Status: Dedicated to Julie

Summer Love

3

Julie sat in silence her friend sitting next to her eyes scanning over a magazine, drinking in the gossip of the rich and famous. The growl of the aeroplane engine was nothing more then a gentle whirr in her ear as she looked out her window watching the cloud disappear beneath her.

“Jules…” the brunette turned her head to look at the raven-haired girl sitting beside her a worried look spread across her pretty face

“Yeah?”

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah why wouldn’t I be?” Julie asked keeping her tone light and full of as much happiness as she could muster due to the circumstances. The look her friend gave her made her realise that no matter how hard she tried she was never going to be able to hide it from her friend. “I promise I’m fine Sam,” but that didn’t mean she wasn’t going to give in and tell her just yet anyway.

“Jules, don’t bullshit me what is going on with you? Is it Niall? What has he done? If he’s hurt you I will kill him.” Sam threatened causing Julie’s eyes to fill with tears and quickly she shook her head.

“No, he hasn’t done anything,” the words rushed out of her mouth, an automatic defence on his part, as she looked at her friend her eyes pleading with her to stop but Sam wasn’t going to stop anytime soon she was going to find out what had happened to send her friend into this state of sadness.

“Jules…” she began.

“It was my fault!” Julie exclaimed wanting to stop her friend from pushing her for answers. Looking at Sam she noticed how her features softened the harsh creases from her frowning vanished when she realised what had happened between the two of them.

“You ended it didn’t you?” she asked her tone gentle turning in her seat so her full attention was on the brunette sitting in the seat next to her, the magazine dropped from her hands as she reached out and grabbed Julie’s colder one.

The words stuck in Julie’s throat and she wasn’t able to speak in confirmation instead all she could do was nod her head as warm tears spilled onto her cheeks rolling down staining her smooth flesh.

“Why?” Sam couldn’t fathom her friend’s choice; the two had seemed so in love when they were together.

“We’re from two different walks of life, he is a world famous pop star and I am a simple girl who works in a supermarket to pay for her collage intuition.” Julie shot bitterly at her friend angry at her persistence, angry at the fact she had let go of Niall so quickly, angry that she hadn’t listened to him when he argued that they could make everything work.

“Is that really the reason you left him?” Sam asked her tone soft, sympathy thick in her tone.

“I don’t want to talk about it!” the brunette snapped turning her face away from her friend and swiping the moisture from underneath her eyes.

Silence fell between the two girls and before long Sam had turned her overhead light off and fallen into a light doze. However Julie wasn’t able to close her eyes her mind was too busy replaying the heartbreaking goodbye between her and Niall.

Her chest constricted with pain at the memory of the blonde haired singer looking so small and vulnerable as he begged with her to take back the words she had said to him, the way his lips trembled when she shook her head not able to say no. The sight of his broad figure shaking violently with sobs.

The brunette shook her head violently to rid herself of the painful memory sighing as she swallowed her tears and breathed away the pain that was tightening in her chest. As hard as she tried she was unable to keep her heavy eyes open and soon gave in to the welcoming embrace of sleep as the plane soared through the night sky.

~


Julie stepped off the plain and made her way through the terminal and inside Heathrow Sam following alongside her looping her exposed arm with the brunettes covered one shooting her a smile.

“Sorry for pushing you last night,” Julie nodded her head smiling gently accepting her friend’s apology. “You will tell me what happened though, when you’re ready?”

“Yeah, I promise I’ll tell you,” Julie smiled bumping her friends hip with hers a light giggle leaving her lips, “but for now lets get through and get home, I have never wanted to sleep in my bed more then I do now.”

“I know that plane gave me a serious crick in the neck!” Julie laughed at the way her friend tried to stretch the pain out of her neck and in the process nearly dislocating it. The two females made their way to their car they had left in the compound at the airport when Julie’s began buzzing in her jean pocket awkwardly she stopped moving and grabbed the mechanical device out the tight denim material.

Nialler xox

The name struck a painful chord in her chest and she nearly fell down with fierceness of it. Quickly she disconnected the call when she heard Sam’s voice give up a loud cheer due to finding their car. Grabbing the handle of her suitcase she hurried toward the beaten up Ford chucking her bag in the boot and jumping in the passenger seat knowing that it wasn’t going to be the last time Niall tried to call her, and it wouldn’t be the last time she rejected his calls.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well that was one of the quickest updates I have ever done... I think.

Anyway.
shout out to the amazing lion eyes.
and
MattyBGirl for their comments. Sorry about causing the tears *hugs*

and to dead inside for the new recommendation thanks :)
anyways love to hear what you think of this next chapter :)
Cheers Esther

Image Image