Status: This is set in the 'YOU' look, as if you're describing yourself. Orea (you) is a girl. I do hope you like this story and will enjoy it!

His Maid, Her Butler

Her Butler, Guardian

You stood outside and watched as Pluto chased Soma, Agni, and Finny around the yard. It was a rather cold day; Ciel, Elizabeth with Paula, and Edward were bundled up inside, speaking over future matters. Tanaka was with them, so that gave you the responsibility of the other guests. Orea was in the middle of the yard, holding a box of Inukko treats.

“Pluto!” Orea held a treat in the air.

Skidding to a stop, he faced her and burst into a run. You rushed from your spot on the terrace and got behind her, taking impact as Pluto pounced. “Oof!” All three of you fell in unison, the impact making Orea hiss.

“Are you alright?” you asked her, seeing her face cringe as she tried to move.

Opening her eyes, she looked down at you, a red hue spreading across her face. “Huh…Oh, um, yes. I’m fine, thank-you for cushioning my fall.” She chuckled shakily.

Pluto wrapped his arms around her searching for the dog treat. Not finding it, he whimpered. Orea pushed herself off of you and, laying there between the two of you was the dog treat. Pluto yelped happily and lunged for it, making you feel very uncomfortable. Orea giggled as Pluto happily curled up next to you and nibbled away at his snack. Everyone surrounded you and stared; you stood up quickly and brushed the dirt off of yourself. Soma was beginning to look bored; he sighed exaggeratedly and looked around.

“Is there anything we can do for fun?” he asked. “I feel we have done everything there is.”

Orea and you shared a glance. “Yes, you have,” you replied, ready for him to leave.

Soma glanced at Agni and nodded. “Then I shall say farewell to Ciel and take my leave! I shall return when I wish to see the sights again!”

You, Orea and Finny stared at him, not suspecting him to have said that. “Are really going to leave us?” asked Finny, baffled.

Soma nodded and made his way back into the manor. “Yes, and I shall take my leave now.” He turned to Agni. “Please pack my things while I tell Ciel good-bye.”

“Yes, your highness,” replied Agni, running on ahead to ready them.

All of you stared after them, still in shock. “Did that really happen just now?” Orea asked. “Is he really gone?” She laughed to your surprise. “No more entertaining!”

You stared at her like she was crazy. “Is everything alright?”

Orea beamed. “Yes! Everything is perfectly well!” She took hold of your sleeve and smiled up at you. “I do not have to try and keep him entertained anymore.”

Finny stood next to her, rubbing his neck. “It is sad to see him go, but I agree with Miss Orea, I am also glad he is leaving.”

Pluto sat still on the ground and ate away at the treats, having gotten a hold of the box. Snapping out of your shock, you excused yourself. “If I may, I am returning to the young master to see if he is in need of anything.”

“Alright,” Orea replied, having retrieved the dog treats, ruining Pluto’s happy moment.

You left the three of them outside and walked into the manor, passing Agni and Soma on their way out. “Already going?” you asked.

“Yes,” replied Soma. “Farewell, Sebastian.” Soma waved and walked out the door.

Agni shook your hand, smiling. “I had an enjoyable time, dear friend. Until next time.”

“Yes, until next time.” You watched as they left, shutting the door behind them.

You maneuvered your way to the library, knocking before you took hold of the handle. “Come in,” Ciel said inside.

You entered and bowed. “I came to see if you were in need of anything, sir.”

Edward piped up. “Could you bring a cup of tea please?”

Ciel followed. “Yes, bring a tray of tea, Sebastian.”

“As you wish.” Leaving, you went to the kitchen to make the request.

As you stood there, your leg started up throbbing. It had been happening ever since Ciel’s birthday; you had no clue as to what was going on with it, but you tried to ignore it. Bard and Mey-Rin entered as you left, ready to start lunch.

