New Beginnings.

Two.

Jonathan became a father the second he found out about Lucas. Jonathan spent the rest of the evening with us. Lucas loved it, he showed Jon all his hockey stuff right away. I couldn’t help but smile. It was such a long and eventful day that Lucas ended up falling asleep on Jonathan. We put him to bed together, then headed to my room.

“Kennadie, what are we going to do” Jonathan asked.
“I don’t know” I replied.
“I can’t believe this is how I had to find out” He said.
“Jon, you have no idea how sorry I am” I began “It almost killed me not to pick up the phone and tell you everything”
“I wish you would have, I could have shared everything with you” He began “I could have shared this with my son”
“I made a mistake by not telling you, I was reminded every time I seen you or had my son ask for his daddy, I am sorry” I told him
“I want to bring him to Chicago” Jonathan said.
“Who will watch him though, when your at the arena” I asked.
“His mother” He looked at me and said.
“Jonathan” I began
“Please, just for a visit at least” Jonathan began “I want to take him to the arena, show him the locker room, everything the guys with kids on the team do”
“He would love that more than anything” I said.

I stood up and grabbed the photo albums. I sat down on the bed and began going through them with Jon, showing him the first two years of his sons life. I could see tears in his eyes. I felt like Luc was smiling down on us, I knew he wanted me to tell Jon the truth more than anything. Now that truth was finally out.

“He looked just like me” Jon said looking at the pictures.
“He is like your twin” I began “Personality and look wise”
“He sure loves hockey” Jon said with a chuckle.
“I’m still surprised he wasn’t born with a stick in his hand” I began “As soon as he learned how to walk, he learned how to shoot”
“I don’t want to miss anything else” Jonathan said.
“You won’t have too, you can see him anytime” I said.
“You guys will be up here” He replied.
“I have to work and finish school” I told him.
“You can finish school in Chicago” Jonathan began “Kennadie, my feelings have not changed, I haven’t been able to find anything that makes me feel the way you do”
“Jonathan, please” I began, but he cut me off.
“I’m still upset that you kept my son from me, but I want us to be a family” He began once again “From the moment I first met you, I knew you were the one, please let’s try again”
“I don’t know, it’s been so long and with everything that happened” I said.
“I can’t miss out on anything else in Lucas’s life” Jon said “He needs his father, I want to be there for him.” He look my chin and lifted it up, then kissed me. Every memory came rushing back. My feelings were still there.

“I’ll think about it, shouldn’t you be partying now” I began “We have a lot of time to figure things out, and you should be with your family and the cup”
“I did last night, it’s gone back now” Jonathan replied “But I have to go talk to my parents, Can I introduce him to his grandparents tomorrow”
“I think he will love that” I began “I have to work, if you want, you can take him for the day, Lucas would love that”
“I’ll be over first thing to get him, thank you” Jonathan said. We both stood up and I walked him to the door. He kissed my cheek and was out the door.

I checked on Lucas, who was sleeping with the biggest smile on his face. Then I walked into my room, and got ready for bed. It was such a long day, but a good one. Jonathan was back in our lives, things must be turning around. Maybe we really are meant to be.

The next morning, I woke up to Lucas jumping on my bed. This was how many mornings began, I loved it though. Seeing my boy first thing was perfect.
“Momma, wake up” Lucas said. I slowly sat up, he gave me my morning hug and kiss.
“Guess where you are going today” I said to him.
“Where?” He asked with his eyes opened wide.
“Spending the day with your daddy” I told him. His smile was priceless.
“All day?” He asked.
“Momma has to go to work, so since you have been good” I began “You can miss daycare and spend the day with your daddy”
“Go now?” he asked.
“Let’s go get ready” I told him as I stood up and picked him up. We ate breakfast and then I got Lucas ready for the day. He picked out his favorite hockey shirt, and then I changed him into a pair of shorts.

I called Jonathan and he was over as quick as he could be. His parents were shocked, but excited to met their grandson. Jonathan reassured me that, they did not hate me. Though part of me did not believe it. Soon there was a knock on the door, Lucas knew who it was and he was beyond excited. We opened the door and Lucas ran to Jon. He picked him up and Lucas gave him a hug.
“We spend day gather” Lucas said with a huge smile one his face.
“We are going to have lots of fun” Jonathan replied setting Lucas back onto the floor.
“Luc, can you go play” I began “Mama and Daddy need to have a grown up talk” Lucas walked out of the room and into the living room with my mother.

