Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter twenty two

Part twenty two:

This wasn’t going to be good. They were close to my house! Oh no no no no.. OF COURSE! That’s why Novak called me! He wanted to make sure I didn’t watch TV today! Oh I’m dumb.. I quickly thought of a place I could go that would be safe. I started grinning. I quickly wrote a note.:

Hey Les..
I’ve gone to work on my sketch. This place was driving me nuts. I’m either at the coffee house, the bookshop or the music store. ( sorry, had some other things to take care of..) Just come and look for me there, we’ll talk over coffee.. CYA!
XOXO Hell


Okay, so I didn’t know a Leslie, the last Leslie I knew was the Leslie from kindergarten. But it would have to do for now, they had no idea I made her up. I had chosen the bookshop and the music store, ‘cause those where on two different sides of town. They would have to drive 15 minutes to get to either of them. And they only had a little over an hour of broadcasting time left. I quickly grabbed my sketchbook but left my cell phone in the house. In case they tried to call me and ask where I was. I taped the note to my front door, jumped in my Lambo and started driving. The last I saw of the episode was that they were entering philly. I made sure I took another exit out of town. Because a blood red Lamborghini would probably be noticed, even by them. I sat behind the wheel with a smile on my face. West Chester, here I come..

The drive went a little quicker, god bless Lamborghini’s. I made it to Bam’s house in 20 minutes. And, as I expected, a lot of MTV van’s were outside his place. I walked up to the door and knocked. As far as I saw on TV, all the guys were out with Bam, on their way to my house. The door opened and April appeared. I smirked and waved a little. Her mouth fell open and she just pointed inside and back at me. I laughed and pushed her gently back inside. There she got her ability to speak again. "How’d you.. did.. Bam’s not here you know.. " She ended awkwardly. I laughed. "I know.. I saw his episode on TV and made sure I got the hell out of my house! " She laughed and hugged me. "I’m glad you are a smart one Hell.. that’ll teach those boys to be so full of them self’s.. " She led me into a room full of camera equipment and other stuff. A lot of, my guess, MTV people were sitting there, watching what the camera with Bam was seeing. When we walked in they all looked up. "Gentlemen.. " April said with a smirk. ( Now I know where Bam got it from..) "I’d like you to meet Bam’s target.. which thank god, has more brains then those boys.. This is Hell." I smiled and waved. An equal smirk appeared on their faces. I walked towards one of the screens and saw Bam and the crew outside my door, reading the fake note I hung. Bam read it outloud and the MTV guys looked at me with those same smirks. I shrugged and laughed. "Hey a girl’s gotta do, what a girl’s gotta do! " Then I got an idea. I saw another camera in the corner of the room. "Hey urhm.. " I said to one of the guys who looked like a boss type of person. "Derek. " He smiled. "Hey Derek" I continued. "Do you think you can break into his broadcast with that camera over there? " Derek looked over to the corner and looked back at me. "I think that’d be possible.. why.. you have something planned? " He smiled mischievously. I nodded. "If I may.. I’d like to let the people who are watching, know what’s going on.. so the guys would be the only ones out of the loop.. " Derek clapped his hands together out of joy. "Oh this is what I’ve been waiting for! No offence April, but you’re son drives me up the wall sometimes! " She laughed. "None taken Derek, Hell, you go and make him look like a fool! " She stuck up her thumbs. I laughed and walked over to the camera with Derek, while he set it up, April applied some make-up. I laughed. "It’s okay April, it’s not like I’ll be on for long. " She shrugged. "Better make a good impression! " She said with a wink, and pushed me towards Derek. I smiled and stood in front of the camera. "Shoowtime.. " I said in a singsong voice. (I DON’T KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE PEOPLE, BUT DEAL WITH IT, IT’S MY STORY!) "Okay, when I stick my thumb up, we’re rolling. " Derek said looking at the camera one last time. I nodded and started fidgeting with the bottom of my shirt. "Nervous? " Derek said with a chuckle. " Well.. Yah, but I want Bam to look like a fool so bad.. so I’ll deal with it.. " I said with a smile. Derek laughed and started counting. He stuck up his thumb and I just went with it. I snuck up close to the camera and put my finger on my lips. "Shhh.. " I whispered. Looking around me for effect, I saw April stifle a laugh. "Right, so I don’t have much time to do this.. I’m Hell, I was supposed to be Bam’s target for today, but thank god, I decided to watch TV. Therefore, I’m in his house.. and he is out in Philly looking for me. " I couldn’t help but grin "Okay, so all you Bam fan’s out there in Philly, PLEASE, I repeat, PLEASE don’t go looking for them and tell them where I am.. Believe me, that shit just ain’t funny. " I pondered for a while.. "You could help me though.. let them think you saw me somewhere.. Talk about a girl sketching something. Make them hear it. If you would do that, that’d be so cool.. In the meantime.. I have to think of a way to get him back for wanting to prank me.. what to do in Bam Margera’s house when he’s not there.. " I said smirking with a finger to my chin. I winked and the camera shut off again. Derek stood behind it with a huge grin on his face. We both walked towards the monitors again, to see Bam’s reaction to his temporary "Camera failure"

~Bam’s POV~
"Ehrmm.. Bam, I don’t want to interrupt anything, but isn’t that red light supposed to be on while you are broadcasting? " Dico said examining the camera. My eyes went wide and I rushed over to it. Shit, it was off. The camera man looked dumbfounded. "I didn’t do anything, I swear! " He stuttered. I sighed. "Fix it! This shit is live dude! " After 3 minutes the light just flicked on again. I sighed and got back in front of Hell’s door. "Alright then! " I said waving my arms. "After that stupid camera failure, we’re happy to be back. Now.. let’s get to finding Hell. What we won’t do to prank someone.. " I muttered towards the camera and ran off towards the hummer. The guys following closely behind.

~Your POV~
I had tears rolling down my cheeks. "That is terrific! " I said while wiping my tears away. I turned towards April and smiled. "April..? Could you do me a huge favour and help me with something? " She smiled and nodded. I dragged her up the stairs. "Good, help me gather all the Games, Alcohol and Skateboards in the entire house. " Her eyes went wide, but she smiled. "You’re on a roll today aren’t you Hell? " She laughed. I nodded happily like a little child. We both ran away, me taking the upper floor and April taking the bottom one. We both had garbage bags, filling them up quickly. After that, we checked the garage and the cars.

In the end, we had three bags of skateboards. I wonder.. how much skateboards can two guys need.. ‘cause Novak and Bam are the only ones who use those things.. One bag with games. And only four bags of alcohol. Which surprised me, considering the amount of drinking that is done here.. But we all dragged them out to the back end of the forest. With help from Derek and two other MTV guys. After that we quickly drove back to the house (we had taken the ATV’s) And saw that the guys had given up on finding me after a lot of. "Worthless overheard info. " From passer-by’s. I grinned and jumped up and down. They now just had hurt each other and annoyed people that were walking by the coffee house. There were 10 minutes of airing time left. That’s when I saw a sluttish looking girl come up to the crew. Novak’s face went all happy but mine frowned. I foresee trouble..

"You know she’s just at your house right..? " She said winking at Novak. Bam’s face turned around so fast I thought he gave himself a whiplash. He glared into the camera. "You are dead Helena Rain Duquette.. So dead.. " But I saw a smirk play at the corners of his lips. The whole MTV crowd fell silent and looked at me.. I shrugged with a grin. "Guess playtime’s over huh? "