in an out without so much as a second fuckin' glance!" he exclaimed, sounding both amazed and outraged at the same time. "Stop ye stupid complainin' and embrace the freedom?" Murphy said whilst slapping him round the back of his head playfully only for Conner to release Emily's hand and slap him back twice as hard. They were now having a slapping match in the back of the car with Emily stuck between them. "Stop!" she demanded, pressing a hand on both of their chests. "Its hard enough with two babies in the house as it is, I don't need anymore" she finished with a small laugh. The brothers glanced at each other before both apologising in unison and retaking their earlier positions. "What are the two snot-bags like anyway?" Romeo asked, earning himself a slap from Emily. "Those two snot-bags are my babies," she stated proudly. "And mine" Murphy affirmed, planting another slap on Romeos head for insulting them. "And their my niece an' nephew" Conner joined in, but I think he was just looking for an excuse to slap Romeo as well. "Alright, Alright!" Romeo yelled, flailing his hands around the back of his hand to try and block off anymore slaps. "What are the two little angels like?" he asked, rephrasing his question and empthasising the word angels for sarcastic effect. "I think the word your were looking for was saints, not angels" Eunice pointed out, making us all laugh when he let out an aggravated groan for making himself the laughing stock again. "Come find out for yourself" Emily said once the laughter subsided and Eunice pulled the car to a halt as we pulled up outside. Eunice led an overly excited Conner and Romeo inside whilst Murphy stopped in his tracks and forced Emily to do the same.

"You nervous?" she asked with a small smirk on her face. She could pick up on how he was feeling, even after a year apart. "What if I screw up?" Murphy questioned quietly, his eyes boring into Emily's. She placed a hand on either side of his unshaven jaw and gently stroked his cheeks with her thumbs. She had seen his anxious and nervous before but this time was different; he looked genuinely terrified. "You're not going to screw up," she assured him truthfully. "You're going to be an amazing father, Murph" Emily spoke quietly. She more her hands from his jaw and moved them to the back of his neck, pulling him down to meet her lips as she tip-toed closer to him. His arms snaked around her waist and pulled her body into his like he had down plenty of times before, but it felt like the first time again for both of them. When the kiss broke Murphy let his lips linger around Emily's as he rested his forehead against hers, staring her intently in the eyes. "You just got to get in the door first" she mused, letting her hands fall from his neck to his shoulders, slowly descending them down his still ripped arms before slipping her hands into his. She began walking backwards toward the door, pulling Murphy along with her. They walked straight past the others which now included Smecker as someone had to stay behind and look after the twins and after much disagreement we all concluded it was safer for everyone if it was him. Emily lead Murphy towards the twins room where they were most defiantly asleep in their cribs but paused outside the door and turned to Murphy. She was looking for some indication that he was ready to see his babies for the first time and that indication came in the form of a deep intake of breath before releasing it in a long sigh. Pushing the door quietly open, Emily stood off to the side and let Murphy go inside first. Their cribs were side by side at the back of the room so it took a few anxious seconds for Murphy to edge towards them and peer inside.

Emily looked on as she stood leaning against the fully opened door, wanting to let Murphy soak it all in on his own whilst she did the same. She had waited for the moment for what felt like an eternity and now finally, their small family unit was complete. "Oh my God" Murphy faintly whispered to no-one in particular. He reached into James crib first and gently stroked his head, brushing what little amount of hair he had backwards. "Hello son," he cooed to a passed out James. "I cant wait to watch ye grow up into a big boy like me an ye're uncle Conn," he whispered but Emily still chuckled quietly to herself when she heard. "We loved growin' up here as kids and the only thing that could have made it better, is if our dad was around. But I promise ye, I ain't goin' anywhere" Murphy stated, stroking his fingers through James his hair one more time. Murphy then moved round to Rose's crib and delicately caressed her cheek, flinching slightly when she shuffled in her sleep so she was laying on her side, as if facing him. "An' ye, my precious little girl, ye are goin' to grow up to be as incredibly beautiful as your mummy is," Murphy said whilst glancing up to look at Emily, tears brimming in both of their eyes. "Which means I'm gonna have to teach your brother over there how to protect ye, because no boys get to go near ye without my say so."

Emily watched as he held his hand out towards her in an sign that he wanted her to come over. Together they stood at the foot of their babies cribs, a single arm wrapped around each others waist, tears filling Murphy's eyes but Emily had already lets hers slowly fall. "This is it, Em," Murphy began in a hushed voice, squeezing Emily into his side even more then she already was and pressing a hard kiss on the side of her temple. "We're gonna be a proper family from now on...an unbreakable little family."
♠ ♠ ♠
:(...That's it everyone, the story is now finished!

Thank you to everyone who's read, commented, subscribed and recommended!

I'd love to hear what you made of it now that its completed and if you know anyone that loves the Boondock Saints then I'd really appreciate it if you could recommend it as I don't want it to just be forgotten now that its finished :/

I've started a new story which is based on The Walking Dead with Daryl as the love interest of my created character, so if your interested in reading it that would also be really appreciated:)
Its called Undying Love

My friend has also started one called Loving on Borrowed Time
they have the same female character name because we both loved the name but the stories are not related!

Thanks again and hope you've enjoyed it!x