Status: Dedicated to Julie

Summer Love

2

“Jules,” the sound of Niall’s sleepy voice pulled the teenagers attention away from the piece of paper in front of her, her pen hovered just above the smooth surface. Turning her head she saw the blonde walking toward her, his dyed hair a mess on his head and his blue eyes squinting adjusting to the light from the lamp that sat near her laptop. “What are you doing?” he asked groggily walking over to her.

“Nothing,” she gushed out grabbing the piece of paper and scrunching it up in her hands, hiding the evidence of what she had actually been doing. The blonde singer arched a brow quizzically at the brown haired girl who had stretched a forced smile across her face to hide the guilt that was racking her body with every passing second.

“It’s like… four in the morning.”

“I know,” she nodded her head slowly.

“And you suddenly had the urge to sit down and write something,” his tone was one of disbelief and Julie knew that as she threw the paper in the bin he would go snooping to see what she was actually doing and she couldn’t have that. She didn’t want to hurt him like she knew the letter in her hand would.

“Honestly Niall it was nothing, just a stupid idea for a story and looking at it now it sounds like crap,” she lied easily hoping that Niall wouldn’t push it any further. “Come on, lets go back to bed,” she quickly got to her feet throwing the ball in the waste basket underneath the wooden desk and walked toward the singer grabbing his arm and draping it across her shoulders while she wrapped hers around his naked back proceeding to the bedroom. She knew his mind would still be curious about the piece of paper so she had to keep his mind off it; there was only one way to do that.

The two of them curled up into each other’s embrace Julie quickly moving so her body was pressed on top of Niall’s. Even in the darkness she could see the cheeky smile that spread across his face.

“Bit early don’t you think?” he asked lowly.

“Not at all,” she answered before pressing her lips against his passionately winding her fingers through his hair feeling the smooth strands slide through the spaces. Shivers spread across her body as his hands slid up her back taking her night shirt in the process, their kiss was broken briefly to remove the material from her body before her lips were pressed against his again, she had never wanted to kiss someone as much as she did now, knowing that tonight was their last night together.

Niall pulled away slightly, confusing the brunette, his hands continued to trail down the curve of her spine causing her to shiver involuntary, “I love you.”

Normally those two words don’t hurt, but when he breathed them against her lips a pang of pain hit her chest. “I love you too,” she replied her throat constricting in pain due to her knowledge that after this night they would never see each other again. Niall pressed his lips to hers in a heated kiss wrapping his arms around her tightly changing their positions trapping the brunette comfortably underneath his larger body. Julie would never forget how perfectly his body fit against hers, like two puzzle pieces.

“Forever,” he spoke lowly.

“And always,” she concluded pressing her lips to his.

~

The morning broke sooner then Julie wanted it to, she wanted time to slow down just this once. Her head rested against the singer’s chest as he slept, she listened to his heartbeat in perfect time as tears welled in her eyes. Taking a deep breath she rolled over and crept out of the bed the two were sharing trying not to wake him. A breath of relief left her lips when he continued to sleep quickly she grabbed her clothes that were folded on the dresser ready for today. Julie hurried toward the bathroom starting the water and showering as quickly as she possibly could. She wanted to be out of the house before the sleeping blonde woke up.

Once out of the water and dressed she grabbed a piece of paper out of her writing pad and began to scrawl a letter out that she would leave on the pillow beside the singer. Her hands trembled violently as she wrote tears obscuring her vision as they rolled down her cheek and spattered on the paper.

Finished Julie folded the piece of paper and placed a corner of it between her lips so she could grab her luggage and leave. She began down the hallway toward Niall’s room she was just outside the doorway when the corner of her suitcase nicked the corner of a small table creating a loud thud causing the brunette’s heart to drop.

Slowly she looked around to make sure the blonde was still sleeping.

“Julie… what?” Niall rolled off the bed a confused look spread across his face at the sight of her looking at him her suitcases by her feet. “Princess what are you doing?” he asked as he stepped toward her slowly his eyes trailing over her suitcase then looking at her noticing the folded piece of paper between her lips. Realising there was no way to avoid what was going on Julie grabbed the note from her lips and looked at the blonde as painful as it was to watch his features change from confused to hurt. Julie watched as his normally bright and smiling face sank in realisation.

