Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

When You Kiss Me

The room was spinning as my eyes fluttered open. The light of the room was harsh at first glance and I had the unsettling feeling of not knowing where I am. I turned my head to the right to see a green haired man inches from where I lay. I blinked a couple of times trying to get my bearings. He gasped and stood up.

“Billie, she's awake!” he shouted. I winced at how loud he had shouted and then realized it was Tre. I blinked as a blurry figure that I knew was Billie came walking towards me. His face became clearer as he squatted down next to what I now knew was a couch. I then became aware that my nose was throbbing and reached up to touch it. Billie quickly grabbed my hand and pulled it away.

“Easy, baby. Don't touch it.” He whispered. “You're okay. It just quit bleeding.” He soothed. My eyes widened and panic washed over me. Billie chuckled and handed me a bottle that appeared to be Jack Daniel's. “Here. Drink this. It'll calm you down.” He helped me sit up and I hesitantly took a sip from the bottle. It was sour and tasted like shit, but it did give me a nice buzz to numb the pain in my nose. My vision was starting to become clear when I noticed Billie's shirt. It was covered in blood. My blood. I gasped and started to apologize.

“Billie, I'm-I'm so sorry! Your shirt!” He looked down at his soiled shirt and pulled it away from his body.

“This?” He chuckled. “Don't worry about it.” I nodded and looked around the room. I recognized the couch and realized it was Mike's apartment. Billie was obviously living here. I noticed something else...we were alone.

“Where's my car?” I asked while Billie pulled up a chair next to me and sat down.

“Tre brought it over from Gilman's.” He replied. I nodded while I gingerly touched my nose and winced. Billie snorted.

“Told ya not to touch it.” He chided. I glared at him and sighed.

“What happened tonight?” I finally asked. Billie took a sip of Jack, winced and replied.

“Some guy in the mosh pit nailed you in the nose. Blood was everywhere.” He said as he took another sip and passed the bottle to me. “I had to fucking carry your ass through the damn crowd.” He said while chuckling. The fact that Billie came to my rescue made my cheeks flush hot. I stared down at the bottle and forced down another drink. This time it wasn't as nasty. I was starting to feel warm and more tipsy than buzzed. Liquid courage must have taken over or I wouldn't have asked my next question.

“Where's your girlfriend?” I asked. Billie looked up at me and then back at the bottle.

“I don't have a girlfriend.” He muttered. I rolled my eyes and snorted.

“Don't give me that bullshit, Billie Joe.” I seethed. My anger becoming more alive with the alcohol in my system. Billie's head snapped up and his eyes burned with anger.

“What's it any business to you!?” He spat. I clenched my fist in anger.

“It became my business when you brought her to my fucking house!” I fumed. This may have been the alcohol talking, but it felt good to finally let out the anger I had kept pent up. Billie stared at the floor.

“That shit wasn't my idea and you know it.” He replied. I stared at the near empty bottle of Jack Daniel's as he continued. “Adrienne went back to Minnesota last week. I broke up with her.” I chuckled to myself while taking one last drink.

“Must've been too much like me.” I scoffed. Billie grew silent.

“No.” He said softly. “She's nothing like you.” His said with his green eyes piercing through mine again. I snorted.

“I just found it so fucking hilarious that you broke up with me because we couldn't fucking handle distance, but then in walks Adrienne from motherfucking Minnesota!” I replied sarcastically. Billie downed the rest of the liquor before replying.

“It wasn't like that Julie. Fuck. You think I wanted to leave you here? The first few months of the tour were torture.” I was about to speak but he stopped me.

“I met Adrienne three months ago while we were in Minneapolis. I honestly thought you would've moved on.” He said sincerely. I felt my anger skyrocket.

“How the fuck could you think that!?” I bellowed. Billie's eyes followed me as I stood. “You fucking tore my heart out and just left me here!” I could feel tears brimming in my eyes. “I fucking loved you and you just threw it away.” I replied while wiping a tear away angrily. Billie stood up hastily and was inches from my face.

“Do you really fucking think that I didn't love you?” He whispered angrily. I remained silent. “If that's what you think, then you fucking don't know me at all.” He replied bitterly. We stared at each other intently, and something inside me snapped. I went to smack his face when he caught my wrist and pulled me toward him.

“Billie, what are...” Before I could finish he locked his lips with mine. His hand's instantly went to my face. All the anger I felt towards him melted away and I felt a sense of euphoria. The room was spinning when we broke apart, our chests rose and fell rapidly. Billie stared into my eyes fiercely. I opened my mouth to speak, but was stopped by him, placing his hand over my mouth. He leaned in to where he was inches from my ear.

“Still think I don't love you?” He whispered while pushing his pelvis against mine. I was frozen not knowing how to respond. Did that really just happen? Is this a dream? I blinked and he removed his hand. I watched as he leaned his head down and placed a kiss gingerly on my injured nose and sighed.

“You need to get home, Jules.” He said hoarsely and pushed himself off the wall. His absent body made mine feel cold. He strode towards the couch. I followed hesitantly and watched as he picked my bag up off the floor and handed it to me. “Come back to Gilman tomorrow.” He demanded. I looked down at my feet while responding.

“Why?” I asked.

He sighed and rubbed his hand over his face. “Just do it. Please.” He begged, sounding almost annoyed. I sighed once more and complied.

“Okay, but are we going to fight again?” I asked hesitantly. Billie ran his hand through his hair.

“If you start saying the shit you did tonight, yeah, we’ll fight.” He held the door open for me as I walked out. I couldn't tell if he was annoyed at the fact he kissed me or that I literally had no reaction. I was halfway to my car when I heard him call out. “Stay outta the mosh pit!” He yelled. I smiled to myself as I held my middle finger up. The Jack Daniel's was slowly leaving my system and the pain in my nose was becoming more noticeable.

~***~

It was around three a.m. when I finally made it home. My parent's were in bed and I was more than thankful for that. I drug my feet upstairs and into my bedroom. I sprawled out onto my bed, but I didn't sleep. The fierce kiss Billie had planted on me replayed in my mind over and over again like a dream. A sweet dream that until an hour ago had been only a memory.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guy's I'm honestly so proud of this chapter...It was a lot of fun to write and I really surprised myself. Hope you like it. :)