Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter ten

Part ten

The party was going on for about 4 hours now. I had a lot of fun. Danced with all the guys for a little time. Even Novak, I told him if he didn’t behave I’d make sure he wasn’t getting any the whole night.. That did the trick! When the people started leaving I noticed the time. "DAMN! It’s 03.00 already! I need to be at April’s tomorrow, ehh.. this morning! Shit, shit, shit! " I started looking for my coat and my necklace. Dico stole it from me half way trough the party to feel more ‘piraty’ like he put it. Bam came around the corner, swaying a little. But surprisingly, he wasn’t completely wasted.. wanted to keep an eye on his house I guess. "Hell, just stay here. We have an empty guest bedroom where you can sleep. It’s not like you’ll be the first who stays over. Just go upstairs and get some sleep. " I looked at him, he seemed sincere. "Are you sure? I mean, I can just go home you know. " He grabbed my arm and drug me up the stairs. "I’m sure, now, here it is.. there are towels in the closet if you want to take a shower when you wake up. " I looked around the room. It was dark but really nice. Bam still stood beside me. I gave him a sideways hug, since he still had a hold of my arm. "Thanks Bam, I can at least get some sleep now. I’ll see you in the morning."
He smiled. "No problem, sleep well." "Sleep well.. Oh and Bam? " He turned around. "Yea? " I smiled. "Sorry for being so untrusting about the whole friendship thing.. friends? " "Friends. " He smiled and went into what I guessed was his room.

I woke up at about 9.00. Of course, no one was up yet. And when they would be, there would be hangovers form hell to nurse, so I guessed it was going to be a slow day at the castle. I sat at the kitchen counter writing a note:
Morning guys! ;)

Had to get up early anyways, and figured you’d like something to eat. See it as a thank you for letting me stay here last night. The pancakes only need to be heated. ‘Cause you’re probably to slow to even grasp the fact that a microwave doesn’t work by itself.. I set the timer. Just press start!

Enjoy!
Hell


When I walked in april approached me with a smile. "Had fun last night? " I raised my eyebrows. "How do you know I..- " "Bam told me" "Oh.. yea it was fun to just let go again.. But I’m off, maybe I can finish today! " "Oh sweetie, don’t worry, take your time! " I just nodded and headed upstairs

I threw aside my bag and started painting. Nothing was going to bother me today, nothing!

Before I knew it, it was 21.00. Still, I wasn’t finished. I was so close! April knocked on the door. "Hell, just go home! That mural will still be there tomorrow! " She wiggled the doorknob. I bolted to the door. "No! Don’t come in! I don’t want you to see anything before it’s finished! " I heard a sigh. "Fine, I won’t come in if you come out right now and go home to get some sleep! " Now it was my turn to sigh. "Alright, alright, just let me get my stuff.. " I grabbed my things and went downstairs.

When I came downstairs I almost collapsed. "Okay, maybe I am a little tired.. " I mumbled. April went to stand up but Phil stopped her. "You’ve done enough today sweetheart. Hell, let me drive you home" I wanted to protest but simply couldn’t find the strength to. I nodded

When we arrived at my house Phil said he would pick me up at 11.00 again tomorrow, since my car was still at their house. I thanked him and went inside, laid down on my bed and fell asleep instantly.

~Novak’s POV~
At about 13.00 I dragged myself downstairs. Surprisingly I was the first. But when I found the note and pressed the button, more people soon followed.
"Man I love this girl! " I said with my mouth full. We all sat at the counter, hungrily eating the pancakes. The others nodded their head in agreement. "If she does this every time, I don’t care if she sleeps over, I’ll invite her myself! These things are fucking delicious! "

~Bam’s POV~
I have to admit, that breakfast was the best I’ve had in a long time! We were all hanging around the pool, being lazy. "Are you sure we don’t have to shoot until the day after tomorrow? " Novak asked me with a yawn. "Yea, I guess we really don’t have anything to do until then. " Just then, an idea popped into my head. I grabbed my cell and texted Hell (THAT RHYMES! OHMEGAWD! XD) "What’d ya do? " Dico asked while floating on the purple zorse. I grinned. I just texted the new target of our show. Gentlemen, meet the lovely, Helena Rain Duquette! I had Dave run a background on her. Let’s give her a warm welcome when she starts painting here! " All the guys laughed and I could see they already started plotting.

~You’re POV~
"Ah! Incredible, what a shower can do for a person! " I said to myself. I felt a lot better after a good night sleep. When I checked my bag for my mascara I saw my mobile asking for attention. I opened it and saw I had a text message from Bam.
Ready to play with the big boys? You start painting on Thursday
What the? That was the day after tomorrow! I noticed I also had three missed calls from my boss. Shihiiit.. .. I decided to deal with my boss first. I called him back. He picked up after two rings, that’s never a good sign.. "DUKE!? Were you planning on returning sometime soon or are you just going to abandon the shop!? " I was shocked, he never was this mad. "But sir, I took my vacation days for this trip! " "We don’t do vacation days here Duke, you knew that! " He always called me duke, short for Duquette.. and just because he didn’t know what my first name was.. "I’m going to have to let you go, I have an 18 year old who will work for half the money I pay you! " I didn’t listen any further. I hung up. @$$HOLE! I let myself fall backwards onto the bed and sighed. Maybe just maybe I had to use my emergency stash this time..