Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

You're Still the One

We were able to bring Emma home two days later. I smiled as we pulled into the driveway. The anticipation was eating away at me while waiting to bring her into the house for the first time.

“We're home, Emma.” I cooed while handing her carrier to Billie. He looked down at Emma, who remained asleep.

“Babe, do you think we should wake her up?” He questioned. I smiled.

“Not unless you want to hear her crying again.” I replied, remembering her wailing on the way home from the hospital. I unlocked the door and moved for Billie to walk in with Emma. I smiled. “Welcome home, Emma.” I whispered as she opened her eyes a little. Billie pointed her carrier toward the living room.

“Well, Emma this is the living room. I imagine you'll be spending a lot of time in here.” He said while walking towards our bedroom. I followed, laughing at Billie while he showed her other rooms along the way. When we finally got to our room, Billie stopped in the middle of the room. “So, this is Mommy and Daddy's room.” He said while moving the carrier around and stopping when she was pointed towards the bed.“This is where you got started.” He said with a smirk. I slapped his shoulder.

“Billie!” I giggled. He laughed.

“What? It’s part of the tour.” He joked. I rolled my eyes.

“Of course it is.” I mumbled while putting the baby bag down. I turned around to see Billie sitting the carrier on the bed and picking Emma up.

“Billie, she really needs to sleep.” I said gently. Billie stuck out his bottom lip.

“Oh c'mon Jules, I just wanna hold my baby.” He cooed to her. I grinned.

“You're already so good with her, it's kinda scary.” I said while laying back on the bed. I was exhausted even though I had already slept this morning. Billie chuckled.

“Babe, you look so tired. Go to sleep.” He commanded. I was about to disagree, but Billie stopped me. “Julie, we'll be fine. I can feed her, just get some rest, you need it.” He argued. I sighed in defeat.

“Fine, but don't let me sleep too long.” I said as Billie nodded and walked out the door with Emma.

~***~

I honestly don't know how long I had been asleep, but my wake up call wasn't so pleasant. I was woken up by the baby monitor blaring Emma's wailing cries. Dear God, how can something so small be so loud? I sat up slowly...very slowly. I was so fucking sore! I didn't think I'd ever get out of the bed. I was about to walk to our door when Billie's voice came through the monitor.

“Shh. Hey, hey, it's okay, it's okay.” He soothed. Emma's wailing continued. “What are you crying for? Huh?” He cooed. “Daddy's right here.” He whispered. She continued to whimper. “You want Daddy to sing you a song?” He whispered. I slowly crept out of our room and watched from the doorway, thankfully Billie had his back to me. Billie started pacing Emma's room.

“I never thought through love we'd be making one as lovely as she, but isn't she lovely made from love?” He sang softly. Emma's cries quieted to small whimpers. “You like that? You like it when Daddy sings to you?” He whispered. Billie leaned down and kissed her head. “I love you so much, Emma.” He whispered as he gently placed her in the crib and stood over her. I smiled from the doorway. Billie had this spark in his eye I had never seen before, and that's when I knew he was still the one. He's still the one I want laugh and cry with, he's still the one I want to make love with, and he's still the only one I ever want to love. He's still the one.

*The End*

~***~
This my lovelies is the song that inspired this entire story. All thanks go to Shania Twain.

“You're Still the One”

(When I first saw you, I saw love.
And the first time you touched me, I felt love.
And after all this time, you're still the one I love.)

Looks like we made it
Look how far we've come my baby
We mighta took the long way but
We knew we'd get there someday

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night

Ain't nothin' better
We beat the odds together
I'm glad we didn't listen
Look at what we would be missin'

They said, "I bet they'll never make it"
But just look at us holding on
We're still together still going strong

(You're still the one)
You're still the one I run to
The one that I belong to
You're still the one I want for life
(You're still the one)
You're still the one that I love
The only one I dream of
You're still the one I kiss good night
You’re still the one

I’m so glad we made it
Look how far we’ve come my baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Do not fear my lovelies this is not the end. A sequel is in the works and will be up as soon as possible.
Seriously though, thank YOU to everybody that has commented, subscribed, or recommended this story. You guys are great. :)

xoxo
-H