Status: Done :)

Lips Like Morphine

Chapter thirty one

Part thirty one:

The next time I woke up, it was in a hospital. Apparently, already after surgery. My right leg was in a cast up to my knee. I blinked a few times to focus my vision. I saw the guys huddled in the corner of my room and I coughed. Raabs head poked out above the group. He cheered. "Your up! " They all came towards my bed. Asking how I felt and stuff. I smiled and held up my hand. "I’m fine. Really.. And, I’m not mad.. but I do want to know.. who pushed me? " The group parted to show Bam shuffling his feet. "I’m so freaking sorry Hell, I really didn’t know there was a shallow part and we checked, I thought you were faking it so I just-" He started rambling. I laughed softly and waved my hand. "Bam.. like I said.. I’m not mad. I needed to overcome that fear anyway. This just wasn’t the way I figured I’d do it.. " He looked up and met my eyes. When he saw I meant what I said he eased up a little bit. He clearly wasn’t used to the whole guilt thing.

The guys just sat around and talked for a while, that was until a doctor came in. They all fell silent and looked at me. I chuckled lightly. They all hated hospitals, therefore I already thought it was sweet they stayed with me. But doctors creeped them out. Even Ville, and he didn’t even participate in jackass! I smiled at the doctor, urging him to just speak. He nodded and looked at his chart. "Ah, Miss Duquette.. That was a nasty break we had to fix. I see here that you hit it on a rock.. How did this happen? If I may ask? " He eyed Bam and the guys. I knew what he was thinking. The jackasses.. they must have done this to the girl. I hated people like that. They were so incredibly close minded. Just because of their TV show, they were assholes.. Well, if you ask me.. that doc is the asshole. I smiled sweetly and answered. "We were all out at the lake, and when we were enjoying the view from the bridge, I lost my balance and fell down. " The doctor didn’t seem to buy it. "You are aware of the fact that jumping of that bridge is illegal and can get you a fine? " He said still looking at the guys from the corner of his eyes. I nodded and smiled again. "I’m aware of that fact sir, that’s why I fell.. and didn’t jump.. " The guys al stifled a laugh. The doctor sighed and didn’t press it any further. "Well, it was a nasty break, but we were able to fix it.. You have a metal pin inserted in your ankle now. That will remain there for the next six weeks, then.. the bone should be healed and we can remove it again. We will keep you overnight just to make sure, but if nothing out of the ordinary happens, you’ll be able to leave first thing in the morning.. I smiled and thanked the doctor. He left again. As soon as he closed the door I grumbled. "Asshole.. " The guys all laughed and went to hug me. "We have to leave.. since visiting hours were over.. an hour ago.. " Dunn said checking his watch. I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Thanks for staying guys.. I’ll call if I get out tomorrow. " They agreed and left. I laid back and snuggled into the pillow. *Six whole weeks..*

