Sequel: Parenthood
Status: Very new to writing. Please be kind. :)

You're Still the One

In Your Eyes

The moon shone brightly in the sky as we exited Gilman. Billie's face was still red with anger as we marched toward his car, his hand firmly locked around mine. The events that had just taken place reeled inside my head as he opened the passenger-side door.

“Get in.” He urged. I was a little surprised at the brusqueness of his voice, but excused it for the time being.

“What about my car?” I asked while sitting down.

“We'll get it later.” He mumbled while shutting the door. I sat there in surprise. I hadn't seen Billie this angry in years, not since the time I accused him of cheating on me with his openly gay cousin, Sherrie. Which I didn’t know at the time. He was angry, then, but this was different. No, the rage I saw burning in his eyes made me shudder to think of what he could have done to that man.

~***~

Billie was silent as he drove. I wanted to ask him if he was okay, but feared it would only make it worse. I turned my head to look out the window, and watched as tree's whipped past us as we moved down the road. Billie cleared his throat, breaking the silence.

“I'm sorry if I embarrassed you tonight.” He mumbled, still looking ahead. I looked at him in confusion.

“Embarrassed me?” I asked. “Why would you think that?” I questioned. Billie let out a long sigh.

“I could've handled it better without making a huge scene. I'm sorry.” He admitted. I reached out and touched his hand.

“Billie, what you did for me tonight was the sweetest, most wonderful thing anybody has ever done for me. I could never be embarrassed by you.” I replied. Billie looked over at me then back at the road. I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.

“But, what I am sorry for is letting that creep anywhere near me. I should have been more careful.” I confessed. Billie's head snapped to attention as the car pulled to a stop. He turned towards me with flaming eyes.

“Listen to me, you had no control over what that creep did, and you sure as hell can't blame yourself.” He spat. “When I saw his hands on you, I wanted to rip his fucking throat out.” He mumbled. I touched his arm.

“Billie, it's okay.” I reasoned. He pulled away from me.

“No, Julia it's not!” He fumed. “If anything, anything had happened to you tonight...” He paused and sighed. “I wouldn't be able to live with myself.” He told me. My heart swelled and I felt a love for Billie that I never had before. He had been willing to risk everything for me tonight, and I no longer had to question if he still cared about me or not. I knew. I leaned over and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“Thank you.” I whispered and pressed a kiss to his cheek. Billie blushed slightly as he started the car again and began driving.

~***~

We drove for what felt like hours, when in reality it had only been one. I had asked Billie where we were going, but he refused to tell me. The car came to a stop when we reached what appeared to be an old warehouse. Up until this point I had seen nothing but trees and roadkill, so any kind of building was welcomed.

“Where are we?” I asked while ducking under a tree branch. Billie chuckled as he held his hand out to help me cross over a small stream.

“I found this place about a year ago. I come here to write sometimes.” He responded while pushing the door open. I peered inside to see a small coffee table, mattress, and kitchen counter top with cabinets all in separate corners of the room, excluding the table. It had quite a bit of space left even with the furniture. Billie motioned for me to step inside.

“There's no spiders, so you're safe.” He joked, remembering the irrational fear I had of them. I reluctantly stepped inside and jumped as the door slammed; causing a bat to wake and fly towards my head. I waved my arms frantically trying to deter it away.

“I thought you said it was safe!” I whispered, not daring to wake anymore creatures of the night that might be living here. Billie snickered.

“It is safe; from spiders that is. I said nothing about bats.” He teased. glared at him and punched his arm as I walked by.

“Asshole.” I mumbled. Billie rubbed his arm.

“Hey, that hurt!” He whined.

“Good, it was suppose to.” I said with a laugh.I stood in the middle of the room and looked around me.

“What did this place use to be anyway?” I inquired. Billie pushed himself up on top of an old counter top and shrugged.

“My guess would be some restaurant. It would explain the jukebox.” He said while motioning toward it. A smile spread across my face.

“Does it work?” I asked while making my over to it. Billie chuckled.

“Yeah, but it only plays one song.” He informed me. I fished inside my pocket for a quarter and slid it inside the coin slot. I watched as Peter Gabriel “In Your Eyes “ lit up. I pressed play and motioned for Billie to come over.

“Dance with me.” I begged as the song began. Billie stared for at me for a moment, got up hesitantly a strode towards me.

“Love I get so lost, sometimes days pass and this emptiness fills my heart.
When I want to run away, I drive off in my car.
But whichever way I go, I come back to the place you are.”


“You sure?” He asked, carefully placing his hand on the small of my back. I nodded and placed my hand on his shoulder and put my other hand in his, while staring into his green eyes.

“All my instincts, they return and the grand facade, so soon will burn without a noise, without my pride. I reach out from the inside."
"In your eyes
The light the heat
(In your eyes)
I am complete
(In your eyes)
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
(In your eyes)
The resolution of all the fruitless searches
(In your eyes)
I see the light and the heat
(In your eyes)
Oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light
The heat I see in your eyes.”


The song slowly brought back memories from our childhood and all the way up to our dating relationship. Each having their own special memory. I laid my head against his chest as he pulled us closer together. Our bodies moved together as the song continued playing.

“Love, I don't like to see so much pain
So much wasted and this moment keeps slipping away
I get so tired of working so hard for our survival
I look to the time with you to keep me awake and alive.

And all my instincts, they return
And the grand facade, so soon will burn
Without a noise, without my pride
I reach out from the inside."

"In your eyes
The light the heat
(In your eyes)
I am complete
(In your eyes)
I see the doorway to a thousand churches
(In your eyes)
The resolution of all the fruitless searches
(In your eyes)
I see the light and the heat
(In your eyes)
Oh, I want to be that complete
I want to touch the light,
The heat I see in your eyes
In your eyes in your eyes
In your eyes in your eyes
In your eyes in your eyes.”


The song ended and we stood in the middle of the room in silence. I wrapped my arms around his torso as he placed his chin on top of my head, neither one of us wanting to break apart. It was weird, but at the same time exciting to be this close to Billie again. I pressed my lips to his ear.

“Kiss me, Billie.” I pleaded. Without hesitating, Billie removed his hands from my waist and placed them both on each side my face. He leaned in slowly and carefully pressed his lips to mine. They felt warm and familiar, like they belonged to be on mine. I tangled my fingers in his blue hair and sighed as our lips broke apart. Billie wrapped his arms around me and lifted me up to where my legs were wrapped around his waist.

“I love you, Jules. Forever. ” He whispered while carrying me towards the mattress in the corner of the room. He laid us down carefully and positioned himself above me. I held is face in my hands and traced his bottom lip with my thumb. I looked into his eyes and saw heat that was fiery and passionate. He leaned down and kissed me one last time before slowly removing my shirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I was recently listening to "In Your Eyes" and became inspired! The song is so romantic and sweet. It was perfect. Hope you enjoy!

xoxo