“Baldroy, Prince Soma and Agni left,” you informed him. “You do not need to make as much for this afternoon’s meal.”

“Awright,” replied Bard, placing Mey-Rin where she could help. “I’ll remember that.”

Shaking your head, you returned to the library and served everyone. Edward sat near Tanaka, liking the presence of the old man; he was quiet and Tanaka did not continually talk and ask him questions. Paula was standing behind her mistress smiling happily. Ciel sat at his desk, leaning on his hand. You handed him a tea cup and winced, trying to make it unnoticeable; Ciel noticed anyway.

“Sebastian, are you alright?” he asked.

You smiled, hiding the pain. “I am as well as ever, young master, do not concern yourself with me.”

Elizabeth chimed in. “We should be concerned for you, Sebastian. You have been a kind butler.”

Edward, Paula and Tanaka all nodded. You laughed uneasily. “Thank-you then.”

Everyone but Ciel laughed along with you. The day seemed dull by comparison to the last week. All company was almost done; Elizabeth and Edward were leaving right after the afternoon meal and no one else was to arrive for another few weeks. Several of the snakes were roaming around the house, trying to find warmer places. Orea was secretly sneaking Pluto inside to sleep by the fire at night. And you had still not found anything out about Orea, though you and Ciel were watching her like a hawk. You could tell she was uncomfortable, but the only way for you to find anything was to watch or make her reveal all to you against her will; seeing as she would tell you on her own good time, you let it be. As you took the tray back to the kitchen, you thought about your servitude at the manor. You had been there for six years now, continually helping Ciel look for the ones who murdered his parents; so far there had been little luck. The Queen had not had much either the past two years; the only case worthy of anything was the one at the church. Your thoughts shifted to Ciel and you grinned devilishly. A worthy soul he had; he carried out his duties to others as well as to you. He was to marry Elizabeth in three years time, adding to the manor a new lady and a Lady’s Maid. Thinking about all the new work made your head throb; eventually there would children running around and you would have to help keep them in line, though Orea would take care of most of it.

You peered out the window in the kitchen and saw Orea and Finny still outside with Pluto; Mey-Rin had joined in. Bard was at the stove, a curious expression on his face. “What ya looking for?” he asked you.

“Nothing,” you replied, not moving from your spot. “Is lunch about ready?”

“Yup,” Bard said, pushing the cart towards you. “It just needs another minute or two.”

The hat on his head bounced around as he moved, but he was happy, not minding the least that it kept falling in his eyes. A few minutes later, everything was ready and you called Orea in to help. The two of you headed for the dinning room right on time; everyone having been seated, the meal was served.

“For this afternoon’s meal we have a rolled cabbage and potato mint salad.” You placed each plate in front of the person and they ate.

There was no talk throughout the meal; Orea fidgeted behind Edward, it was too quiet. Paula stood behind Elizabeth, head bowed. The meal was finished and Edward and Elizabeth left, a solemn atmosphere hanging about. Ciel retired to the library again and Orea piped up after the two of you were alone.

“Today has been awfully bleak, is something the matter?” she asked you, a worried expression on her face.

You shook your head. “No, it was just the matters being discussed today between them; you do understand that Lady Elizabeth will be in the manor shortly and she must adjust to the young master’s ways. For a boisterous girl like herself, it is hard to comply. But, she says she loves him enough that she will follow whatever he tells her.”

Orea stood next to you, head bent. “I see.” Perking back up instantly, she removed the last of the items on the table and brought them to the kitchen for you.

“I will finish here, you go on and see what else needs to be done,” you said, taking off your coat and rolling up your sleeves.

“Alright,” replied Orea. There was a worried tone in her voice, but you ignored it.

She stared at you as she walked out the door, though you did not see. She felt something was off, but she couldn’t quite put her finger on it. ‘What is that?’ she thought to herself, grabbing a pail and starting work on scrubbing the drawing room fireplace. ‘I guess only time will tell.’