“I hope you can handle this, He is very excited” I began “Here is everything you need, I wrote it all down, just in case.” I handed him a sheet of paper.
“I am a little nervous, but my parents will help if I need it” Jon replied.
“If you need it, ask for it, Lucas can be a handful” I began again “I still have troubles, and it’s okay to make mistakes”
“If all fails, can I just call” Jonathan asked.
“Yes” I told him “He is so excited to spend time with you”
“I can’t wait” Jon began “My parents are really excited, they want to have you both over for dinner the next night you have off”
“That would be tomorrow” I replied “Are you sure, they hate me for this don’t they”
“Kennadie, they have and will always adore you” Jonathan reassured me “I wasn’t the only one who missed you, they can’t wait to see you”
“I’ve miss them too and David too” I said.

Lucas came running back into the room. He just wanted to be with his father.
“We go now” Lucas asked. Jon looked at me, as I bent down to Lucas’s level.
“You be a good boy okay, and go easy on Daddy’s, he’s just learning” I told Lucas
“I be good, promise” Lucas said. I hugged and kissed him goodbye.
“Have a fun day, I love you” I told him.
“Love you Momma” Lucas said. I gave Jonathan a hug and the boys were out the door.

A little while later, Jamie was at the house before I had to go to work. We were in my room talking, she still didn’t know about Jonathan.
“I have something to tell you” I began “Jonathan knows.” Her eyes where huge.
“What” She yelled “Since when”
“Yesterday” I Began “He figured it out when Dad took Lucas to see the cup”
“How did he react” She asked “Details women”
“He was really upset, but Lucas is with him right now” I began “he’s watching him while i’m at work, he wants me to take Lucas to dinner at his parents tomorrow”
“He wants to be there right, he wants to make it work again” Jamie asked
“How do you know” I asked.
“That boy has been in love with you forever” she replied
“He wants us to be a family” I told her.
“What do you want” She asked me.
“I want that too, i’m just scared” I replied.

I had to head off to work, I was working at the local hospital since I was about to become a full time nurse after graduation this year. Today I was just filling in, so I only had work a few hours. I was excited for this shift to be over, since I wanted to be with Lucas and Jonathan.

Jonathan & Lucas picked me up after my shift. We headed back to my parents, Lucas was asleep in the backseat. It was way too cute.
“I don’t know how you did this alone” Jonathan began “He was great, we had a lot of fun”
“How did he take to your parents and David” I asked.
“Loved them, he was shy at first but before you knew it, he and David were play fighting” Jon replied “Mom can’t get over how much he looks like me, Dad thinks he’s a future hockey star”
“I’m glad they love him all ready” I said. We pulled into the gateway and Jonathan parked the car and then carried Lucas in and we put him to bed together again.

“I could get use to this” Jonathan replied as we headed into my room. I quickly left the room to changed out of my work clothes.
“Jon, is that really a good idea” I asked.
“Why wouldn’t it be, we could be together” He replied.
“I can’t handle this, you are being too nice” I said.
“What do you mean” he asked.
“You should hate me, you should be wanting to take him away” I began “You should have left by now and never wanted anything to do with us, i kept your son from you for two years.” Jonathan placed his arms around me, I could feel my tears wetting his shirt.
“I was upset and if you would have kept denying things, or not letting me see Lucas, then I would get mad” Jonathan began “But you are letting me into my sons life now, I wish this would have been during the pregnancy, but we cannot change that”
“I know I should have told you” I told him.
“We can’t change that, I want to move on” Jonathan “At least he’s two, and not much older, there is still so many first I can be around for”
“First skate, playing hockey for the first time” I began “I took him to Luc’s memorial game with the Moose, I’m sorry”
“Please stop saying that” he began “I know how close you and Luc were, and I am glad our son has that name”
“It’s the only game he was been too, I wanted a Chicago game to be his first NHL one” I said.
“It will be” Jon replied “I’m not mad anymore, what’s done is done, we will move and make new memories”