I woke up the next morning to a smiling Bam. "Hey there sleepyhead. " He smiled. I giggled a bit at his choice of words. It sounded weird, coming from theI-am-so-tough-look-at-me skater. "You’re free to go! " He said happily. I smiled and stretched. "What time is it? " "8.00" He replied simply. I shot up. "What? You didn’t have to come here at eight in the morning! " I said looking at him with wide eyes. His eyes became sad again. "Yes I did.. Hell, I feel so fucking guilty for doing this to you.. But, I have good news! You are going to stay with us! Figured it is the least I could do. I did this to you, and being alone in your house isn’t going to work either. Besides, you took care of me when I was sick, now it’s my turn!" He stood there smiling really big. Like he just had cured cancer. I smiled and couldn’t do anything else than give in. "Okay.. fine.. but promise I won’t be included in any stunts? " I said with one eye a little squinted. He laughed. "Yeah yeah, promise.. you can help plan them, just like you’ll help plan your party! " I raised my eyebrows and gestured to my leg. "Hardly up for any partying am I? " I said looking at him amused. He just swatted away my words and helped me out of bed. He handed me a bag of clothes. "You’ll get the seat of honour! " Now, get dressed. I’ll turn around. " And he did.. But I struggled with my pants. I had boy shorts on so I figured Bam could help me, he wouldn’t see much. Not more than he had seen in my bikini anyways. "Bam? " I said grinning sheepishly. "I can’t bend that well.. can you help me with my socks and pants..? " He chuckled a little and turned around. He immediately bend down and pulled my pants over my cast. I could have mistaken.. but I swore I saw blush on this cheeks. He gently pulled the pants up and helped me get into them. After that, he did my sock and got my crutches. "There you go.. " He said smiling. I lent on one crutch and wrapped my free arm around his waist. I pressed my face against his side a little bit, the best hug I could give. "Thanks.. " I whispered. He hugged me back and softly ushered me out of the room. I signed the papers while Bam left to go get the car. I went outside and waited for the blasting of music to be heard. It didn’t come. I raised an eyebrow and looked around. I let out a yelp when someone, or something hit me in the back of my knees and made me fall down. If it didn’t catch me.. huh!? I looked behind me and saw that I fell into a wheelchair Bam had drove directly into me. He stood grinning. I rolled my eyes. "Do not do that again! " I said with a hand over my heart. He just rolled his eyes and ruffled my hair. "Doc said you should keep your leg elevated.. therefore.. the wheelchair. " He said rolling me towards the hummer. I really appreciated the gesture of him offering to stay with him and the guys. But I couldn’t help but doubt if I could come out of there without any other broken bones. I already knew that the guys would find the wheelchair I’m chained to at the moment, very tempting..

"Hell! " All the guys came running towards us as soon as Bam parked the hummer. I laughed. "Please don’t tell me I’m the reason you’re up this early? Then I’d feel more guilty! " The guys raised their eyebrows. I laughed. "I could have managed you know.. a few more hours in that hospital. I don’t wanna be the reason you guys lack sleep.. " They all laughed. "Pssht! There is not such thing as sleep in the life of a CKY crew member! You should know that by now.. " Dico said dancing around us. I smiled, readjusting my crutches. "I can tell you had sugar this morning.. " I said while rolling my eyes at them. All the guys started getting bags out of the hummer. I realised those were filled with my clothes as soon as Dunn dropped it. "How.. How’d you get in? " I asked Bam suspiciously.. He grinned. "Not important! Nothing broke.. now let’s get inside and plan that party of yours.. " He said picking me up bridal style. I sighed and looked at him while he carried me inside. "What? " He said laughing. "You’re not even going to give me a chance to learn to walk with crutches aren’t ya? " I said with a smirk tugging at my lips. He shook his head, making his hair fly into my face. I sputtered, trying to keep it out of my mouth. That only made him shake his head more. I was glad he put me on the couch. I glared at him playfully. Outside the boys were being their rowdy selves, playing with the wheelchair of course. "So.. when exactly is this party going to be held? " I asked Bam when he returned with a beer and a water for me. "Saturday" He grinned. I almost spit out my water. "Bam, that’s tomorrow! " He nodded, that’s why I need to make a few calls. I changed my mind. You can’t help plan.. so you better find something to do.. " He walked away, already dialling a number. I sighed, closed my eyes and threw my head back. These 6 weeks were going to be so hard.. I was already bored.. I opened my eyes to see my mural. I smiled. That thing really turned out better than I thought.

I spend the rest of the day out on the deck, talking to April. She had come over for the next few weeks. Mainly for filming, but when she heard I would be staying here with a broken ankle, she instantly felt sorry. Her worries disappeared slightly when she saw how careful Bam was around me. He really wanted to do his best at making me feel comfortable. It was sweet. He was running around calling people all day. The guys had been put in duty of finding booze and hanging up flyers all over town. It was almost time for dinner by now. April wasn’t feeling like cooking so she put Phil in charge of the barbeque. Just as Bam grabbed one of the burgers of the grill a voice behind us spoke up. "Guess I know who’s the favourite son.. Any burgers left for us? "