“I’m sorry Niall,” she began stepping toward him the note clasped tightly in her hand, the words she wanted to say were all written on that one sheet, words that she couldn’t say. “Don’t open it until I’ve gone,” she pleaded handing over the sheet of paper to him as she gently pressed a kiss to his cheek. Pulling away she smiled gently before turning and grabbing her suitcase making her way to the front door as quickly as she could because she knew there was no way he was going to wait until she was gone.

“Julie!” she ignored his voice as she reached out and opened the front door walking out into the morning air, “Julie!” there was movement and she knew what was coming so she moved quicker not wanting him to catch her, she had to flag a taxi down and get to the airport as quick as she could. “Julie!” the desperation in his voice made her want to curl up into a ball and cry. She heard feet slapping against the pavement she was moving as quickly as she could, considering she was hauling a suitcase, but it was hopeless he was going to catch up with her either way.

“I told you not to open it until I was gone,” she stated even though her tone was soft, weak.

“Not to open it? Fuck that! What are you doing?” he asked as he cut off her path.

“Going home…”

“No, what are you doing to us?”

The question cut her deep and she didn’t want to have to explain what she was doing, he should know what she was doing. When she didn’t answer he began to speak again.

“So what you’re just giving up on us? You’re taking the easy route out and running away.”

“I’m not running,” she defended herself quickly.

“It looks like you are, why? Why are you giving up on us… was it really nothing more then a summer fling? Did you really not love me?”

“No of course not.”

“Then why did you write it?”

“Because I didn’t think I would have to explain myself!” it was true, what Julie and Niall had was not a summer fling but she thought it would be easier in saying it was in the letter.

“So you do love me?” he asked.

“Of course I love you, if I did I wouldn’t have given myself to you last night.”

“Then why are you doing this, why don’t you want us to be together.”

“Because it wouldn’t work, these kind of relationships never do.”

“That’s not true, we could make it work.”

“How? You live in London and travel for six months sometimes more a year and I live in Nottingham studying, I can’t just pack up and leave, and I can’t expect that from you either,” that silenced the blonde as he thought over what to say next, in those few moments Julie had flagged down at cab.

“Julie please, don’t do this,” he begged his tone soft and wavering with emotion.

“I…” she went to speak but seeing the driver pull over and step out, “I have to go,” turning she walked toward the black cab but was pulled to an abrupt holt when Niall gripped her arm firmly pulling his flush against him, he forced his lips onto his kissing her with every ounce of passion he could muster to make the one girl he loved more than anything change her mind.

“Niall…” the brunette pulled away from him breaking their kiss, she was about to say something when the driver spoke, it took ever ounce of Niall not to tell him to fuck off. His blue eyes locked with her darker ones as he tried to find that small part of her that would still stay with him. “Goodbye Niall,” she spoke in a calm tone even though her chest was riddled with constricting pain. Untangling herself from his arms she stepped into the cab the driver closing the door behind her and stepping in.

“Where to Miss?” he asked.

“Airport,” nodding his balding head he began to move away from the curb and Julie did everything she could not to look at the blonde she had broken.

“Julie!” he cried but the car had picked up pace he ran to catch up but he was too slow, slowly turning Julie saw him hunched over his larger figure shaking with sobs it broke her heart but she knew she was doing the right thing.

Her phone buzzed in her jean pocket wiping her tears she grabbed the device out of the denim and looked at the screen.

“Forever!”

And Always. the declaration from last night caused her to burst into tears as she clutched her phone to her chest and leant forward in her seat letting the cries, she had been holding in, out. “Forever and always,” she repeated weakly through her choking sobs. “I’ll love you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Here is the next chapter :)

Shout out to
lion eyes and xomrsmalikxo for their wonderful comments glad you two are enjoying it so far

and a big thanks to the four new recommendations from the amaing Boppel
MattyBGirl
joshua fransexy
and
light me up Thanks a million you wonderful people keep up the awesome work
cheers Esther xx

Image Image