New Beginnings.

Six.

These playoffs turned out to be more than great for Jon and the Hawks. They were the 2013 Stanley Cup champions. I finally got to watch Jon win another championship, Lucas and Bridgette got to watch their daddy win. Lucas was beyond excited to be able to celebrate another cup win.

The Blackhawks won the Cup in Boston, it was great to be there with Lucas and Bridgette and the Toews family. It was hectic with a infant but this was our life and I couldn’t possibly love it anymore.

It was hard to believe in just three years how much had changed. Lucas had his father, I married the love of my life and our family of three become a family of four.

Since he was the Team Captain, Jon was the one who did many appearances with the Stanley Cup. It was busy, but Lucas was excited when he was able to tag along with his daddy.

I was sitting in the living room feeding Bridgette when my two boys came into the door after an appearance. Lucas came running over to tell me about his day and then ask to hold his baby sister. I was just finishing burping her, so she was all done eating. Lucas sat up on the couch and I placed her in his arms. Jon wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me in for a kiss.

“Wish you two could have been there.” He said.
“There will be other times.” I told him. “Glad you guys had fun.”

Soon enough we were putting Lucas to bed. Jon was on the couch feeding Bridgette before we had to put her down.
“Has anything else been said about Russia?” I asked.
“Nothing yet. We have to wait for that situation before the new season schedule will be out.” Jon said.

A few days later Bridgette and I was out to lunch with Dayna Seabrook who was Brent Seabrook’s wife and also a close friend of mine since I moved here. She was pregnant with their first child. It was nice to have another women around who understood what I just went through and I liked being there for her.

We were sitting outside, two girls walked by and we heard them talking. “She’s actually not keeping this one away from her father.” “She will run soon enough.”

“Ignore them” Dayna said.
“People need to get over the past.” I said. “Forget about them, How are you feeling.”
“Pretty good. Just will be excited to finally have our little one here.” She said.
“Hopefully he or she will be here when Brent brings the cup home.” I said.
“That would be perfect. It must be nice to have both children for you guys. Lucas must be loving life.” She said.
“I have no idea how he sleeps. He is so excited all the time. Bridgette and your bundle of joy.” I began. “Maybe too small to remember it now, but we have all the photos and videos.”
“There will be other times to celebrate too.” She said.

It was always nice to have some girl time, but nothing was better than coming home to my boys. I walked into the door with Bridgette in her carseat. I barley had time to get her out of it before Lucas was asking to hold her. He sat on the chair with his arms out, Jonathan placed her in his arms.

“We made some pretty cute kids.” Jonathan said.
“Yes we did.” I said.
“How about we get Kane to babysit and make some more.” He said. I laughed.
“I think we are good with two for now.” I began “Maybe in the future.”

In the next few weeks, we were getting ready to head to Winnipeg for a little bit of the summer. Both of our families had been down, but we need a break from the windy city and needed to be home. It would be nice for some of our family members who haven’t gotten to meet little Bridgette to finally see her.

“Do you really need all the stuff? We can get more clothes when we are there and then just leave them there.” Jon asked standing outside the kids rooms as I was packing.
“I know, but I need to pack quite a bit for the baby.” I told him. “Do you want a crying baby on the plane.”
“You do what you need.” He said.

“Daddy, we go see Uncle David and Na and Pa soon.” Lucas asked.
“Yes and we also will have the cup with us for a day while we are there.” Jon told him.
“Big party?” Lucas asked
“Very big.” Jon replied.

I was excited to get back home and see our families and friends. We were married here just last summer. We would be spending out first anniversary back home.

Winnipeg was our home away from Chicago. There was still a little part of my heart in New Brunswick, it was where I grew up. I just wish Luc was still with us. I missed him so much, I wish my children could have meet a wonderful man. He would have loved them so much. I’m still on contact with his mother and girlfriend. They love seeing updates on the kids.

Luc would have loved the wedding, I could just hear the stories he would have told. We know Jon will be so strict with Bridgette when she’s older with boys and such. But then having “Uncle Luc” the poor girl wouldn’t know what to do. Luc watched over me, and gave Jon the third degree, we could only image how he would be with her.

We were ready to leave the city life for a bit, have fun with our families, show off out newest bundle of joy. Celebrate with family and friends over Jon’s second Stanley Cup championship win.

Just before we left for home, Jon got some exciting news. NHL players would be at the 2014 Winter Games in Russia and Jon was invited to the Team Canada training camp.

We could be off to Russia this winter for a few weeks.
♠ ♠ ♠
thank you the comment and support :)

Sorry it took a long time to update, back to being busy with school and hockey.

enjoy. xoxo